If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for windows phone 8 announced?

rossdarganrossdargan Posts: 262Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

http://blogs.windows.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2013/10/22/instagram-isn-t-the-only-great-app-coming-to-windows-phone-here-s-the-full-list.aspx (about half way down)

Plex (Plex Systems)

Plex_5F00_Screenshot1_5F00_thumb_5F00_69    Plex_5F00_Screenshot2_5F00_thumb_5F00_14

This personal media app can manage all of your videos, music, and photos across multiple devices. Share videos between Windows Phone 8, iOS, and Android devices, and more. Shoot video on your Nokia Lumia phone and replay it not just on your computer, but on any smart TV or TV with Windows media center. The new Windows Phone 8 app will is exclusive to Nokia users and free for a limited time. 

Does this mean we are finally getting a wp8 version :-)

Comments

• chaudichaudi Posts: 89Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    rossdargan wrote on October 22 2013, 8:19 AM: »

Does this mean we are finally getting a wp8 version :-)

Nah, they are just joking with us.

But finally a new Windws Phone app! I hope they've included plex sync in it too.

• rossdarganrossdargan Posts: 262Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I wonder what the "on d..." could mean (on device perhaps?) Given that it looks like it's inside a library (public domain movies) it could mean the items that are on the device.

Perhaps we are getting plex sync :)

• justinhowjustinhow Posts: 166Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

At last we get an update, but when....

PMS on Windows Server 2012 R2 (Intel Core i5, 8TB RAID, 16GB RAM), Nvidia Shield TV, Denon AVR-X4300, Axiom Epic 50 Speakers, Sony VPL-HW40ES Projector, Sony KD-55X8005C TV
  • Jaap_van_EkrisJaap_van_Ekris Posts: 377Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Perhaps we are getting plex sync :)

That is something I am waiting for: I notice copying a song from my server to my laptop to my Nokia is a lot of hassle, while the music could be downloaded directly from Plex...

Jaap
  • byronmbyronm Posts: 60Members

It's funny we hear about plex getting an update from Microsoft before Plex devs give us any news :)

• mariussmmariussm Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Wonder how long it takes until we hear something from the Plex devs. :) This is awesome, hoping for sync both for this and for the Windows 8 app.

• jdbrookesjdbrookes Posts: 455Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Eagerly awaiting a blog post from one of the devs! They were keeping this very quiet.. I wonder if this will be a separate app? Will there be an upgrade path for those who have already paid €5 for the WP7 app? If this is a Nokia exclusive does that mean it will be cheaper or perhaps free? Plexsync would be a rather advanced feature for a 1.x release so we'll see if that's included...

• jamesfmackenziejamesfmackenzie Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Really great to see this! Please say it has PlexSync!