Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] HDHomeRun Viewer

Comments

• zyninezynine Members, Plex Pass Posts: 623 Plex Pass
    burnip wrote on March 31 2014, 2:50 AM: »

A&E thing worked a treat. Thought I had already tried that, but obviously not. Thanks.

iOS devices - iPhone 5S, on the most recent version of iOS7 and an iPad... 2? on 7.0.4. PlexApp up to date on each. Same error on each. I'm guessing I'm going to have to hunt down logs and such to get this one diagnosed, which I don't have time to do right now, but I'll be back at some point in the future when I've got the time to dig. Thanks for your help!

Yeah, apparently I faced the same issue too with iOS. Haven't figured out the cause yet.

PMS: i5-3570K + Windows 10 | Clients: Android, ChromeCast, FireTV, iOS, Roku, Web.
    HDHR Viewer V2 (HDHomeRun Viewer) HDHomeRun + Plex
    HDHR Viewer V2 Deinterlace profiles and Android fix Deinterlace for HDHR Viewer V2
    Enable Markdown support in old forum post

• mcai3db3mcai3db3 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 51 Plex Pass
    edited April 2014

minor issues of note: 

Every so often when I try to play, all I get is audio, no picture.

And tonight, I once got a spanish language track when watching the USA network, which I must admit, was humorous for a while.

I just press stop and go back into the channel and it works fine. This is using PHT.

• erdocerdoc Members, Plex Pass Posts: 17 Plex Pass

I have a HDTC-2us and I've tried both version but i'm unable to enter settings?  I've attached a picture of the screen it gives me.

er.serge wrote on April 1 2014, 1:05 PM: »

I have a HDTC-2us and I've tried both version but i'm unable to enter settings?  I've attached a picture of the screen it gives me.

What server and client are you using?

PMS: i5-3570K + Windows 10 | Clients: Android, ChromeCast, FireTV, iOS, Roku, Web.
    HDHR Viewer V2 Deinterlace profiles and Android fix Deinterlace for HDHR Viewer V2

burnip wrote on April 1 2014, 12:40 AM: »

minor issues of note: 

Every so often when I try to play, all I get is audio, no picture.

And tonight, I once got a spanish language track when watching the USA network, which I must admit, was humorous for a while.

I just press stop and go back into the channel and it works fine. This is using PHT.

It might be possible to select language if you're using PHT, I haven't personally tried it.

edited April 2014
    zynine wrote on April 1 2014, 8:23 PM: »

What server and client are you using?

Server: 0.9.9.7.429 mac mini

Client: 1.0.12.220 mac mini

er.serge wrote on April 2 2014, 12:03 AM: »

Server: 0.9.9.7.429 mac mini

Client: 1.0.12.220 mac mini

Try setting it through the Server web interface?

zynine wrote on April 2 2014, 4:56 AM: »

Try setting it through the Server web interface?

Thanks!!!  It works!!!

Now just need to figure out how to make my xmltv.xml file to work with the plugin!

In fact i can watch tv in firefox (mac) thru plex.tv.

But nothing else work (safari/plex.tv, plex client (mac), roku/plex).

And even if I point the plugin to the xmltv.tv, there is no information (guide) available.

Any input?

er.serge wrote on April 2 2014, 5:57 PM: »

And even if I point the plugin to the xmltv.tv, there is no information (guide) available.

Any input?

More details would be helpful:

Are you connecting locally or remotely through internet.

What's your XMLTV source? And did you point to the correct path?

• abcdamanabcdaman Members Posts: 10 ✭✭
    er.serge wrote on April 2 2014, 5:57 PM: »

Any input?

What worked for me to get it working with roku is changing the default playback to 'Other' in the hdhomerun setup. Also, make sure xmltv is enabled/checked in the settings.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    zynine wrote on April 2 2014, 10:05 PM: »

More details would be helpful:

Are you connecting locally or remotely through internet.

What's your XMLTV source? And did you point to the correct path?

I am locally connected.  My xmltv source is mc2xml.  And the xmltv.xml file is update every 24 hrs ( http://www.arcticsurf.com/groups/arcticsurfdesigns/weblog/58410/Adding_free_TV_program_listings_to_EyeTV.html )

and works perfectly with eyetv.  The path is the good one...

Thanks for your help

abcdaman wrote on April 2 2014, 10:46 PM: »

What worked for me to get it working with roku is changing the default playback to 'Other' in the hdhomerun setup. Also, make sure xmltv is enabled/checked in the settings.

Thanks for your input, but I don't understand where is the "Other" default playback option.

Thanks

• abcdamanabcdaman Members Posts: 10 ✭✭
    er.serge wrote on April 2 2014, 11:17 PM: »

Thanks for your input, but I don't understand where is the "Other" default playback option.
    Thanks

https://www.silicondust.com/support/hdhomerun/instructions/prime/

Instead of choosing media center pick something else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    abcdaman wrote on April 3 2014, 12:03 AM: »

https://www.silicondust.com/support/hdhomerun/instructions/prime/

Instead of choosing media center pick something else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you, but still no luck...I wanted to integrate my OTA Tv into Plex, but it is definitely more complicated than expected.  I think hdhrfling.com has an easier and more integrated OTA TV into Roku and from the internet (including remote location).  

BTW I love Plex!!!  and i'm a lifetime member but for live TV (OTA or cable) we need a more solid integration from the developers.  Either  Eyetv or hdhomerun don't integrate well with Plex...

I give up.

At home:  Eyetv for live TV, Plex for all my media    (MAC MINI + harmony remote)

From remote location (cottage): Plex for all my media thru Roku, hdhrfling for live tv thru Roku

Excellent work, but still too Alpha for me.

Have a nice one.

er.serge wrote on April 3 2014, 12:27 AM: »

BTW I love Plex!!!  and i'm a lifetime member but for live TV (OTA or cable) we need a more solid integration from the developers.  Either  Eyetv or hdhomerun don't integrate well with Plex...

I give up.

At home:  Eyetv for live TV, Plex for all my media    (MAC MINI + harmony remote)

From remote location (cottage): Plex for all my media thru Roku, hdhrfling for live tv thru Roku

Excellent work, but still too Alpha for me.

Have a nice one.

Unfortunately, PLEX has limitations, partly why this plugin will stay in alpha stage for a long long time (or maybe forever). 

Other playback issue I can think off is make sure your tuner is not fully used or locked out. Force close a plex client (especially web clients) won't free up the tuner.

Don't have a gen4 tuner, so I can't experiment with it. Sorry.

abcdaman wrote on April 2 2014, 10:46 PM: »

Rather interesting, I know I didn't have to set mine like that.

er.serge wrote on April 2 2014, 11:08 PM: »

I am locally connected.  My xmltv source is mc2xml.  And the xmltv.xml file is update every 24 hrs ( http://www.arcticsurf.com/groups/arcticsurfdesigns/weblog/58410/Adding_free_TV_program_listings_to_EyeTV.html )

and works perfectly with eyetv.  The path is the good one...

Thanks for your help

mc2xml isn't my first choice, but it should work. My only guess is the xml mapping issue with the name provided by hdhomerun.

If you could post up your xmltv file and lineup.xml (hdhomerun), that would help for future purpose.

• abuttinoabuttino Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Long ago, I was speaking with a member of the Ceton team. He explicity told me placeshifting cable TV from cablecard boxes shouldn't even be possible. All cablelabs participants are required to make the service adhere to a 3 hop rule.

Believe it or not, it's better that this stays alpha forever. Once cablelabs gets wind of the fact that you can stream across the internet to a CC, the **** could hit the fan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  • lolentololento Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
    abuttino wrote on April 3 2014, 11:14 PM: »

Long ago, I was speaking with a member of the Ceton team. He explicity told me placeshifting cable TV from cablecard boxes shouldn't even be possible. All cablelabs participants are required to make the service adhere to a 3 hop rule.

Believe it or not, it's better that this stays alpha forever. Once cablelabs gets wind of the fact that you can stream across the internet to a CC, the **** could hit the fan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yep, whether this stays in alpha or gets released is really semantics.  Once the current version is up and running, there really isn't any bugs that I can't live with.

Although it will be nice for the Plex devs to look into optimizing the transcoding for live streams at low bitrate.