If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Server Offline - Can't get it back online.

CaillerCountryCaillerCountry Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been dealing with an issue that must have started overnight. When I woke up, I could not login to the web app as it said my server did not allow secure connections...but there was no way to change it as I couldn't get in. My phone was letting me in and use Plex normally (within the network).

Now a bigger problem has risen, I opened Plex on the Shield and it set up a fresh PMS. This obviously has nothing on it, but it's letting me access it via the local host method on the address bar, but not through the web app. It's showing my original PMS as an option to choose but it just says "Offline," and selecting it does nothing except inform me it's offline. No idea how I'm supposed to get it back online. I'm very frustrated as everything worked roughly 20 hours ago. Really need some help. Thanks.

Answers

• ilbossilboss Posts: 18Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Have you tried installing the latest version of the plex server for plex pass users beta android shield tv?

So I was doing the old version of the plex server. With that beta seems to go much better.

• TobyMurrayTobyMurray Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi there, Just got a Shield pro 2017 and set up a fresh plex server. I'm getting exactly the same issues. Web says the server is unreachable, booted up my old server and thats working without fault. Just wondering if you managed to find a solution?

• brianf21brianf21 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here, if I try to go straight to the IP instead plex.tv to connect to the server, I am not able to authenticate.