In reference to... https://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/72129-new-hack-running-the-plexconnect-python-script-on-your-jailbroken-atv2/?hl=%2Bnew+%2Bhack
Here is the thing:
With the support for the native client seemingly ceased and our improvements in running PlexConnect all over the world (OSX, Win, Linux,... directly or as daemon...) I took another look into "installing" PlexConnect on my aTV2.
Reusing most of the OSX launchctl stuff I was finally able to make it - it stays there, even after a reboot. No ssh and stuff required. :-D
There still are some rough edges that need work...
a.) Still hijacking Trailers. Though we should be able to add a nice new icon.
-> ExtraInternetCategories.plist, bag.plist,... wahlman, jdilinger?
b.) With the OSX plist, launchctl dies at startup, when spawning the WebServer secondary processes
-> sys.stdout.flush() doesn't work as stdout is - aeh - nothing?
Is this a limitation of iOS (5.2.x)? Or python 2.7.3 - nothing newer available?
Any iOS developers around with background information?
Currently I got it fixed with adding
to the plist... but then it creates those two files... :-(
c.) there must have been a third issue, but I forgot...
source files attached, unzip and add to latest PlexConnect/support/iOS (aTV jailbreak)
- SFTP into aTV and copy the complete directory to /Application/PlexConnect. Or somewhere else, whatever you prefer
- SFTP PlexConnect/support/iOS*/Settings.cfg to PlexConnect/Settings.cfg, overwriting the later if already there. We need some settings changed, like disabling the DNSServer.
- add PlexConnect/support/iOS*/hosts_addon_PlexConnect to /etc/hosts
- option: add PlexConnect/support/iOS*/hosts_addon_preventATVUpdate as well
- SSH into aTV, "cd /Application/PlexConnect", run "./support/iOS*/install.bash"
- check with "ps -ef". You should find 3 Phyton/PlexConnect related processes
- check with "launchctl list | grep .plexconnect.". You should get "<PID> - com.plex.plexconnect.bach.plist"
Just hit the Trailers app!