Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] HDHomeRun Viewer

Comments

• Jmanderson10Jmanderson10 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 41 Plex Pass
    I can tell you the favorites do work. I'm running PMS on Windows 7. Let me know if you need a second set of logs. And as I've said thank you so much.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  • zyninezynine Members, Plex Pass Posts: 617 Plex Pass
    Jmanderson10 wrote on March 24 2014, 10:25 PM: »

I can tell you the favorites do work. I'm running PMS on Windows 7. Let me know if you need a second set of logs. And as I've said thank you so much.

Are you running the HDHR PRIME?

Can you get me your channel lineup file @ http://[hdhr-ip]/lineup.xml

• TaskmasterTaskmaster Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

I'm running Windows 7 Professional. I tried adding some favorites in the HD Homerun Quick TV app but it didn't make a difference. Is that the right place to set up the favorites you are talking about?

Taskmaster wrote on March 25 2014, 3:58 AM: »

I'm running Windows 7 Professional. I tried adding some favorites in the HD Homerun Quick TV app but it didn't make a difference. Is that the right place to set up the favorites you are talking about?

Nope,

go to the homerun itself @ http://[homerun-ip]/lineup.html
    note that this time its a html page. From there, click on the stars to mark the channel as favorites.

Jmanderson10 wrote on March 24 2014, 10:25 PM: »

So the Favorite channel works on the Samsung Plex, but not the subscribed ? How many channels are listed in the subscribed section?

• Jmanderson10Jmanderson10 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 41 Plex Pass

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I am able to create a favorites list but they still run in to the same streaming problem.  Do you still want the favorites XML?

And yes I am running an HDHR Prime.

Jmanderson10 wrote on March 25 2014, 1:10 PM: »

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I am able to create a favorites list but they still run in to the same streaming problem.  Do you still want the favorites XML?

And yes I am running an HDHR Prime.

I was getting mixed up with the other person. LOL.. What TV model do you have?

edited March 2014
    v0.1 [sharedmedia=core:attachments:28161]

Another version with XMLTV support (zap2xml)

• lolentololento Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited March 2014

Getting "Program failed to load" from the new Program Info menu...

EDIT:  Also, cannot play any channels anymore, getting "Cannot load m3u8: 404 not found"

lolento wrote on March 26 2014, 5:28 AM: »

Getting "Program failed to load" from the new Program Info menu...

EDIT:  Also, cannot play any channels anymore, getting "Cannot load m3u8: 404 not found"

1. The Error: ProgramInfo is just for displaying that xmltv.xml is not found/properly setup. You'll need to setup your own zap2xml or mc2xml to get the xmltv.xml file

2. Take a look at your at your tuners to make sure they are not locked. @ http://[homerun-ip]/tuners.html
    zynine wrote on March 26 2014, 6:23 AM: »
    1. The Error: ProgramInfo is just for displaying that xmltv.xml is not found/properly setup. You'll need to setup your own zap2xml or mc2xml to get the xmltv.xml file

2. Take a look at your at your tuners to make sure they are not locked. @ http://[homerun-ip]/tuners.html

Thanks for the quick reply, the tuner issue is resolved.

But where should I place the xmltv.xml file?

lolento wrote on March 26 2014, 6:32 AM: »

Thanks for the quick reply, the tuner issue is resolved.

But where should I place the xmltv.xml file?

Default location would be Contents/Resources folder, but you can set the settings to point somewhere else like c:\somewhere\anyname.xml

I placed the xml file under the resources folder but now Im see the error 'the media folder responded with am error' when I enter the favorites or subscribed folder...

lolento wrote on March 26 2014, 7:15 AM: »

I placed the xml file under the resources folder but now Im see the error 'the media folder responded with am error' when I enter the favorites or subscribed folder...

Can you post the plugin log file?

Where do i find the log file?
    edited March 2014
    lolento wrote on March 26 2014, 7:25 AM: »

Where do i find the log file?

Windows 7:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Logs\PMS Plugin Logs\com.plexapp.plugins.zyhdhomerunviewer.log

edited March 2014
    lolento wrote on March 26 2014, 7:30 AM: »

attached

Issue is with the xmltv.xml file.

Can you attach that?

zynine wrote on March 26 2014, 7:49 AM: »

Issue is with the xmltv.xml file.

Can you attach that?

I can't, that file is 160mb.  I used mc2xml because I have WMC already.  Is there a specific section that you want to look at?

edited March 2014
    lolento wrote on March 26 2014, 5:01 PM: »

I can't, that file is 160mb.  I used mc2xml because I have WMC already.  Is there a specific section that you want to look at?

160MB, that's too big for the plugin to handle. You can increase the file size limit in the code, but 160MB of data takes too long to process and script will likely timeout.

for mc2xml remember to configure just for the channels you need, unless you have every channel. If you have every channel, use schedules direct with mc2xml or zap2it and get data for maybe every 1-2 days.

The smaller xmltv file, the faster the plugin works.