If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Display / Sort "By Folder" First...

rz.m.kidsrz.m.kids Posts: 6Members ✭✭

Hey Everyone,

Quick question...

Is there any way to re-order the "Sort By" list such that I can have "By Folder" display on the top of the list?

OR...

Not display the other "Sort By" options such as Sort by Director / Sort by Actor / Sort by Year etc...

I really hope this isn't hard coded into Plex :(

Thanks in advance :)

Tagged:

Comments

• ikkokuikkoku Posts: 4Members

interested in learning how to do this too...

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 5,030Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

No, at this time there is no customization for those folders as they are currently hard coded into the server.

• ikkokuikkoku Posts: 4Members

that's a whole lot of scroling if I want to click on the sort by Folder

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 5,030Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    ikkoku wrote on June 14 2014, 4:09 AM: »

that's a whole lot of scroling if I want to click on the sort by Folder

Depends on your device, for me its only a left and up to get to it

• Simon WestSimon West Posts: 1Members
    How about an option to group/bucket by start letter... For example, I have a large media library, when browsing on my DNLA kitchen tv, I have a simple UI so it scroll, scroll, scroll. A paid if you're looking for Wombats! It would be great to have an option to enable bucketing by letter, so Artists then A, B, C, etc and then into the subset. This would reduce network traffic and minimise/simplify the database query and made selection much faster...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
  • SteveDinnSteveDinn Posts: 1Members

That's a real shame. My media was meticulously organized before I ever heard of Plex, and all I want to do is browse my media library by folder. I don't even really want a database of any kind or any periodic scanning. I just want Plex to serve up my shared media and leave everything else alone. Is this at all possible?

• aris95aris95 Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Hello is there any updates to this, is it possible to set sort first by folder for example in registry?