Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feature Request - If This Then That

polardude1983polardude1983 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 82 Plex Pass

As a PlexPass user I would love to have a Plex channel in IFTTT.com. Think about all the possibilities it could have

like dimming/turning off the lights when starting a movie and then turning them back on when the movie stops or possibly even pauses?

all-banner.jpg

Tagged:

Comments

• Nicode70Nicode70 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 132 Plex Pass
    I second that request! Would be awesome.

PMS: Mac mini (mid 2011) , core i3 @2,3GHz, RAM 8Go, 128go SSD and 2To HDD,

now fully working with Sickrage

AppleTV 4 - iOS Devices - Lifetime Plex Pass Subscriber

• dringgerdringger Members, Plex Pass Posts: 24 Plex Pass

+1

This feature would be killer!

• telecarttelecart Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Post "now watching %video title%" to twitter/fb, or document your viewing habits in a google spreadsheet... 

Yeah, this could be cool.

• te5s3raktte5s3rakt Members, Plex Pass Posts: 138 Plex Pass

this would be awesome... especially the dimming lights on and off with movie play/pause...

Facebook checkin's based on location and movie could be cool too... i.e. "Name is watching Star Trek at home"...

Perhaps database analysis could be integrated too, such as "If TV Shows in library is missing new episodes email/tweet/post/whatever missing episodes"

• ackillesackilles Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Like everyone else I would love this!

• dane22dane22 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 10,088 Plex Ninja

Wrong forum....This is a dev forum.

Go here instead:

https://forums.plex.tv/forum/41-plex-channels/

/T

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• Sam86Sam86 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

Dane22 no, this isn't a channel for media but a new feature.

Also bump

• welchcewelchce Members Posts: 2

you could also use IFTTT to try to cast to your TV with Google Home etc

• kjetilhansenkjetilhansen Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

I would also love if this could happen :smile:

• LourencoRsilvaLourencoRsilva Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Have you guys ever heard an opinion from the staff about this?
    This has so much potential for so many things.
    I'm not quite sure how the application process works for IFTTT but from what I've read seems pretty easy

• gabo77gabo77 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 56 Plex Pass

Haven't played with it yet, but it should be fairly easy to implement using webhooks :

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/115002267687-Webhooks
    https://ifttt.com/maker_webhooks

• SiscoPlexSiscoPlex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 785 Plex Pass

@polardude1983 said:
    As a PlexPass user I would love to have a Plex channel in IFTTT.com. Think about all the possibilities it could have

like dimming/turning off the lights when starting a movie and then turning them back on when the movie stops or possibly even pauses?

I already achieved this functionality with my Amazon Dot, Samsung SmartThings Hub and a harmony hub.

If I tell harmony to pause.... it pauses the movie and brings the lights up to a specified level, opens the theater curtains that lead to my step up kitchen, and turns on my stove light.

Tell harmony to play movie after I have my popcorn and drinks...... lights turn back off, curtain closes and playback resumes.

Tell harmony to stop and all lights return to previously set values.

All Movie apps act in the same manner ie: HBO, Netflix, Amazon Video.

Each activity on my harmony has its own presets for lighting. (plex is one of my activities) along with HBO, Netflix, Pandora, Hulu, YouTube, FuboTv, Stereo etc.

Tell Alexa to turn on "Good Morning" and my TV turns on to specific channel, lights turn on to 5% for me to get up and make coffe.

Tell Alexa to turn on "Good Night" or "Goodbye" and everything turns off.... (Tv, FireTV, AV Receiver, All lights in house, garage door closes if open, all doors lock and temp changes to away\sleep mode)

I even have a cheap Tab set up with touch tiles (smarttiles) to control everything in the same manner for when my parents are visiting. (ease of use.... no need to learn the Alexa commands) want to turn on HBO.... touch the HBO Tile

• SiscoPlexSiscoPlex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 785 Plex Pass

So.... no need for IFTTT for me at least (IFTTT is too slow in my opinion) which is something I can utilize with my smartthings hub, I just don't because of the 2-3 second delay.

• mbze430mbze430 Members Posts: 121 ✭✭

please give my IFTTT!!!