[Release] elCinema Metadata agent
I have developed a metadata agent that manages Arabic movies/theater. This metadata agent will retrieve the metadata available on elCinema, which is the biggest online Arabic movie database. Since elCinema has no public API, I have taken advantage of the HTML parsing, so take into consideration that this could lead to higher data transfer.
Below are current adjustable settings:
- The ability to get output information in logs - This is for debugging purposes. Defualt: Off.
- Include theatre media in search result. - It´s not possible to determine if the media is a movie or theatre, and that many arabic theatre has the same name as the movie. There is no alternative but to give the user the ability to filter out the results. Defualt: Off.
- Include the English working title with the Arabic, if it exists - If enabled, The English work title will be included in the media-title in Plex. It will have the format 'arabic-title (english-title)'. Defualt: On.
- The ability to translate arabizi to arabic. - Most of the arabic movies is named with arabizi(arabic in latin-script, e.g. '7abibi' or 'habibi' will be converted to 'حبيبي'), this will provide much better search results. Take into consideration that this could also provide poor results if the naming is not done with Arabizi. This functionality will not manipulate names given with Arabic characters, only latin charecters. (Note. This mechanism is available through Yamil and is available in a seperat class and file). Defualt: On.
- Choose to retrieve metadata in Arabic or English By setting the agent as the default agent for a library, you have the possibility to choose between retrieving metadata either in Arabic or English. It is also possible to choose a language when you issue a search manually.
- Unzip the downloaded ZIP file(link bellow).
- Rename the unzipped folder from 'Elcinema.bundle-master' to 'Elcinema.bundle'
- Move 'Elcinema.bundle' to your Plex plugins folder
- Linux: /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
- Mac: /Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
- Windows: *disk*:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins
- Restart Plex Media Server
# Download: here
# Github repo: here