Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] HDHomeRun Viewer

Comments

• rayzurbockrayzurbock Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

First off, let me say I love this plug-in.  Plex App in Windows 8.1 Update 1 plays the stream perfectly.  When using the web browser the audio is fine but the video will pause and then play really fast to catch up, then pause and play fast again. So the Video is fast and the Audio is fine.  This happens in Chrome 34.0.1847.131 m and in IE 11.0.9600.17031.   It doesn't matter if I go to plex.tv or my local machine IP:32400/web to play it.  Any ideas?

• KravoofKravoof Posts: 3Members

Thank you for this Plugin. I have installed it in my win 7 and latest PMS. I am able to get the SD(standard-def) channels working from PRIME using the plex web. However when I play high-def channels the video gets stuck after 2 seconds app is in spinning state, transcoder stops. any ideas?. Once I have this working I will test it out in other devices.

Thanks

• djwhytedjwhyte Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    rayzurbock wrote on May 3 2014, 4:01 AM: »

First off, let me say I love this plug-in.  Plex App in Windows 8.1 Update 1 plays the stream perfectly.  When using the web browser the audio is fine but the video will pause and then play really fast to catch up, then pause and play fast again. So the Video is fast and the Audio is fine.  This happens in Chrome 34.0.1847.131 m and in IE 11.0.9600.17031.   It doesn't matter if I go to plex.tv or my local machine IP:32400/web to play it.  Any ideas?

I had this problem when I enabled the 'experimental' player in the Web settings.  Try that.

• NerdCageNerdCage Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you so much for this Plugin!

I got it running on my unRAID/roku setup.  It's working, but I'm having trouble with a lot of lag/jittering/pixelation.  The Roku 2 is on a wired Gigabit network.  unRAID is a Quad core, 8GB RAM setup.  CPU usage by Plex gets to be around 200% when trying to watch the HDHomeRun.  This is actually less than when watching a normal show/movie (300+%)

I see the same problem (actually a little worse) when trying to watch a channel through the webserver on my Windows 7 PC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• nycbhoynycbhoy Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I'm having trouble with the video playing slow then fast. Audio is fine but video keeps speeding up then slowing down.

Any suggestions appreciated!
  • cldavis3333cldavis3333 Posts: 4Members Plex Pass

First off, great plugin.  It is working with my Roku and my Windows tablet but not my windows phone.  Looking at the server task manager, its pretty clear the plex transcoder is not being called by Plax for this device and stream .  Why would that be if Plex works with every other piece of media I have?

richard37 wrote on May 11 2014, 1:54 AM: »

I'm having trouble with the video playing slow then fast. Audio is fine but video keeps speeding up then slowing down.

Any suggestions appreciated!

I assume the playback is in Plex Web?  Try turning off the 'experimental player' in the settings on Plex Web.

djwhyte wrote on May 13 2014, 8:09 AM: »

I assume the playback is in Plex Web?  Try turning off the 'experimental player' in the settings on Plex Web.

I can't find the "experimental" setting on Plex Web, can you point me to it?

I did change transcoding to "Make My CPU Hurt" and it improved performance significantly, but there is still glitchiness/pixelation and the audio and video get out of sync.

NerdCage wrote on May 14 2014, 3:53 AM: »

I can't find the "experimental" setting on Plex Web, can you point me to it?

Sure.  In PlexWeb, press the settings button (top-right).  Click 'Web'.  Click 'Show Advanced'.  On the left click 'Player' and there is an option to enabled/disable the Experimental Player.

Although, looking now, I can't find that setting either :\

• mdevans_1mdevans_1 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Zynine, just had to say thank you.

I bought an Homerun Prime after the I read through this thread the first time.

HDHR is here, waiting for cable card to show up.

Ran through it's paces with QAM in the meantime, so far so good, very excited!

Thanks again!

djwhyte wrote on May 14 2014, 11:19 PM: »

Sure.  In PlexWeb, press the settings button (top-right).  Click 'Web'.  Click 'Show Advanced'.  On the left click 'Player' and there is an option to enabled/disable the Experimental Player.

Thanks, that's where I was looking...  I updated my unRAID to 5.0.5 and my PMS to 0.9.9.7.429 and saw drastic improvement (should have thought of that one sooner).  A bit of distortion in the beginning, but then it settles in and plays great.  Looks awesome on the web player, and on my Android even from remote locations.  On the TV with the Roku there is noticeable interlacing.  I can live with it but it sure would be nice to get that cleaned up.

Overall very happy to have this working.  Thank you for bringing LiveTV to Plex!

• nycbhoynycbhoy Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Anyone figured out how to stop the video playing fast then slow then fast again etc?? It's only on certain channels which seems weird. Watching on plex home theater. Can't see the experimental browser setting mentioned above. Cheers. Working great but can't watch a number if channels because if this.
  • abuttinoabuttino Posts: 238Members ✭✭
    Hey zynine, just letting you know, you can add ChromeCast to the list of supported clients ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  • hangerbabyhangerbaby Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Love that this exists but I just can't get it to work consistently. Sometimes I am able to watch a channel uninterrupted, but for the most part there is a lot of glitching, pixelation, and "loading please wait". I have a fairly powerful computer (OC'd i5 3570k, 8gb ram, GTX 780), a decent internet speed (120Mbps/25Mbps) and a brand new Asus AC-66U router.

Right now I can't get anything to play for more than 5 seconds before it buffers and craps out (plex gives up after a few tries). I can play the HDHR on my Windows Media Center perfectly. No problems at all there in any quality. Sadly the only reason why I bought this was so I could get cable in my bedroom without having a cable box installed.

Does anyone have any tips? So far I've disabled the 5GHz wifi radio and it seems to have helped a tiny bit, but not much 

• omarti321omarti321 Posts: 84Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2014

zynine,

Just to say thanks for an such an awesome plug in.  I got it working in less than 5 minutes. 

I'm trying to utilize the other plugin by TwoOneSix because of the transcoding capabilities for remote viewing but I'm having a hard time getting everything going.  Just when I thought I had it, no cigar. When I have time I'll start over to hopefully catch what I'm missing, but it's nice to actually make the prime work reliably at least on the local network. 

Thanks again for your efforts.

I should correct this. Works pretty nice from remote as well via Plex Web on firefox with SD channels :)

• zyninezynine Posts: 576Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    hangerbaby wrote on May 18 2014, 10:28 PM: »

Love that this exists but I just can't get it to work consistently. Sometimes I am able to watch a channel uninterrupted, but for the most part there is a lot of glitching, pixelation, and "loading please wait". I have a fairly powerful computer (OC'd i5 3570k, 8gb ram, GTX 780), a decent internet speed (120Mbps/25Mbps) and a brand new Asus AC-66U router.

Right now I can't get anything to play for more than 5 seconds before it buffers and craps out (plex gives up after a few tries). I can play the HDHR on my Windows Media Center perfectly. No problems at all there in any quality. Sadly the only reason why I bought this was so I could get cable in my bedroom without having a cable box installed.

Does anyone have any tips? So far I've disabled the 5GHz wifi radio and it seems to have helped a tiny bit, but not much 

Have you tried updating the firmware on the hdhomerun?

• omarti321omarti321 Posts: 84Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    djwhyte wrote on May 14 2014, 11:19 PM: »

NerdCage wrote on May 15 2014, 1:03 PM: »

Thanks, that's where I was looking...  I updated my unRAID to 5.0.5 and my PMS to 0.9.9.7.429 and saw drastic improvement (should have thought of that one sooner).  A bit of distortion in the beginning, but then it settles in and plays great.  Looks awesome on the web player, and on my Android even from remote locations.  On the TV with the Roku there is noticeable interlacing.  I can live with it but it sure would be nice to get that cleaned up.

Overall very happy to have this working.  Thank you for bringing LiveTV to Plex!

I only see that option when using a Chrome browser, I've tried to look for it in IE and Firefox.

omarti321 wrote on May 21 2014, 1:22 PM: »

I only see that option when using a Chrome browser, I've tried to look for it in IE and Firefox.

Good catch. Experimental player is HTML5 player. I assumed that IE and Firefox has limited HTML5 support for video, that's why it doesn't show up; It will be using the regular flash player.

• hangerbabyhangerbaby Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    zynine wrote on May 20 2014, 11:36 PM: »

Have you tried updating the firmware on the hdhomerun?

I'm running 20140121 which I believe is the latest firmware, so there are no upgrades available I assume? I just found out that I can't stream channels consistently unless they are HD which seems silly since even HD channels don't bog my computer down to a noticeable degree. 20% CPU usage max is the highest I've seen yet. SD channels working great 

hangerbaby wrote on May 21 2014, 8:38 PM: »

I'm running 20140121 which I believe is the latest firmware, so there are no upgrades available I assume? I just found out that I can't stream channels consistently unless they are HD which seems silly since even HD channels don't bog my computer down to a noticeable degree. 20% CPU usage max is the highest I've seen yet. SD channels working great 

There are newer beta firmwares available. Tell me more about your network setup. How is your roku connected?