If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Using Plex HT or Open PlexHT on Hybrid Desk Station (HDMI) w/No Internet

BerkshireXLBerkshireXL Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have my QNAP TS-253A all set up. I purchased it to use in my RV, and access my media library through the HDMI Out. It work fine at home when I have internet access, but when I put it in the RV, I can't connect via Plex HT or Open Plex HT. I tried the fix from HowtoGeek.com (https://www.howtogeek.com/303282/how-to-use-plex-media-server-without-internet-access/) and with that I can access the media server using my phone through the wif, as the plex is plugged into a Ubiqutit airMaxx Router..

I also tried to enter the ip of the Qnap in the setting of the HT, but I think it is trying to authenticate my user and password via internet. Any way to bypass this ?

Also when I connect to the server on my laptop using the wifi, I can't load the Media Server Application I get the error that I am not connected to the internet.

Appreciate any assistance. Basically want to use Plex on my TV connected to the NAS Server via HDMI, and use the Home Theatre App i have installed on my Hybrid Desk Station, but have no access to internet.

Thanks

Best Answer

• BerkshireXLBerkshireXL Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Not sure why or how, but tried the setup in the RV, and Open Plex HT worked fine, even with no internet connection.

Answers

I should add that the kodi app works, as well as the other players that come with the Hybrid Desk Station. I just would prefer to use the Plex app only.

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 3,100Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Moved from qnap to OpenPHT forum.

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0483 + PMS 1.11.3.4803 + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me

Accepted Answer

Not sure why or how, but tried the setup in the RV, and Open Plex HT worked fine, even with no internet connection.