Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] HDHomeRun Viewer

Comments

• abuttinoabuttino Posts: 238Members ✭✭
    It would be. I struggle with playing local content on my ChromeCast.. I think it's just my PC but it could be the fact that it's a shitload of bandwidth to go over WiFi. I've been taking to one of the developers of the rooted ChromeCast ROM; he's hopeful for a Ethernet over USB solution.. That would be very nice

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
  • zyninezynine Posts: 576Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    abuttino wrote on April 4 2014, 5:37 PM: »

It would be. I struggle with playing local content on my ChromeCast.. I think it's just my PC but it could be the fact that it's a shitload of bandwidth to go over WiFi. I've been taking to one of the developers of the rooted ChromeCast ROM; he's hopeful for a Ethernet over USB solution.. That would be very nice

Have a dedicated wifi AP just for the chromecast. Not sure if it will work.

• abuttinoabuttino Posts: 238Members ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I actually do.. Less than 1 foot away from the ChromeCast :)

The amplifier has the CC hooked up to it with the extension and the router is right above that. (DLP TV stand)

No, I didn't intentionally thank my own post lol

• Ben WinchesterBen Winchester Posts: 3Members
    edited April 2014
    er.serge wrote on April 3 2014, 12:21 AM: »

Thank you, but still no luck...I wanted to integrate my OTA Tv into Plex, but it is definitely more complicated than expected.  I think hdhrfling.com has an easier and more integrated OTA TV into Roku and from the internet (including remote location).  

abcdaman wrote on April 3 2014, 12:03 AM: »

https://www.silicondust.com/support/hdhomerun/instructions/prime/

Instead of choosing media center pick something else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I, too, have a Roku with Rarflix installed. I have tried all the other Main Application "other" options in the HDHomeRun Setup to no avail. Can you provide more detail regarding your settings? 

Thanks!

edit: is it because I have the Roku HD and not the Roku 3?

• abcdamanabcdaman Posts: 10Members ✭✭
    PrairieDog wrote on April 7 2014, 6:41 PM: »

I, too, have a Roku with Rarflix installed. I have tried all the other Main Application "other" options in the HDHomeRun Setup to no avail. Can you provide more detail regarding your settings? 

Thanks!

edit: is it because I have the Roku HD and not the Roku 3?

I've reverted back to rev 0 as it seems to work for me on all clients reliably.   I think there's an issue with rev 1 when there isn't any guide info and it is either going to the roku or plex home theater.  I played around with the createvideoclip object to no avail.  Eventually it would work when I removed the tagline, summary, and sourcetitle. (basically equivalent to rev 0)  I would try rev 0 and see if it works.  I am using rarflix on my roku3.

• Ben WinchesterBen Winchester Posts: 3Members
    abcdaman wrote on April 7 2014, 8:19 PM: »

I've reverted back to rev 0 as it seems to work for me on all clients reliably.   I think there's an issue with rev 1 when there isn't any guide info and it is either going to the roku or plex home theater.  I played around with the createvideoclip object to no avail.  Eventually it would work when I removed the tagline, summary, and sourcetitle. (basically equivalent to rev 0)  I would try rev 0 and see if it works.  I am using rarflix on my roku3.

That did it! Thanks!!!

Most likely needs more error checking to be integrated into the plugin. 

• lolentololento Posts: 35Members ✭✭

Hi Zynine,

How does the plugin handle channel logos for channels with a ! or ()?

• NLindersNLinders Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

did anyone get this to work on Amazon Fire TV?

abcdaman wrote on April 7 2014, 8:19 PM: »

You are correct, for some reason if xmltv has issues, roku has some problem with it.

lolento wrote on April 9 2014, 5:11 AM: »

Hi Zynine,

How does the plugin handle channel logos for channels with a ! or ()?

unfortunately v0.0/0.1 doesn't handle those properly. try v0.2 but there's a format change.

• rzdcffsrzdcffs Posts: 255Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OK, I installed this. Tried it on a couple different devices. Basically what happens is that it shows the stream, but the video is lagged behind the audio for 5 seconds, and then it catches up, and keeps doing this. Don't think it's bandwidth or the machine, as I can transcode 3-4 720p  rips at the same time. I've even tried on SD channels, it does the same thing on those channels as well. Any ideas?

rymusa wrote on April 18 2014, 11:26 PM: »

OK, I installed this. Tried it on a couple different devices. Basically what happens is that it shows the stream, but the video is lagged behind the audio for 5 seconds, and then it catches up, and keeps doing this. Don't think it's bandwidth or the machine, as I can transcode 3-4 720p  rips at the same time. I've even tried on SD channels, it does the same thing on those channels as well. Any ideas?

Check your hdhomerun firmware version.

• rzdcffsrzdcffs Posts: 255Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the latest firmware version (2014 03 i believe.)

• srunner2001srunner2001 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just wanted to post my results and config after stumbling across this plug-in:

It works! Great plug-in for Plex, this is what I've been waiting for. Very easy to configure. Seems to be working via Android client, web (have to disable the Experimental Player to view SD content, HD content isn't working that well), and PHT.

Plex Media Server : 0.9.9.7.429

HDHomeRun Firmware/Drivers : 20140121

mc2xml via Schedules Direct

Running in a VM on ESXi: Dell PET110 Windows 7 Pro VM with 2 cores and 4GB of RAM. My ESXi box is running 2 other VM's at the same time. 

Question, the Subscribed option shows I assume 415 channels on the label but when click on it it states "This directory appears to be empty" when I click on it using the Android Plex Client. Is that a known issue or do I potentially have something configured improperly?

Thanks for all the hard work on this, so far I'm really happy with the setup.

edited April 2014
    srunner2001 wrote on April 28 2014, 7:28 PM: »

I just wanted to post my results and config after stumbling across this plug-in:

It works! Great plug-in for Plex, this is what I've been waiting for. Very easy to configure. Seems to be working via Android client, web (have to disable the Experimental Player to view SD content, HD content isn't working that well), and PHT.

Plex Media Server : 0.9.9.7.429

HDHomeRun Firmware/Drivers : 20140121

mc2xml via Schedules Direct

Running in a VM on ESXi: Dell PET110 Windows 7 Pro VM with 2 cores and 4GB of RAM. My ESXi box is running 2 other VM's at the same time. 

Question, the Subscribed option shows I assume 415 channels on the label but when click on it it states "This directory appears to be empty" when I click on it using the Android Plex Client. Is that a known issue or do I potentially have something configured improperly?

Thanks for all the hard work on this, so far I'm really happy with the setup.

It could be an Android client limitation. I have 200+ channels and it worked. Didn't have a chance to test 400+ channels.

• trevoryourtrevoryour Posts: 3Members

Can someone give me a hand with the channe logos?  I can't seem to figure out the official channel name so I can name the files accordingly.  Can someone tell me where I can find the official channel name.  For example this is what my channel is called in Plex: 

231 - ABC-D HD WXYZ T

I have tried a number of combinations and the image never appears to show up.  Maybe the issue is with the file itself.  Does it have to be a certain amount of pixels or something?  I downloaded some PNG files from google and named it logo-231-abc-dhdwxyzt.png but as i said no luck.  I was hoping the channel name would be listed somewhere in a config file or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can someone give me a hand with the channe logos?  I can't seem to figure out the official channel name so I can name the files accordingly.  Can someone tell me where I can find the official channel name.  For example this is what my channel is called in Plex: 

231 - ABC-D HD WXYZ T

I have tried a number of combinations and the image never appears to show up.  Maybe the issue is with the file itself.  Does it have to be a certain amount of pixels or something?  I downloaded some PNG files from google and named it logo-231-abc-dhdwxyzt.png but as i said no luck.  I was hoping the channel name would be listed somewhere in a config file or something.

edited May 2014
    trevoryour wrote on May 1 2014, 3:14 AM: »

231 - ABC-D HD WXYZ T

With version 0.2, you should be able to get it from the log file. It should appear as ABC-DHDWXYZT.png

zynine wrote on May 1 2014, 2:35 PM: »

With version 0.2, you should be able to get it from the log file. It should appear as ABC-DHDWXYZT.png

Yes, I am using version 0.2.  Can you tell me where I can find the log file?  So the filename should be abc-dhdwxyzt.png and not logo-abc-dhwxyzt.png?

Any suggestion on where to find the logo files and what size do the files need to be?

trevoryour wrote on May 2 2014, 12:20 AM: »

Yes, I am using version 0.2.  Can you tell me where I can find the log file?  So the filename should be abc-dhdwxyzt.png and not logo-abc-dhwxyzt.png?

Any suggestion on where to find the logo files and what size do the files need to be?

Good catch. you are right, it would be  logo-abc-dhwxyzt.png

On Windows 7:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Logs\PMS Plugin Logs\com.plexapp.plugins.zyhdhomerunviewer.log