Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

WoL Magic Packet sender?!

jms_ukjms_uk Posts: 113 Plex Pass

Loving Serenity, and posted this in the official Android Plex forum but thought it wouldn't hurt to request it here.. :)

I know this is an often requested feature (more from the PMS side I guess).. but here's a spin on it that may not have been asked for..   :)

Why not build a simple WoL magic packet sender into Serenity?  Given that people if people do want to wake up their plex servers from sleep, they'll

probably do all the power management configuration on the Server O/S side itself.. it's waking the thing up that could be a simpler process

i.e. it is a pain (albeit a smallish one) to have to dive into a separate app to send a WoL packet and then back into Serenity..

Would be cool to have a simple configurable feature to send a magic packet on start up for example... or a menu item

for manual packet sending on demand

whaddyathink?    :D

Comments