If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Change plex Audio output using Alexa

GordonWorswickGordonWorswick Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So I'm thinking of buying an echo dot but i have a quick question

I have a Nas box with Plex server on it connected to my Mac that i'm using as the plex client which pushes to my samsung TV

I know if I tell Alexa to play music or a movie on my mac plex client she will play it on my tv if i have it turned on BUT I also have speakers set up with my mac so I can play music without the TV being on, currently i just change the audio output setting on the Plex client on my mac to the speakers and it works.

So my question is when i have Alexa can I ask her to change the audio setting on my mac plex client to the speakers and ask her to change back to the TV when i have the TV turned on?

Cheers

Best Answer

Answers