If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Feature Request] Lock screen playback controls on iOS

lenaxialenaxia Posts: 446Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
If you download the Google Play app and cast to Chromecast, then lock your iPhone, playback controls are displayed on the lock screen in addition to the album art.

I'm not sure how much work it'd be but, would be nice to be able to do that with plex.
Media Server: 14TB RAID6 Synology RS2416+ | Windows 10 Pro under Hyper-V | Intel i7-3770S | 32GB DDR3
Playback Devices: Surface Pro | Nokia Lumia 950 | Xbox One | ChromeCast | 2x HTPC
Plex for Windows Logs | PMS for Windows Logs | Media Naming Guide | Generating Sample Media

Comments

• Chris CChris C Posts: 7,632Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

That would definitely be cool (not just for Chromecast, but when remoting to other apps, too).  I'll pass the idea along!

Need help? Having trouble?
    » Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
    » Attach Log Files when reporting issues // See how to attach files in the forums
    » Name and Organize your content correctly for the best results

(no private messages for support unless I requested, please)

• lenaxialenaxia Posts: 446Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thanks Chris!
    Media Server: 14TB RAID6 Synology RS2416+ | Windows 10 Pro under Hyper-V | Intel i7-3770S | 32GB DDR3
    Playback Devices: Surface Pro | Nokia Lumia 950 | Xbox One | ChromeCast | 2x HTPC
    Plex for Windows Logs | PMS for Windows Logs | Media Naming Guide | Generating Sample Media
  • kdub454kdub454 Posts: 87Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Anything that eliminates an extra step is good in my book. +1
  • thinktwothinktwo Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any info from Plex regarding this? Is it possible to implement?

• SkycryerSkycryer Posts: 331Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Controlling the plex app from lock screen would be great. Would be sometimes easier to pause or skip music or movie casting to plex app on tv, raspberry or whatever.

My Plex Server
    Local Storage: 36TBs
    Server: CORE I5-6500 3.20Ghz - 16GB DDR3 Ram - 1333Mhz
    Network: Gigabit running through Speedport Router | Internet at 100Mbps/40Mbps 

Media Devices
    Raspberry Pi2 (1), iPad (1), iPhone (1), MacBook (1), LG TV (1), Apple TV PlexConnect (1), Chromecast (1), Fire TV Stick (1)

My Plex Scripts
    plexMediaIndexFile (php/mysql backup script for Media Index Files)
    LocalBifFiles (Plex Scanner for local Media Index Files)

• glukkiglukki Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Playback controls on lockscreen while casting to chromecast — yes, please!

• mberube09mberube09 Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Is this possible? Would allow also my Plex app to not lose sync with the Chromecast

• dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd love to have this feature actually work!
    It would probably also help to keep the Chromecast from disconnecting with the app so frequently.
    I'm not sure if it would explicitly hello but it seems the support for it is getting easier to implement. Set some run in background flags and play an empty audio file while casting.
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38897611/how-to-keep-gckcastsession-alive-when-app-goes-to-background