If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

WP8 Plex completely new or an update?

2»

Comments

• jdbrookesjdbrookes Posts: 455Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I noticed today that the Plex app in the WP marketplace is now showing Last Update as 05/12/2013. A week or two back it was showing as last updated in early 2012. There has been no actual update to the app but obviously there's stuff going on behind the scenes. Fingers crossed we see something soon!

• jebrumjebrum Posts: 104Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    jdbrookes wrote on December 10 2013, 9:19 PM: »

I noticed today that the Plex app in the WP marketplace is now showing Last Update as 05/12/2013. A week or two back it was showing as last updated in early 2012. There has been no actual update to the app but obviously there's stuff going on behind the scenes. Fingers crossed we see something soon!

Good catch. Says the same for me.

That would be 12/5/2013 for those in the US too.

• dnaniandnanian Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is the 1.4 update, which doesn't seem to be new at all (it has quite a few problems). Hopefully the real, new app is coming... 

• JasonKruysJasonKruys Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2013

How exciting....a Windows Phone 8 Section has been created - must be close!

EDIT: A second (Free) later version of Plex has appeared in the WP store, yesterday. WP8 Only. What gives? Is it now free? Or do I wait for an 'upgrade' from my paid version?

EDIT2: It is a Nokia exclusive, by the look of it. Search for Plex and it will appear. It is free, version 1.5.01, and works great!

• eddienhoeddienho Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    A very nice looking App...and pretty stable......
    But where is plexsync?

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_206 using Tapatalk
  • CyanAwesomeCyanAwesome Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

Do I really need to pay for the app again if I'm upgrading from windows phone 7?

After having never been able to get it working (due to various bugs) on windows phone 7 then being surprised once I finally try to access the updated version... It's both disappointing and frustrating.

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,663Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

CyberAwesome ~ I've PM'd you.

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

2»