Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Simplex by inbox

inboxinbox Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
edited February 2014 in Simplex

hey there, I've been working on an update of my favorite theme (Simplex Energized) for personal use. I am not a coder or designer so it took me a few weeks of patience and dedication.

I wanted to put emphasis on Movies and TV shows sections prioritizing simplicity and clarity in lists views, fantart views, media icons and OSD´s with a few changes including the typography to Helvetica Neue and a "flat" design.

I would like to share with you. Hope you like it!

PMC version can be download it here

best regards!

Notes:

PMC/PHT 

(update 09.12.2013)

It is tested on PMC although it seems to be ok on PHT with the recommended skin mods. Anyway (in this moment) i don´t know if it is stable on PHT over time cause i use PMC now.

Recommended skin mods
(update 09.12.2013)

- Hide alternative Home Page: check

- Hide MPAA /Content rating overlay: check

- Hide Extra show/movie details: uncheck

- Hide Episode totals overlay: uncheck

- Hide text ratings on movie list: check

- Hide Media Flags in info area: uncheck

- Hide Help: anyway

- Hide OnDeck Info: uncheck

Screenshots

qDmdwKA.jpg

rSGQExN.jpg

2M0dChr.jpg

LfzEqOb.jpg

QHFko2U.jpg

g7NUAM7.jpg

crMgev4.jpg

Alternative videoOSD screen

(update 09.12.2013)

How to:

1. go to your skin directory “skin.simplex.energized”.

2. go to "720p" folder inside “skin.simplex.energized”.

3. backup the existing "VideoOSD.xml" file.

4. replace and overwrite this file with VideoOSD.xml located in the folder "mod videoOSD" (downloaded from github).

5. start Plex and enjoy!

6. If you do not like it, repeat the steps with the "VideoOSD.xml" backup file.

x42cmg.jpg

Comments

• SaschaSascha Members Posts: 45
    edited December 2013

OMG, that's awesome! Does it work with PHT or only with PMC?

• inboxinbox Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    DJ Sascha wrote on December 8 2013, 8:54 PM: »

It is tested on PMC although it seems to be ok on PHT with the recommended skins mods (just update today). Anyway i don´t know if it is stable on PHT along time cause i use PMC now.

Thanks for you comment!

edited December 2013
    DJ Sascha wrote on December 8 2013, 8:54 PM: »

I will try to work in a PHT version at least to fix some details.

edit: The audio via HDMI is not working in my PHT version so i will stay in PMC. Sorry.  :mellow: Hope enjoy this version.

edited December 2013

i am finishing a new Simplex version for PHT.

i hope to upload it in the next days.

• xxfury2xxxxfury2xx Members, Plex Pass Posts: 18 Plex Pass

I get a 404 error message when I try and download this. Could you please fix the link? I really want to try this skin out. Thank you.

xxfury2xx wrote on February 16 2014, 12:24 AM: »

I get a 404 error message when I try and download this. Could you please fix the link? I really want to try this skin out. Thank you.

Fixed. Thanks for your comment.

• xxfury2xxxxfury2xx Members, Plex Pass Posts: 18 Plex Pass

Thanks for fixing the link. I'll give the skin a whirl. :)

• bigserverbigserver Members, Plex Pass Posts: 16 Plex Pass

Would this be easy enough to transfer over to a Rasberry Pi install?

• dlanordlanor Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,213 Plex Pass
    whiteboy01 wrote on July 8 2014, 1:06 AM: »

Would this be easy enough to transfer over to a Rasberry Pi install?

The PMC skin version posted in this thread is not suitable for use with a modern RasPlex port of PHT.
    You should also avoid the old " Simplex.e for Plex Home Theater by inbox" since that version has not been updated since May, and there have been some skin-breaking changes to PHT since then. You can always try it, but the odds are not so good.

I recommend that you try the PHT version of the skin as posted in the thread "[RELEASE] Simplex Energized".
    There you will find a link to the github project page of that skin, where you can download it in a ZIP archive.

Note that the current release archive contains some duplicate files, which may cause an error message during the unpacking. If/when that happens you should confirm that you want the second duplicate of each such pair to overwrite the first file. In WinRAR there is a simple "Yes for all" button that fixes this for all duplicates.

To use the skin with RasPlex you need to transfer the unpacked skin folder into the RasPlex folder "/storage/.plexht/addons/".

That can be done by various methods, but personally I prefer to use SMB, so I can just drag-drop stuff from my Win7 PC to the shared folders of the RPi, as opened in a separate 'Windows Explorer' window. (Just open a folder window and edit the path string to your RPi IP address preceded by two backslashes. Like "\\192.168.10.120" if your RPi IP happens to be "192.168.10.120, for example. (This assumes that you've already enabled the SMB server in the RasPlex "System Settings" menu.)

But access to the folder for addon PHT skins requires first creating a proper "samba.conf" file in the already existing fileshare folder "Configfiles" and adding another fileshare definition into it. This is easier than it seems as you can start by copying the "samba.conf.sample" file in that folder and rename the new copy simply as "samba.conf". This already contains all the original fileshares. And then you just add a text block at the bottom of that text file, containing something like the following example:
    [-_storage_plexht]
      path = /storage/.plexht
      available = yes
      browsable = yes
      public = yes
      writable = yes
      root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.plexht
    After saving the changed "samba.conf" file you should close the folder window to the RPi, and then use the RasPlex GUI to first disable and then enable it again. This causes the server to activate the fileshares of the newly modified "samba.conf".

You can then open a new folder window to the RasPlex IP and should now find the fileshare "-_storage_plexht" at the top of the list.
    So browse into that fileshare and further into its subfolder "addons", to which you can drag-drop the simplex skin folder.

Once the transfer is complete you don't need the SMB connection, so you can disable the SMB server again until the next time you want to add something to your RasPlex setup.

Added skins are available for activation in the RasPlex submenu 'Preferences > Appearance > Advanced > Skin', as with PC PHT.

Best regards: dlanor