Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

OpenPlex (OS X APP)

wahlman.jwahlman.j Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3,266 Plex Pass

OpenPlex 0.6

OpenPlex developed by Wahlman.j (Source Code), CyberGhost84 (GUI) & Flipman6 (Obj-C)

OPlogogif

Demo video (watch in 1080P+ by changing the settings button on the youtube window after your press play):

DOWNLOAD <---Currently not working see latest posts for a workaround in this topic!

Wiki // Roadmap // Changelog // License // FAQ // Beta News

*PLEASE READ THE FAQ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS TOPIC!

*OpenPlex has been successfully tested on 64-bit 10.6.x, 10.7.x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x, 10.10.x, 10.11.x Beta (15C48a)

32-bit OS X versions are not supported!

Comments

• swallace17swallace17 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 41 Plex Pass
    Looking Good! Looks very similar in functionality to the Plex Connect GUI preview released recently. It appears to me that the native GUI is gonna be Web based, while your option is a native app alternative that have a focus on looking pretty and having more of an "app" feel than the web based option. Is that about right? Any other major differences you could name to show us why a native app is preferable?

Again, video looks awesome. The PlexConnect experience keeps getting better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • tomer1749tomer1749 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 853 Plex Pass

NICE! But if stofezz could make a way to choose themes in settings and baa will merge to original code i think we will srart to see a lot of nice themes :)

• CyberGhost84CyberGhost84 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 487 Plex Pass
    edited March 2015

New Layout For PlexConnect Theme Uploaded :)

njoy:) 

• wahlman.jwahlman.j Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3,266 Plex Pass
    edited May 2014
    Revanchist wrote on May 2 2014, 8:45 PM: »

Looking Good! Looks very similar in functionality to the Plex Connect GUI preview released recently. It appears to me that the native GUI is gonna be Web based, while your option is a native app alternative that have a focus on looking pretty and having more of an "app" feel than the web based option. Is that about right? Any other major differences you could name to show us why a native app is preferable?

Again, video looks awesome. The PlexConnect experience keeps getting better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The WebGui is a cross-platform plexconnect installer for all os/devices and is a great idea, what a great idea a web-based gui running on plexconnect :ph34r: WebConnect cough cough :ph34r: Just kidding WebGui designers :D

This is a beta app that is specifically designed for OSX. It has its own "WebGui" called WebConnect that allows users to control plexconnect if its installed on OSX and control your mac also from any device, anywhere (e.g. iPhone). It was designed for new and expert users alike to test and swap between new themes if desired on OSX very easily.

tomer1749 wrote on May 2 2014, 9:21 PM: »

NICE! But if stofezz could make a way to choose themes in settings and baa will merge to original code i think we will srart to see a lot of nice themes :)

Every theme on the app has specific settings in the PlexConnect settings tab on the Apple TV when installed to manage its specific theme. There is a lot of themes floating around if you look. Here is mine for example full screen gradient PHP (Big thanks to Falco for coming up with the PHP idea and CyberGhost & Stoffez for helping me implement Full Gradient via PHP):

Its a bit slower then PIL/PILLOW but they are talking about maybe changing it again to another implementation. Patience is key here  ;)

edited May 2014

I know there are a lot of themes but if we could change with the plexconnect app (choose and then it'll tell us to quit the hijacked app and go in again) it'll be perfect.

And why isn't it just added as update to openconnect? (this new app)

I want to start using OpenPlex instead of openconnect, what should i do?

edited May 2014
    tomer1749 wrote on May 3 2014, 8:40 AM: »

I know there are a lot of themes but if we could change with the plexconnect app (choose and then it'll tell us to quit the hijacked app and go in again) it'll be perfect.
    And why isn't it just added as update to openconnect? (this new app)

I want to start using OpenPlex instead of openconnect, what should i do?

Update instructions OP for users comming from OpenConnect. This is my new code but I didn't design the app CyberGhost84 did and he named the beta app OpenPlex. We wanted to make a new topic to avoid confusion from my original app OpenConnect.
  • petercockroachpetercockroach Members, Plex Pass Posts: 16 Plex Pass

What a great app! Thanks for this!

Installing themes doesn't seem to work for me though. The progress bar just keeps scrolling. It looks like the PIL/Pillow installation worked correctly. Any idea what may be happening?

• ASFxASFx Members, Plex Pass Posts: 49 Plex Pass

Man, this app caught my house on fire D:

Just kidding. It worked great, thanks!  :D 

Can you upload a video of how to set it from beginning? To auto update and anything?

edited January 2015
    petercockroach wrote on May 3 2014, 7:36 PM: »

Installing themes doesn't seem to work for me though. The progress bar just keeps scrolling. It looks like the PIL/Pillow installation worked correctly. Any idea what may be happening?

Send me a pm and I will try to debug. What OSX version and Mac type (e.g. Mac Pro) are you using.

tomer1749 wrote on May 3 2014, 8:10 PM: »

Can you upload a video of how to set it from beginning? To auto update and anything?

The video is on the op. Just click update to update the github you cloned. It's in between start and stop.

• lukasfeitsmalukasfeitsma Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass

So installing Xcode is required to let OpenPlex work properly? 

edited May 2014
    Nope. Some form of git is and it has a installer .dmg that downloads when you install git by clicking the github icon. This is required to install all app dependencies as well to be password free from that part forward. Without doing so will not allow the app to work properly.
  • jedib0pjedib0p Members, Plex Pass Posts: 24 Plex Pass

This is not working for me at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've selected the CyberGhost theme and followed your installation video. When I select iMovie Theatre the PlexConnect interface loads but when selecting Library it just beach balls "Accessing iMovie Theatre" forever.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

jedib0p wrote on May 4 2014, 1:13 PM: »

This is not working for me at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've selected the CyberGhost theme and followed your installation video. When I select iMovie Theatre the PlexConnect interface loads but when selecting Library it just beach balls "Accessing iMovie Theatre" forever.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Nothing;) the app worked properly for u... The issue is my git;( the new backgrounds arent uploaded yet, thAts why the library doesnt show up..
  • huehue Members, Plex Pass Posts: 51 Plex Pass

Not working so well for me...

I've got OS X 10.9.2

When i press Load backup certs no certs is adding my folder like in your video. 

I did copy my old certs like i had using plexify and added it to the folder. 

When i pressed delete certs, nothing happened. 

I can view trailers who i pressed to hijack just like normal...

Any idea what i did wrong?

This is what my log says: 

21:13:41 PlexConnect: started: 21:13:41
    21:13:41 PlexConnect: Version: 0.3.1+
    21:13:41 PlexConnect: Python: 2.7.5 (default, Aug 25 2013, 00:04:04) 
    [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 5.0 (clang-500.0.68)]
    21:13:41 PlexConnect: Host OS: darwin
    21:13:41 PlexConnect: IP_self: 10.0.1.2
    21:13:41 DNSServer: started: 21:13:41
    21:13:41 DNSServer: ***
    21:13:41 DNSServer: DNSServer: Serving DNS on 10.0.1.2 port 53.
    21:13:41 DNSServer: ***
    21:13:41 WebServer: started: 21:13:41
    21:13:41 WebServer: ***
    21:13:41 WebServer: WebServer: Serving HTTP on 10.0.1.2 port 80.
    21:13:41 WebServer: started: 21:13:41
    21:13:41 WebServer: WebServer: Serving HTTPS on 10.0.1.2 port 443.

Is ur plexconnect folder in application folder?
    edited April 2015

Your backup certs need to be located in this folder and you need to manually put them in there (/Applications/plexconnect_BACKUP) NOT (/applications/plexconnect_BACKUP/assets/certificates). The app should generate this folder for you. If it's not send me a pm so I can debug.

I should of explained this but I was exhausted when I released the code for cyberghosts app. To much coding :P

• petercockroachpetercockroach Members, Plex Pass Posts: 16 Plex Pass
    edited May 2014

wahlman.j helped me out and it turns out this was just a user error :-)

I had to delete my PlexConnect folder before attempting to install a theme'd version. I incorrectly thought that the theme had to be installed on top of the original PlexConnect installation. Thanks again, wahlman.j!!

edit: per request from wahlman.j:

10.9.2, Mac Mini (Early 2009)

petercockroach wrote on May 3 2014, 7:36 PM: »

edited May 2014

Everyone just remember if you are testing different PlexConnect theme's or switching back to iBaa's GitHub you must do this using the app each time:

1. Delete plexconnect folder

2. Pick the original github (iBaa) or a theme version (e.g. cyberghost theme)

3. Load your backup certs (must be placed in /applications/plexconnect_BACKUP the base dir not /assets/certificates) then click the matching hijack or just click the hijack (e.g. trailers) to make new certs. 

@petercockroach please post your mac version and mac type also if you get a chance by editing your previous post  :)

I was missing some files to get full gradient to work demoed in the video. If you click the GitHub icon again it should correct these errors. You will need to clone my github again after you click the Github icon if its in use.

• jdillingerjdillinger Members, Plex Pass Posts: 339 Plex Pass
    So how long before we can change themes in plexconnect settings on atv @iBaa.

Great work btw homies.