If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Subtitles sync problem

yogevyogev Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

Hi,

Subtitles appears normal only when start watch video from the beginning.

If I continue watch from where I stopped earlier there is no sync between subs and video..

Please assist

Thanks

Yogev 

Comments

• IanDBirdIanDBird Plex Employee Posts: 2,295Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. Does this happen to anyone else?

Ian

• Ludwig+KilianLudwig+Kilian Posts: 110Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I have subtitles getting out of sync after a short period of time with some movies. Some initiated after a pause some just after some time. I did not have this out-of sync before. I do not know yet what is causing some subtitles te get out of sync and others not? It are all SRTs, It's independent of the player, PMS 0.9.8.6. on Win 8.1.

thanks Ludwig

• IanDBirdIanDBird Plex Employee Posts: 2,295Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Could it be that the subtitles themselves are incorrect and have slightly wrong times defined in them?

Could be I need to do a bigger sample test on existing ones and search for subtitle alternatives. It does not work for all newly added movies and 2 movies I saw before and know where correct are out of sync. The rest of the earlier movies the subtitles are working correct

• rmeijerrmeijer Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem.... all my movies with subs are out-of-sync.

Plex version: plexmediaserver_0.9.8.10.215-020456b_amd64

Does the issue still occur if you:

• Enter the Android application's Settings
    • Under VIDEO, check "Prefer local subtitles" to "OFF"

Ian

I have found new subtitles for the earlier movies and they now seem to work fine. Could be that reloading new files improved they sync or the tolerance has gone down? All seem to be working now. Will test android later, have to recharge battery

Thanks

• ollejacobsenollejacobsen Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I'm having the same problem. If I use PHT or other media player in Windows the sub is in sync. But on my Nexus 7 it's fragile. If I pause or fast-forward /rewind the subtitle will most likely be out of sync with 1 or 2 seconds. If I quit the app and resume it's still out of sync.

I'm watching the video with direct play and audio transcoded. The sub is in srt format and is placed on the server beside the media file.

Thanks in advance, Olle
  • kolslorrkolslorr Posts: 3Members ✭✭
    Same problem exactly. Tested on at least 3 of my android devices
  • Plex MatPlex Mat Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Same here,
    Srt subs with mkv on android plex, works fine if i start from the beginning. If i pause or resume subs get out of sync
  • johnthughesjohnthughes Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass

Bump. Same issue.

• budworthtdogbudworthtdog Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been having issues with this as well. Any word from the developers looking into this? Mine tend to work fine if I start from the begining but if I am to pause or stop watching something and then restart it the subtitles go out of sync. For example I will select to play and then select to start from the time possition I ended with last time as the video is loading the subtitles will start to appear before the video or audio start. Thats where they seem to get out of wack, it's as if the subs are just restarting too early instead of waiting for the video and audio to start. 

• AnssihAnssih Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm also experiencing this issue. It seems to be like budworthtdog mentioned, it starts in-sync but after closing and restarting playback it goes out-of-sync.

If I turn off "Prefer local subtitles" from settings (to force transcoding), the issue disappears.

• johnthughesjohnthughes Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass
    johnthughes wrote on December 23 2013, 8:38 PM: »

Bump. Same issue.

Note, I switched to non local subtitles and it fixed the issue.

• ollejacobsenollejacobsen Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Problem is still there with version 3.2.3.67
  • XargonXargon Posts: 28Members ✭✭

Same issue here.

• alexjaraalexjara Posts: 1Members

Same issue but switched to non-local subtitles and plays perfectly.

• guerrettoguerretto Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2014

Same issue in mac with PMS 0.9.9.0.308 and PHT 1.0.8, although it happens since several versions of both programs ago. I've discovered that the subtitles are being shown about 9 seconds late, always the same delay, so if I only pause the reproduction once, I can still fix it. If I pause or fast forward the video a second time then the only way of fixing this is by starting the movie/episode from scratch.

Several of you have fixed this by turning off the local subtitles, but I haven't found that option in the PMS nor in the PHT settings. Where is it? Thanks.

Edited later: OK, I got to this thread using the search and I didn't noticed it's in the Android section of the forum. Anyway, it could be a non only Android issue...

• shasafshasaf Posts: 1Members

I am experiencing the same issue with Neox7 (android). Has there been any progress on this issue?

• ChillyHellionChillyHellion Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue on my Nexus 10