If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What happened to the plex for windows phone 7

mcrommertmcrommert Posts: 457Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So when the new windows phone 8 app went up...the windows phone 7 app dissapeared.  My brother is using one of my older windows phone 7 apps and he can no longer download the app.  Any way to put it back up?

PMS: Windows 10 1703 - ASROCK H77 - 28tb pool Stablebit Drivepool & 10tb Google Drive Stablebit Clouddrive
Main: Kodi (Current Version) with Plex Addon - Bedroom: Roku 3

Also: Chromecast, iPad Mini +, 2x Android Moto G4, OnePlus Three

7Db19DZ.png mcrommert

Comments

• xangetzuxangetzu Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would also like to know the answer to this.  I tried to reinstall it due to an issue with my windows 7 phone, and now no longer see it in the store...

• mcrommertmcrommert Posts: 457Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Okay looks like they hid the app for some reason i'm not getting.  xangetzu you can open this link on your phone or your browser and it will install the app.  Cheers!  http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/plex/5bfafc1b-c9f4-4e85-b89f-3947d650c382

PMS: Windows 10 1703 - ASROCK H77 - 28tb pool Stablebit Drivepool & 10tb Google Drive Stablebit Clouddrive

7Db19DZ.png mcrommert
  • jaycedkjaycedk Posts: 103Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You can still finde it, in "App Highlights" just search for plex :D

• merrickwmerrickw Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Just tried to re-add the app on WP7 and it says "Your version of the Windows Phone software is not supported by this application."

The app was previously installed and running;  I had to do a software restore to fix other problems, and now I can't add back the Plex app ($4.99 already paid).

Was support for WP7 removed?

• dspencer12345dspencer12345 Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does anyone have an answer to this? I have a Nokia 510 on WP7.8 and really want to use Plex on it.

Am loving Plex, but am disappointed I can't download it for my phone when it has been available previously.

• mcrommertmcrommert Posts: 457Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would contact elan directly through twitter...i think it may have been a mistake that let to it being unpublished.

7Db19DZ.png mcrommert