If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] HDHomeRun Viewer

Comments

• zyninezynine Posts: 625Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@SpacemanJT said:
    Hi there,

I upgraded from 0.9.17 to 0.9.19 and now all of the program information is missing. What do I need to do please? :)

Thanks,

SpacemanJT

What guide mode are you using?

PMS: i5-3570K + Windows 10 | Clients: Android, ChromeCast, FireTV, iOS, Roku, Web.
    HDHR Viewer V2 (HDHomeRun Viewer) HDHomeRun + Plex
    HDHR Viewer V2 Deinterlace profiles and Android fix Deinterlace for HDHR Viewer V2
    Enable Markdown support in old forum post

• daeksdaeks Posts: 113Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 20

@zynine said:
    @daeks, hit a brick wall. I tried using DataObject + Callback, the thumbnail got cached "permanently" in Plex. What are your thoughts on http / webserver based links?

I am happy with everything, but why not doing something like the following on initialisation:

import shutil
    shutil.copy(os.path.join(Prefs[PREFS_LOGO_PATH], icon_channelnumber), Resources_folder)

That is more a showcase, but it worked for me with static paths in shutil.copy. Biggest benefit would be that no further changes are required. Only some lines for copying the logos from external directory to resource folder initially.

@daeks said:

@zynine said:
    @daeks, hit a brick wall. I tried using DataObject + Callback, the thumbnail got cached "permanently" in Plex. What are your thoughts on http / webserver based links?

I am happy with everything, but why not doing something like the following on initialisation:

import shutil
    shutil.copy(os.path.join(Prefs[PREFS_LOGO_PATH], icon_channelnumber), Resources_folder)

That is more a showcase, but it worked for me with static paths in shutil.copy. Biggest benefit would be that no further changes are required. Only some lines for copying the logos from external directory to resource folder initially.

Quote, yeah, thought of something similar last night, thinking of either that or using a copy_tree function.

PMS: i5-3570K + Windows 10 | Clients: Android, ChromeCast, FireTV, iOS, Roku, Web.
    HDHR Viewer V2 Deinterlace profiles and Android fix Deinterlace for HDHR Viewer V2

@daeks, let me know how 1.0.0 works for you.

• daeksdaeks Posts: 113Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 22

@zynine said:

I have tested it and got an exception:

2017-03-22 07:29:46,549 (1804) : DEBUG (logkit:13) - ---------- LoadChannelIcons
    2017-03-22 07:29:46,565 (1804) : ERROR (logkit:22) - ########## Reset: : (2, 'No such file or directory'): [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'\\?\D:\plex_test\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\HDHRViewerV2.bundle\Contents\Resources\Icons\logo-5002.png'

edit It looks like that it fails cause the "Icons" directory does not exist. Creating an "Icons" directory manually results in a successfull copy but the icons do not get loaded. Anyhow I am not quite sure if we would need a reload button for it. I tried it successfully with the following code starting on L142:

# Load Channel Icon Local_iconpath = Prefs[PREFS_ICONDIR] if dirExists(Local_iconpath): try: logDebug('Load Channel Icons from ' + Local_iconpath) Resources_iconpath = Core.storage.join_path(Core.bundle_path,'Contents','Resources') for filename in Core.storage.list_dir(Local_iconpath): src = Core.storage.join_path(Local_iconpath,filename) dest = Core.storage.join_path(Resources_iconpath,filename) if os.path.isfile(src) and not os.path.isfile(dest): Core.storage.copy(src,dest) except Exception as inst: logError('Reset: '+strError(inst))

It iterates each time over all icons and only copies them if they do not exist on dest. I do not know if that has any performance influence on directories having many icons, but just iterating over a directory listing should normally be fast.

@daeks said:

@zynine said:

I have tested it and got an exception:

2017-03-22 07:29:46,549 (1804) : DEBUG (logkit:13) - ---------- LoadChannelIcons
    2017-03-22 07:29:46,565 (1804) : ERROR (logkit:22) - ########## Reset: : (2, 'No such file or directory'): [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'\\?\D:\plex_test\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\HDHRViewerV2.bundle\Contents\Resources\Icons\logo-5002.png'

edit It looks like that it fails cause the "Icons" directory does not exist. Creating an "Icons" directory manually results in a successfull copy but the icons do not get loaded. Anyhow I am not quite sure if we would need a reload button for it. I tried it successfully with the following code starting on L142:

# Load Channel Icon Local_iconpath = Prefs[PREFS_ICONDIR] if dirExists(Local_iconpath): try: logDebug('Load Channel Icons from ' + Local_iconpath) Resources_iconpath = Core.storage.join_path(Core.bundle_path,'Contents','Resources') for filename in Core.storage.list_dir(Local_iconpath): src = Core.storage.join_path(Local_iconpath,filename) dest = Core.storage.join_path(Resources_iconpath,filename) if os.path.isfile(src) and not os.path.isfile(dest): Core.storage.copy(src,dest) except Exception as inst: logError('Reset: '+strError(inst))

It iterates each time over all icons and only copies them if they do not exist on dest. I do not know if that has any performance influence on directories having many icons, but just iterating over a directory listing should normally be fast.

My bad, I pointed to the wrong folder. Icons folder won't work because Plex plugins can't handle subfolders in resources folder with R() function. Reload function is for overwriting existing files. I'll update it tonight.

• okmrdanokmrdan Posts: 58Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Everything working on Android 7 with Windows server except the thumbnails are not showing in the guide. Occasionally o e or two will show up but the rest are blank using hdhomerun mode. Worked perfectly prior.

Probably isn't help development when Plex keeps changing transcoders and codecs every other release now.

@okmrdan said:
    Everything working on Android 7 with Windows server except the thumbnails are not showing in the guide. Occasionally o e or two will show up but the rest are blank using hdhomerun mode. Worked perfectly prior.

Probably isn't help development when Plex keeps changing transcoders and codecs every other release now.

I think its a hdhomerun server problem, images aren't cached properly on their servers.

• okmrdanokmrdan Posts: 58Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have not updated firmware on my prime for a few months. Was working on every version until last Plex update.

@okmrdan said:
    I have not updated firmware on my prime for a few months. Was working on every version until last Plex update.

I wasn't referring to device, I am referring to their guide service... I have the same issue on my end, and when I tried to enter the valid image links in the browser, I do get error messages from the server that is caching these images...

• DaekwanDaekwan Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My HDHR Viewer plugin has been broken for a couple of weeks now. No matter what version of Plex I use and no matter who many times I reinstall the plug-in.. I get this error of my devices and while using PMS:

"There was a problem playing this item"

Any suggestions how to fix it? Of course this would happen in the middle of March Madness. The most important time I would need to be able to view my cable TV package on the go :(

edited March 25 via Email
    @Daekwan

What client are you using, what version of plugin. Logs?

edited March 25

@zynine said:
    @Daekwan

It doesnt play on any client (Xbox, Mac, Win10, iOS, FireTV, Roku, AppleTV) . Also doesnt play on the server. I've tried it directly in PMS web browser running on Chrome.

Model: HDHR3-CC
    Device ID: 1319B715
    Firmware: 20161117

PMS 1.4.4 or 1.5.1 (latest builds public and premium)
    HDHRViewerV2-beta-0.07c

And Ive already tried this fix: http://hdhrviewer.zynine.net/pms-upgraded-to-0-9-17-x-and-above-video-stops-working/

I'm guessing you are the guy who built this plugin. Pretty awesome man!!! Atleast when it worked :(

192.168.1.4 is my Roku Stick. Im not even using that device currently.. why is it making requests?

Mar 25, 2017 18:55:11.309 [9784] DEBUG - Beginning read from two-way stream.
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:12.757 [10980] DEBUG - NetworkServiceBrowser: SSDP arrived: 192.168.1.4 (http://192.168.1.4:8060/)
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:12.757 [9704] DEBUG - HTTP requesting GET http://192.168.1.4:8060/
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:12.772 [9704] DEBUG - HTTP 200 response from GET http://192.168.1.4:8060/
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:31.323 [4832] DEBUG - handleStreamRead code 2: End of file
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:31.328 [6980] DEBUG - Auth: We found auth token (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), enabling token-based authentication.
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:31.328 [6980] DEBUG - Auth: authenticated user 1 as Daekwan
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:31.328 [6980] DEBUG - Auth: Came in with a super-token, authorization succeeded.
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:31.328 [2736] DEBUG - Request: [127.0.0.1:54196 (Loopback)] GET /player/proxy/poll?deviceClass=pc&protocolVersion=1&protocolCapabilities=timeline%2Cplayback%2Cnavigation%2Cmirror%2Cplayqueues&timeout=1 (3 live) GZIP Signed-in Token (Daekwan)
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:31.328 [2736] DEBUG - Beginning read from two-way stream.
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:51.344 [4832] DEBUG - handleStreamRead code 2: End of file
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:51.349 [6980] DEBUG - Auth: We found auth token (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), enabling token-based authentication.
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:51.349 [6980] DEBUG - Auth: authenticated user 1 as Daekwan
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:51.349 [6980] DEBUG - Auth: Came in with a super-token, authorization succeeded.
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:51.349 [9352] DEBUG - Request: [127.0.0.1:54233 (Loopback)] GET /player/proxy/poll?deviceClass=pc&protocolVersion=1&protocolCapabilities=timeline%2Cplayback%2Cnavigation%2Cmirror%2Cplayqueues&timeout=1 (4 live) GZIP Signed-in Token (Daekwan)
    Mar 25, 2017 18:55:51.349 [9352] DEBUG - Beginning read from two-way stream.

Okay restarted my PMS and now I can get it working again on the PMP OSX client and also the PMP client for Windows on the workstation Im using thats actually running PMS . But crazy part is that it still will not work on iOS or in PMS web player.

@Daekwan said:

@zynine said:
    @Daekwan

It doesnt play on any client (Xbox, Mac, Win10, iOS, FireTV, Roku, AppleTV) . Also doesnt play on the server. I've tried it directly in PMS web browser running on Chrome.

Model: HDHR3-CC
    Device ID: 1319B715
    Firmware: 20161117

PMS 1.4.4 or 1.5.1 (latest builds public and premium)
    HDHRViewerV2-beta-0.07c

And Ive already tried this fix: http://hdhrviewer.zynine.net/pms-upgraded-to-0-9-17-x-and-above-video-stops-working/

I'm guessing you are the guy who built this plugin. Pretty awesome man!!! Atleast when it worked :(

update the plugin, that's a very old version.

That worked! Thanks!! Never knew that newer versions or the webtool/unsupported app store existed!

• lcarrerolcarrero Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, until yesterday I had installed the PMS Beta Four: A Good Day to DVR Hard as I was testing the DVR. Had no issues with any of my media playing. HDHR Viewer 2 was playing with no problems either. Yesterday I upgraded to the most current version of the PMS since the DVR (beta) is now integrated (Web Version 3.1.1 Server Version 1.5.1.3520). I am now having issues viewing any channels with the HDHR Viewer 2 Channel (HDHRViewerV2.bundle.0.07c). Any Live TV channel I attempt to play displays the message "There was a problem playing this item." Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
    Note: I have deleted the DVR and the HDHR Viewer 2, and experience has not changed.

@lcarrero said:
    Hi, until yesterday I had installed the PMS Beta Four: A Good Day to DVR Hard as I was testing the DVR. Had no issues with any of my media playing. HDHR Viewer 2 was playing with no problems either. Yesterday I upgraded to the most current version of the PMS since the DVR (beta) is now integrated (Web Version 3.1.1 Server Version 1.5.1.3520). I am now having issues viewing any channels with the HDHR Viewer 2 Channel (HDHRViewerV2.bundle.0.07c). Any Live TV channel I attempt to play displays the message "There was a problem playing this item." Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
    Note: I have deleted the DVR and the HDHR Viewer 2, and experience has not changed.

update the plugin, that's a very old version.

• lcarrerolcarrero Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you zynine. Downloaded the HDHRViewerV2.bundle-master.zip, v1.0.2, and now I can watch Live TV. Appreciate the insight.
    If anyone else has the same issue, you can download from here: https://github.com/zynine-/HDHRViewerV2.bundle
    I clicked on Clone or Download and downloaded the ZIP and copied the bundle into the Plex Plug-In folder. Note that the copied bundle folder needs to be in the following format "HDHRViewerV2.bundle" and not "HDHRViewerV2.bundle-master".