Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for Windows Phone v1.4 doesn't play more than one music track

dnaniandnanian Members, Plex Pass Posts: 24 Plex Pass

Folks --

The latest 1.4 release of Plex for Windows Phone seems to be broken.

I'm using the latest server release on a Synology NAS. When I pick an album and play the first track, the track plays and the list of 'queued up' songs appears below the playback bar. Tapping on those songs does not expand to show you the full list (which may not be implemented, but is what happens with the default music player).

But the important thing is what happens after the track plays. Basically, that's it - it never goes to the next track.

And if you tap "next track", the song either just repeats, or you go into pause and nothing happens.

Tapping "Play" at that part often crashes the player (I sent in the crash log).

Any idea what's going on?

I'm using a Lumia 1020 with GDR3. It also happens with a Lumia 925.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

--Dave

Comments

• jdbrookesjdbrookes Members, Plex Pass Posts: 447 Plex Pass

The Plex WP app is due a big update soon which presumably will fix this bug.

However a user posted a temporary workaround in the Windows Phone subforum. When you start playing a song and the Now Playing screen comes up, back out a page. Plex will move to the next track as expected when a song ends. Just don't go back into the Now Playing screen when a track is ending or it will end there!