If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Use PMS as a video source in kodi

henrik.sjoholm82@gmail.comhenrik.sjoholm82@gmail.com Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi everyone!
I have a pretty vast video library in PMS, but also a lot of TV Series and the kids movies that I converted from bluray discs to to ISOs. I would really like to keep them as is, so my intention is to use the Plex media as just another source a long with the folders containing my converted ISO stuff (since ISO is a no-go for Plex). This way I can mix all my media.
I have experimented with "Plex for Kodi" and "PleXBMC", but it seems that they only come up as Plex apps that I need to enter (and lose the connection to my ISO-stuff).
UPnP does really work either...

Any ideas?

Answers

• Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Posts: 4,979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I think the add-on you want is "Pkex Kodi connect" or something like that. I have tried it and it works but I did not like it enough to use it for long. It will "import" your Plex library into Kodi so you can use the Kodi interface just like you had imported the movies directly into Kodi.

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.” Philip K. Dic*k (This STUPID forum software does not allow a perfectly valid last name, hence the unusual looking formating)

From a High School paper on Greek Philosophers:
    "Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people advice. They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock."

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,331Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

He won't be able to import the ISO's, since Plex doesn't support it.

And PlexKodiConnect will replace his local library, so he won't be able to have both Plex Media and local Kodi media side by side.