If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

HD Trailers

derickderick Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Everyone! It's my 'help world' in starting a new topic.  

Just wanted to know if there was a way to use high res trailers (720p like in apple trailers) in PlexConnect.  The current implementation is great, and using HD trailers would make it even better.

Comments

• UnsolubleUnsoluble Posts: 556Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yep, hijack the iMovie Theatre app instead of Trailers. :)

• m.abrahamsm.abrahams Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i think he mean the trailers option when browsing your movie library.. I'd like this option to.

• tomer1749tomer1749 Posts: 853Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    m.abrahams wrote on January 25 2014, 6:38 PM: »

i think he mean the trailers option when browsing your movie library.. I'd like this option to.

It's already there

SmileyHoldingIsraelFlag.gif
    iMac 2011 with PMS&XBMC with PleXBMC, PleXBMC Helper and Amber.
    Hackintosh with PMS & PlexConnect
    iPad 3 white with Plex.
    iPhone 5 black with Plex.
    2 Apple TV 3 with PlexConnect.

all-thin-fanart@2x.jpg

• m.abrahamsm.abrahams Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

yeah its there but the trailers only play in sd, he's looking for an option to make it play an hd version.

• tomer1749tomer1749 Posts: 853Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Unsoluble wrote on January 24 2014, 2:50 AM: »

Yep, hijack the iMovie Theatre app instead of Trailers. :)

What does it have to do with trailers resolution??

SmileyHoldingIsraelFlag.gif
    iMac 2011 with PMS&XBMC with PleXBMC, PleXBMC Helper and Amber.
    Hackintosh with PMS & PlexConnect
    iPad 3 white with Plex.
    iPhone 5 black with Plex.
    2 Apple TV 3 with PlexConnect.

all-thin-fanart@2x.jpg

• UnsolubleUnsoluble Posts: 556Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2014

My reply was mostly cheeky, but also I didn't realize that @dericksantillan was (probably) referring to the Trailer button on the pre-play screen. I've never used it, so forgot it was there; thought he was using a Channel or something.

If the trailer pulled by the PlexConnect pre-play screen is indeed not high-def, then that's definitely worth looking into.

• f00b4rf00b4r Posts: 2,885Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2014
    It was actually code contributed by a user, last I heard he was going to look at language support but that was a couple of months ago I think. The Plex guys keep saying this is on their radar for PMS (really where the code should sit) but they have been saying this for a long time.
    I wonder if the original dev contributed is interested in picking this up or indeed avoided HD because there were issues with the search code.
    It is a very cool feature :)

Plex @ aTV - think different: PlexConnect

-> the missing link between Plex Media Server and your AppleTV - 2 or 3, jailbroken or not.

Wiki: click here

How to report an issue: click here

Github (download the app): click here

Donations (Paypal): [US-$], [EUR]

• DivvyDivvy Posts: 60Members ✭✭
    I agree! Having HD trailers available on plex will be great!!! :D
  • ULTRA77ULTRA77 Posts: 22Members ✭✭

Is there any update to getting this HD trailer feature? Some of the SD trailers are pretty poor quality.

• wahlman.jwahlman.j Posts: 2,564Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OSX apps : OpenPlex // UAS installer OpenPlex by Wahlman.j (Source Code), CyberGhost84 (GUI) & Flipman6 (Obj-C)

iOS Firmware links: Firmware // Firmware Limits OpenPlex app or assistance. Donations appreciated US-$ // EUR

Click my username and message me if you need Teamviewergif <----Install this for assistance.

(1) Locally owned PMS Mac 10.9.5 i7-4770k haswell 32gb 1866 ddr3 with e-sata rocket raid 2302 Raid-5 set of (4) 5TB HD (15TB usable) in a 10-bay DAGE1040BL (2) Jailbroken aTV2's on iOS 5.3 (6.1.4) (portable PlexConnect host's) (9) aTV3's on mixed iOS (1) iPad 3, (1) iPad mini 2 retina, (4) iPhone 4s, all jailbroken on 8.1.1 all running latest official Plex for iOS & PlexConnect for iOS. Airbubble.apk (265 initial buffer frames) for android devices or airfloat for iOS devices to airplay aTV audio to Sol Republic Tracks HD V10.

• ULTRA77ULTRA77 Posts: 22Members ✭✭

Great this looks to be exactly what I am looking for. >:D<

Why would this feature not have been added to the latest dev-110616?

I am not an advanced user but would really like to have use of this feature, any chance of a link or tip on how to install this code?

• wahlman.jwahlman.j Posts: 2,564Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Installation

git clone https://github.com/wahlmanj3/PlexConnect.git

Updating

cd PlexConnect
    git pull

OSX apps : OpenPlex // UAS installer OpenPlex by Wahlman.j (Source Code), CyberGhost84 (GUI) & Flipman6 (Obj-C)

iOS Firmware links: Firmware // Firmware Limits OpenPlex app or assistance. Donations appreciated US-$ // EUR

Click my username and message me if you need Teamviewergif <----Install this for assistance.

(1) Locally owned PMS Mac 10.9.5 i7-4770k haswell 32gb 1866 ddr3 with e-sata rocket raid 2302 Raid-5 set of (4) 5TB HD (15TB usable) in a 10-bay DAGE1040BL (2) Jailbroken aTV2's on iOS 5.3 (6.1.4) (portable PlexConnect host's) (9) aTV3's on mixed iOS (1) iPad 3, (1) iPad mini 2 retina, (4) iPhone 4s, all jailbroken on 8.1.1 all running latest official Plex for iOS & PlexConnect for iOS. Airbubble.apk (265 initial buffer frames) for android devices or airfloat for iOS devices to airplay aTV audio to Sol Republic Tracks HD V10.

• sssalesssale Posts: 1Members

why i cant find on my plex hd trailer channel just i tunes trailer