Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Request] Auto Delete Watched Media

apoapostolovapoapostolov Members, Plex Pass Posts: 68 Plex Pass

Is it possible to develop a Plex Media Server service that auto-deletes just watched (over X%) media files and associated files bearing same name (subtitles, including subtitles with country code pre-extension ie. file.en.srt)?

This is the only reason why I still use XBMC and not fully Plex - I miss the After Watch plugin that removes watched media from my PC. I download through SickBeard and CouchPotato a huge stream of media, and my hard drive fills up pretty easily, so I love to be able to automate removal of unneeded content. This is sorely missing on Plex side right now. 

Comments

• jkallandjkalland Members, Plex Pass Posts: 520 Plex Pass

While I don't need to delete the files, I second the vote for a configurable (at what % it triggers), and what to do (delete, trigger something else (maybe extendable, so you can auto-update trak.tv or something), etc.)

• willyb1willyb1 Members Posts: 1

Auto Delete request here as well.

• pentafivepentafive Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Same here

• SnivesSnives Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass

Auto archiving maybe, I don't think I'd personally use auto delete ever (pretty easy to add more space to my network). Recode to a user defined max quality setting after viewing. I tend to not rewatch content often, but I do like to keep it on hand just in case.

• JimRPhJimRPh Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I would like this feature.

• CarlitoGilCarlitoGil Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I'd like to request this, too.
    Delete watched media after X amount of time.
    Could be after a day, week, month or year.

• rippelhansrippelhans Members, Plex Pass Posts: 117 Plex Pass

Auto Delete + delete after xDAYS after it has been watched

• Old-TOld-T Members, Plex Pass Posts: 138 Plex Pass
    edited May 2016

I'm running this:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/84822/plex-auto-delete-script/p1
    (I'm a bit chicken so instead of deleting the media I move it to a delete folder where I check that the "deleted" files really should be deleted...)

You can find it here:
    https://github.com/ngovil21/Plex-Cleaner

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 20,471 Plex Ninja

Each tv show (from Plex Server 1.4.x on) has now this in its properties: