If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Day 114

missionspartamissionsparta Posts: 222Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Day 114. Stranded on the Windows UWP Plex App. We have been without food and water for sometime. Bugs everywhere. Sync issues. Will help ever arrive? Its looking doubtful. The camp tries to keep their mood up but are starting to show signs of fatigue. Pray for us. SOS.

Answers

• Just MarkJust Mark Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I abandoned this app months ago. Plex Media Player just works now in Windows since they have improved mouse support and put in web mode.

• missionspartamissionsparta Posts: 222Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Just Mark said:
    I abandoned this app months ago. Plex Media Player just works now in Windows since they have improved mouse support and put in web mode.

Sadly, no syncing though.

Day 116. Moral is completely gone. No signs of rescue anywhere. All attempts to flee the island result in app not remembering where you left off in a series, player issues with speed playback problems, unable to reopen the app after closing do to it still running in the background, and the worst is the inability to finish any syncing do to hangs and crashes. Tell our families we love them.

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 556Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I believe that our Windows Team Lead @pombeirp has quit.

Apart from single digit posts in April and May he stopped posting in this Forum on March 28th ... exectly the same time the last update got released (apart from the hotfix release in May)

@mike4001 said:
    I believe that our Windows Team Lead @pombeirp has quit.

Apart from single digit posts in April and May he stopped posting in this Forum on March 28th ... exectly the same time the last update got released (apart from the hotfix release in May)

Well even though they say all is well with Windows, it's not. In the time since the last Windows update, the Android version has had a hefty amount of updates. Many times on back to back days....and that app has far less glitches. Sad because Windows may not have as many users but it has quite a few and should be supported better....much better. Send food.

• foxprorawksfoxprorawks Posts: 75Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hmm... "all is well"...

I asked what I thought was a simple question 12 weeks ago - no response.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Almost rescued today. A ship passes the island and we waved and signaled SOS. In the end it was headed to the islands of iOS, Android, Roku, and any other slappy OS.

MEDIC!!!!!!!!!!!

• coryskiscoryskis Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I think she's dead Jim.. This app especially but Plex as a whole is no longer really relevant. I was a big proponent of Plex and helped establish over a hundred Plex homes most of which have since been abandoned because basic functions just never came. Every other media player I have used is capable of exporting or sharing playlists but that is a big hole in Plex. Using itunes my family can share playlists with every device in the house though with some I have to use a little helper like isyncr but it is possible and works well. Downloading from Netflix or just coping from a nas to a device is so much faster and more reliable on most platforms. I have been able to stream from my DVR for years, streaming is not what Plex is founded on anyway, it is for offline/local. Still have to have my phone and Surface because I can't sync playlists to windows if I can keep the app from crashing. It is not a one stop shop for media as advertised. Plex was one of the only ways I used to be able to have offline content. Those days are gone as many other services now provide sync function. With the lack of functioning basic features, requiring other devices or applications the end is near. This happens regularly in tech; think Blackberry anyone. The original to have email and other apps on your phone. Don't keep up with basic functions and others will come and pass you by. It has been a good ride but I feel it is time to start looking elsewhere. Hey Plex Media Player has the same limited functionality but a pretty new face!!!