QNAP TVS-1282T3 Help with Initial Setup
I've been using Plex for years and I love it.
I've recently gone from using a Synology DS1813+ 8x3TB to a now far more powerful QNAP TVS-1282T3-i7-32G with a Core-I7
I know this may not be the ideal place to ask this but I've found the QNAP forum to be full of people trying to lead others in bad directions...
I'm currently at work but my 1282T3 was just delivered to my house. The device will be used as:
1) A Download station
2) A Plex Server for family and friends
3) Local Media Playback
I plan on getting:
8x Seagate IronWolf Pro 10TB drives
4x Unsure which SSDs offer the best Size/Speed/Price Ratio
2x Unsure which M.2s offer the best Size/Speed/Price Ratio
I didn't know much when I got my Synology and now I'm trying to learn more.
1) What are LUNs and iSCSI? Is this something that I want for a Media Server?
2) What is best, 1 or multiple volumes?
3) What are THICK and THIN volumes?
4) What are Storage Pools/QTier? Is this something I want for a Media Server?
1) Does anyone have any recommendations on SSDs and M.2 drives?
2) The device comes with 32gb of Ram but can be upgraded to 64gb, would I get any benefits from PLEX?
Since I'm still learning I'm looking advice for the best possible setup for QNAP and Plex
Thank you very much everyone.