Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Google Music Channel

jwdempseyjwdempsey Posts: 462Members ✭✭
edited April 2015 in Plex Channels

I am releasing a Google Music channel that should work for all Plex clients. I forked the current channel created by the user Maik and added a bunch of new features. If anyone has any issues please post your log files and I will be happy to take a look. Also, if you have any request for new features please let me know. I will be sending out a request to get this added to the Unsupported Appstore as well.

If you are running into any issues please post your log files. I won't be able to help you without them.

Github:

https://github.com/jwdempsey/GoogleMusic.bundle

Updates

6/03/2014
NEW: Added I'm feeling lucky radio
FIXED: Songs should play correctly for users without All Access
FIXED: Genres and Search can only be accessed by All Access users

6/11/2014

FIXED: Fixed an issue where if you only had an iOS device registered then you couldn't stream

8/13/2014

IMPROVEMENT: Large libraries can now be loaded without timing out

11/11/2014

NEW: Public playlists are now returned in search results

NEW: You can now add songs to playlists/library from the search menu

IMPROVEMENT: I improved library how your library is cached. You should see new songs much sooner now.

12/06/2014

NEW: Added new menu to show songs by letter

04/01/2015

NEW: Added new menu option to manually refresh library data. Library data will also refresh every 2 hours automatically.

Comments

• dunkfuncdunkfunc Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2014

Thanks for this but no love for Google Music Free?

• jwdempseyjwdempsey Posts: 462Members ✭✭
    dunkfunc wrote on May 30 2014, 12:47 PM: »

Thanks for this but no love for Google Music Free?

I honestly don't know how this will work for free accounts yet. Have you tried it?

• mbc663mbc663 Posts: 37Members ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    jwdempsey wrote on May 30 2014, 2:03 PM: »

I honestly don't know how this will work for free accounts yet. Have you tried it?

Not working for free users

Edit: Just had to cache all the album artwork. WORKS FINE!!!!!

Awesome work man!

Only thing I cant get to come up is Genres.

Your a boss, thanks for this!

mbc663 wrote on May 30 2014, 4:31 PM: »

Not working for free users

Edit: Just had to cache all the album artwork. WORKS FINE!!!!!

Awesome work man!

Only thing I cant get to come up is Genres.

Your a boss, thanks for this!

I will take a look at Genres. It could be that will only work for All Access. If that's the case I will see if its possible to only show options for the type of account you have.

jwdempsey wrote on May 30 2014, 5:21 PM: »

I will take a look at Genres. It could be that will only work for All Access. If that's the case I will see if its possible to only show options for the type of account you have.

Either way, thanks again man. Surprised this hasn't been created before.

• many7695many7695 Posts: 233Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

used it on my iPad, it works but the funny thing it tells me it can't play the track but a few seconds later it does, do you know why this happens?

my plex server is on windows 7 if that helps

many7695 wrote on May 30 2014, 8:17 PM: »

used it on my iPad, it works but the funny thing it tells me it can't play the track but a few seconds later it does, do you know why this happens?

I don't unfortunately. Could you post your log files when you get a chance?

hope this is the correct log

many7695 wrote on May 31 2014, 6:36 AM: »

hope this is the correct log

That is the correct log. There are some errors in here that I will investigate. Thanks!

many7695 wrote on May 30 2014, 8:17 PM: »

Do you have an All Access account?

edited May 2014
    Unfortunately, I don't have google music all access
    many7695 wrote on May 31 2014, 3:02 PM: »

Unfortunately, I don't have google music all access

Ok. I think I know what's going on. It will take me some time to fix though. Thanks for letting me know.

I dont know why this channel isnt getting more hype.thanks JW

mbc663 wrote on June 2 2014, 1:42 PM: »

I dont know why this channel isnt getting more hype.thanks JW

I just got it added to the Unsupported Appstore on Saturday, so it might take some time for folks to find it.

• flowflow Posts: 313Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    why don't you release it to the official AppStore? It's great. Thank you!

I just updated the channel with a few things worth mentioning. First, I added a "I'm feeling lucky" radio station. This should work for both free and All Access accounts. I also did some testing with a free account and fixed a few bugs, namely with songs not playing correctly. I also hid Genres and Search from users who have free accounts. Those options only work for All Access members. If any one has any issues please let me know.

• maikmaik Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    jw totally has my blessing here. I just don't have the time to dedicate to the project and I wish him the best.
  • KrebbekxKrebbekx Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 2014

Really look forward to using this app!
    When I try to install on OSX PMS I got a criticial failure. (log file attached).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, keep up the great work.

Update, i was able to fix this exception by downloading the python 2.7 src any copying lib/distutils into the Libraries/Shared/ directory of the bundle

Krebbekx wrote on June 3 2014, 1:21 PM: »

Really look forward to using this app!
    When I try to install on OSX PMS I got a criticial failure. (log file attached).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, keep up the great work.

Update, i was able to fix this exception by downloading the python 2.7 src any copying lib/distutils into the Libraries/Shared/ directory of the bundle

I'm going to add disutils to the project so that others won't have to do this in the future. I'm not entirely sure why this didn't happen for me. I'm wondering if its because you are on a Mac and I am on Windows.

• 89mclarenstang89mclarenstang Posts: 28Members ✭✭

sadly this doesnt work for me...initially tried adding it to my mac server and it never showed up as a channel after trying to add it multiple times...tried restarting and nothing would come up.  then added it to my windows server and it showed up right away but after giving it my credentials and going into the artists folder it just sits spinning away and never loading any of my music....i dont have all access but others say it works fine for them....?  Any thoughts?