If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] HDHomeRun Viewer

Comments

• lolentololento Posts: 36Members ✭✭
    zynine wrote on March 26 2014, 5:30 PM: »

160MB, that's too big for the plugin to handle. You can increase the file size limit in the code, but 160MB of data takes too long to process and script will likely timeout.

for mc2xml remember to configure just for the channels you need, unless you have every channel. If you have every channel, use schedules direct with mc2xml or zap2it and get data for maybe every 1-2 days.

The smaller xmltv file, the faster the plugin works.

Ok, thanks.  Let me check if I can decrease the file size tonight.  Will report back.

lolento wrote on March 26 2014, 7:38 PM: »

Ok, thanks.  Let me check if I can decrease the file size tonight.  Will report back.

Just want to report back that switching the epg scrapper to zap2xml works!!  (I tried only pulling the guide data from mc2xml to 2 days resulting in a 16mb file, that still didn't work)

• zyninezynine Posts: 627Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    lolento wrote on March 27 2014, 12:39 AM: »

Just want to report back that switching the epg scrapper to zap2xml works!!  (I tried only pulling the guide data from mc2xml to 2 days resulting in a 16mb file, that still didn't work)

Code is still a little buggy, probably that is why i failed with mc2xml, but currently zap2xml works better for this code. The only issue is standardization of EPG info. Both will give slightly different information, so it is a little challenging to accommodate both. I'm still looking to see what kind of tv guide format will work better, looking to see if I should put the guide itself as another layer of submenu.

PMS: i5-3570K + Windows 10 | Clients: Android, ChromeCast, FireTV, iOS, Roku, Web.
    HDHR Viewer V2 (HDHomeRun Viewer) HDHomeRun + Plex
    HDHR Viewer V2 Deinterlace profiles and Android fix Deinterlace for HDHR Viewer V2
    Enable Markdown support in old forum post

Thanks for your excellent work.  This plugin with Plex + Chromecast almost made my Media Center system obsolete (no replacement for recording programs yet).

I do have a couple of annoyances maybe you can look into for the future?

- On the Android app, the text for the epg is on the same line as the channel name and the text size is quite large so in almost 100% of the cases, I can only see the beginning of the program name.  Is it possible to format it so that the program name is on the second line?

- Can you make the channel icon naming scheme more flexible?  Maybe just the channel number or maybe follow the MyChannelLogo convention?

lolento wrote on March 27 2014, 1:49 AM: »

Thanks for your excellent work.  This plugin with Plex + Chromecast almost made my Media Center system obsolete (no replacement for recording programs yet).

I do have a couple of annoyances maybe you can look into for the future?

- On the Android app, the text for the epg is on the same line as the channel name and the text size is quite large so in almost 100% of the cases, I can only see the beginning of the program name.  Is it possible to format it so that the program name is on the second line?

- Can you make the channel icon naming scheme more flexible?  Maybe just the channel number or maybe follow the MyChannelLogo convention?

Android app: It is hard to accommodate all clients because each will show the details differently. I'll see what I can do. I'm currently testing a 3rd layer submenu, but not too sure if everyone will like it. Takes an extra step to play the video.

Icon naming: It is possible to change the naming convention, channel number is easy, but I will need help with MyChannelLogo convention. Can you give me some samples for the MyChannelLogo convention?

PMS: i5-3570K + Windows 10 | Clients: Android, ChromeCast, FireTV, iOS, Roku, Web.
    HDHR Viewer V2 Deinterlace profiles and Android fix Deinterlace for HDHR Viewer V2

edited March 2014

Attached are the logos that are downloaded by MyChannellogos.

If this is too hard, look like Zap2xml has an icon download function, is it possible to work with that?

• abuttinoabuttino Posts: 238Members ✭✭
    Dude, you really shouldn't distribute his logos. I believe in the EULA for MyChannelLogos it asks that you not distribute them. Besides, they are the wrong size for this plugin anyway

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    lolento wrote on March 27 2014, 2:14 AM: »

Attached are the logos that are downloaded by MyChannellogos.

If this is too hard, look like Zap2xml has an icon download function, is it possible to work with that?

Only possible with mc2xml with microsoft listing, but mc2xml produces very large xmltv files, and mychannellogos is not suited for high resolution logos. It it poorly formatted for plex

edited March 2014
    I dont believe anybody can claim rights to these logos aside from the networks.

Resizing logo is easy, naming each one of them is the difficult part.
  • NerdCageNerdCage Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been waiting for a plug-in to ge tthe HDHomerun to work with Plex (via unRAID and Roku).  Thank you so much!

Now that I can finally pull the trigger on an HDHomerun Prime, is there any reason to wait a little longer for the next gen devices?  Will they work with this plug-in?  Will they work better/worse?

NerdCage wrote on March 27 2014, 12:21 PM: »

I've been waiting for a plug-in to ge tthe HDHomerun to work with Plex (via unRAID and Roku).  Thank you so much!

Now that I can finally pull the trigger on an HDHomerun Prime, is there any reason to wait a little longer for the next gen devices?  Will they work with this plug-in?  Will they work better/worse?

Remember that this plugin is still not perfect due to Plex limitations, and I do not know how long will it last before it breaks for good.

I've no experience with the Gen4 version of HDHomeRuns, but they are capable of transcoding at h264, not sure if it will help Plex with transcoding at all.

• mbze430mbze430 Posts: 130Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just purchased a HDHR Prime going to use it with TWC.  I was wondering what are other people running to record live shows and how are they integrating it to Plex?

I believe this plugin is strictly for live channel viewing without actual DVR functions?

• TaskmasterTaskmaster Posts: 4Members ✭✭

I didn't get the chance to play around  for a couple days. I went to set the favorites and realized I was on an older firmware than I thought when I couldn't set them. Update of the prime firmware made the channels show up. They play on the PC but not on my phone but that's probably device related. I'll try a tablet later and check too.Thanks for the help.

• Jmanderson10Jmanderson10 Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Yes the plugin is for live channels.

I use Windows Media Center to schedule and record shows. I then manually move them to PLEX and rename them using the regular s00e00 naming format. There are a few programs that will rename and transcode automatically (MCEBuddy). The newer Plex transcoder handles .wtv files fine now so its pretty easy.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    mbze430 wrote on March 29 2014, 7:32 AM: »

I just purchased a HDHR Prime going to use it with TWC. I was wondering what are other people running to record live shows and how are they integrating it to Plex?

I believe this plugin is strictly for live channel viewing without actual DVR functions?

Yes, live channel only, with some pause/rewind function. Haven't fully tested it yet... Lol..

Taskmaster wrote on March 29 2014, 1:22 PM: »

I didn't get the chance to play around  for a couple days. I went to set the favorites and realized I was on an older firmware than I thought when I couldn't set them. Update of the prime firmware made the channels show up. They play on the PC but not on my phone but that's probably device related. I'll try a tablet later and check too.Thanks for the help.

One of my android phone doesn't play it, so it's either device/Rom or maybe resolution.

• mcai3db3mcai3db3 Posts: 51Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks very much for this plugin. It's a giant leap towards the HTPC I've wanted for a long time!

1 question... A&E HD Channel! It's called A&EHD in HDHomeRun, and I'm guessing the ampersand causes problems. Any idea how to work round it?

burnip wrote on March 31 2014, 2:06 AM: »

Thanks very much for this plugin. It's a giant leap towards the HTPC I've wanted for a long time!

1 question... A&E HD Channel! It's called A&EHD in HDHomeRun, and I'm guessing the ampersand causes problems. Any idea how to work round it?

What problem are you facing.

edited March 2014

I just missed half of my question off. Jeez. Sorry.

It's just the icon that I shoved in there won't display. Every other icon I've put in the folder works fine, and I'm guessing it's all because of that pesky ampersand.

Forgot to mention - I've also had no joy getting this application to work on my iOS devices. I get error -12643 when I click on anything.

burnip wrote on March 31 2014, 2:43 AM: »

I just missed half of my question off. Jeez. Sorry.

It's just the icon that I shoved in there won't display. Every other icon I've put in the folder works fine, and I'm guessing it's all because of that pesky ampersand.

Forgot to mention - I've also had no joy getting this application to work on my iOS devices. I get error -12643 when I click on anything.

Icon, replace & with -

A&E = A-E

What iOS devices do you have?

A&E thing worked a treat. Thought I had already tried that, but obviously not. Thanks.

iOS devices - iPhone 5S, on the most recent version of iOS7 and an iPad... 2? on 7.0.4. PlexApp up to date on each. Same error on each. I'm guessing I'm going to have to hunt down logs and such to get this one diagnosed, which I don't have time to do right now, but I'll be back at some point in the future when I've got the time to dig. Thanks for your help!