Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] MythTV plug-in

1141516171820»

Comments

• sfatulasfatula Members Posts: 139 ✭✭

The only thing I changed was line 739, which I changed to:

def RecordingInfo(chanId, startTime, seriesInetRef = None, checkFiles = 0, includeBandwidths = 0):

I restarted Plex, and, it plays fine. Got no other errors.

Steve
    2014iMac, 24GB, 3.2GHz, iPhone 5S, iPad Air 2, Roku 4, Apple TV 4, Playstation 3
    osCommerce, Zen Cart, HP3000 Consulting and Programming
  • samm2k10samm2k10 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I can confirm that following sfatula's advice above, I had success after modifying this one line and restarting the the media server.

• lvanheldenlvanhelden Members Posts: 54 ✭✭

Yep, made the change too and it now works.

• cythrault@gmail.comcythrault@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Gents,

Sorry to be thick but somehow I can't locate the file name in this thread to which the changes needs to be made. If it's init.py, I can't locate it. Nor can I locate any file with "RecordingInfo" in it under /usr/lib/plexmediaserver

Would someone kindly point me to the right file name and it's location? ;)

Cheers,
    cyth

It's the init.py file located in the MythRecording.bundle structure directory under "Contents/Code"

• cythrault@gmail.comcythrault@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass
    edited March 21

Thanks!

Found it under:

/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/MythRecordings.bundle/Contents/Code

Could not find it because it's named: init.py (ah! the forum editor interprets the underscores as a text modifier and converts the text to bold. :)

So, here's the file name:

__init__.py

I modified line 739 as instructed and I confirm that recordings are playing against PlexServer 1.5.0.3501 (Plex Pass.)

Thanks all! :)

• gwaligorskigwaligorski Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I got the plug in to work but I couldn't play any of my recordings. I have found with MythTV that I if I use the mythlink.pl command then I can get all of my data into Plex under the TV Shows options. Then I use the MythWeb to delete my recordings getting rid of the MythFrontend almost entirely.

/mythlink.pl --link /TV\ Shows --format %T/%T\ -\ %oY.%om.%od\ -\ %S

I was doing something similar. But the mythlink.pl script seeded the idea for a mythtv userjob to "Plexify" my MythTV recordings. Now when MythTV is finished recording, it runs a user job (bash script) that transcodes the recorded file to an mp4 file, renames it to a filename/directory that Plex can read and deletes the original recording. The user job retrieves the name, season and episode for the new file from the mythconverg database. The compressed/transcoded mp4 file also uses much less storage than the original file (.ts format), allowing for more recordings on my storage device. Deleting the transcoded recording can be done using the Plex app on my Roku. So now I only use MythWeb to schedule recordings.

If I was more versed in Plex plugin programming I would try to build more of the Mythweb functionality into the Plex MythTV plugin, but I have been unable to find documentation on Plex plugin programming at a level that I understand. I have failed to find a reference guide, toolkit or SDK that help me on my way.