Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Google Music Channel

Comments

• DashitDashit Posts: 2 Plex Pass

update? maybe a donations will help with your development?

• shoguevarashoguevara Posts: 4 ✭✭

While @jwdempsey is examining @pablorusso 's commits (https://github.com/jwdempsey/GoogleMusic.bundle/pull/13#issuecomment-129426641) one can directly download fixed bundle version from this page - https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle/tree/update_gmusicapi_fix_login Just make sure you are using update_gmusicapi_fix_login branch.

• mbc663mbc663 Posts: 37 ✭✭

@shoguevara said:
    While jwdempsey is examining pablorusso 's commits (https://github.com/jwdempsey/GoogleMusic.bundle/pull/13#issuecomment-129426641) one can directly download fixed bundle version from this page - https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle/tree/update_gmusicapi_fix_login Just make sure you are using update_gmusicapi_fix_login branch.

FINALLY!!!!! u guys are awesome!!!!! thank u very much for all time involved! This was bothering me forever.

• ingoratsdorfingoratsdorf Posts: 4 Plex Pass
    edited August 2015

Unfortunately, Pablos version does not work for me on latest Plex Server Version 0.9.12.8:

2015-08-11 15:08:57,544 (-48f24900) : DEBUG (core:564) - Finished loading plug-in code
    2015-08-11 15:08:57,675 (-48f24900) : CRITICAL (core:613) - Exception starting plug-in (most recent call last):
    File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/core.py", line 606, in start
    File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/code/sandbox.py", line 256, in execute
    File "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Code/init.py", line 4, in
    from gmusic import GMusic, CallFailure, API
    File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/code/sandbox.py", line 345, in import
    ImportError: cannot import name _counter

Turns out it's the windows binary version of PyCrypto and I need the Linux binary version with _counter.so. Well, cool, but where to get.

Update: For all on Linux: You have to download Crypto from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pycrypto, and then build it: python setup.py build.
    Then copy the Crypto from the "build" directory to replace the Crypto directory from Pablo. Et voila, runs.

• TurgidsonTurgidson Posts: 1 ✭✭

The plug-in works again! I can confirm the pycrypto fix is needed to get everything up again. Once you've run the 'python setup.py build' command in your pycrypto source dir, the entire path to the folder you need to copy is 'build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/Crypto'. It needs to go into '/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Libraries/Shared' (I renamed my Google music bundle to the default name). Make sure you copy the 'Crypto' folder and not just the contents of it. Also make sure plex has proper access to it by doing 'sudo chown -R plex:plex Crypto' (or whatever user runs your Plex server). That covers it - @ingoratsdorf and @pablorusso : great to see more people getting involved with @jwdempsey's super plug-in :-)

• pablorussopablorusso Posts: 7 Plex Pass

Glad it worked!

As you already noticed, I have only included windows binaries thats why my fix will only work in windows plex servers. @jwdempsey was going to adapt it to osx so he probably can include the linux binaries also.

• mchristianmchristian Posts: 40 ✭✭

@Turgidson said:
    The plug-in works again! I can confirm the pycrypto fix is needed to get everything up again. Once you've run the 'python setup.py build' command in your pycrypto source dir, the entire path to the folder you need to copy is 'build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/Crypto'. It needs to go into '/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Libraries/Shared' (I renamed my Google music bundle to the default name). Make sure you copy the 'Crypto' folder and not just the contents of it. Also make sure plex has proper access to it by doing 'sudo chown -R plex:plex Crypto' (or whatever user runs your Plex server). That covers it - ingoratsdorf and pablorusso : great to see more people getting involved with jwdempsey's super plug-in :-)

Followed these instructions to the letter, still not working for me. Im running Ubuntu 15.04 and the most current version for Plex Media Server on a 32bit machine.

• Cscott35Cscott35 Posts: 8 ✭✭

I dont have that folder in my application support folder?

• SlinkynoseSlinkynose Posts: 42 Plex Pass

Pablorusso, thank you very much for all your effort on this channel.

I'm not sure I did the installation correctly, as the channel does not show in my Plex channels library (even after restarting the plex server).

Are there any other steps besides unzipping the file from Github into my plex plug in directory? My Plexdata folder is not in the standard location, does this affect functionality?

Plex data location should not affect, I am using a custom location myself.

Have you turned on the setting that allows plex to show incompatible plugins, may be thats needed, I am not sure.

• snubbssnubbs Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Hi,
    I have tried to use this Plugin on a debian based machine and am receiving a "This channel is not responding." error. I have used an application specific password and also complete the Crypto fix mentioned above. The log output is as below:

2015-09-13 15:34:09,894 (7fa772ead700) : DEBUG (runtime:717) - Handling request GET /music/googlemusic
    2015-09-13 15:34:09,910 (7fa772ead700) : DEBUG (runtime:814) - Found route matching /music/googlemusic
    2015-09-13 15:34:09,911 (7fa772ead700) : DEBUG (preferences:258) - Loaded preferences from DefaultPrefs.json
    2015-09-13 15:34:09,913 (7fa772ead700) : DEBUG (preferences:178) - Loaded the user preferences for com.plexapp.plugins.googlemusic
    2015-09-13 15:34:09,914 (7fa772ead700) : CRITICAL (runtime:883) - Exception (most recent call last):
    File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/components/runtime.py", line 843, in handle_request
    File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/handlers/base.py", line 111, in call
    File "/media/b66ba9d5-3c59-4920-aff3-7735074912ab/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Code/init.py", line 47, in MainMenu
    API.authenticate(Prefs['email'], Prefs['password'])
    File "/media/b66ba9d5-3c59-4920-aff3-7735074912ab/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Libraries/Shared/gmusic.py", line 56, in authenticate
    mcauthenticated = self._mobileclient.login(email, password, Mobileclient.FROM_MAC_ADDRESS)
    AttributeError: type object 'Mobileclient' has no attribute 'FROM_MAC_ADDRESS'

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    James

via Email
    It appears you are not using the latest version of the plugin with the fix.
    El El dom, 13 sept 2015 a las 11:37, snubbs
    escribió:

@pablorusso said:
    It appears you are not using the latest version of the plugin with the fix.
    El El dom, 13 sept 2015 a las 11:37, snubbs
    escribió:

I'll try it again tonight, but I'm pretty sure I've used the files from https://github.com/jwdempsey/GoogleMusic.bundle
    And
    https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle/tree/update_gmusicapi_fix_login
    Plus the Crypto fix. Does the above not match up with whats needed on Linux?

edited September 2015

You need only my branch, I don't think the fix was merged yet.
    You should be able to do something like this:

If you don't have git, "sudo apt-get install git" should fix it.

BTW, in the git pull request issue there is more detailed information on how to make the plugin work in linux, review it please: https://github.com/jwdempsey/GoogleMusic.bundle/pull/13

@pablorusso said:
    You need only my branch, I don't think the fix was merged yet.
    You should be able to do something like this:

If you don't have git, "sudo apt-get install git" should fix it.

BTW, in the git pull request issue there is more detailed information on how to make the plugin work in linux, review it please: https://github.com/jwdempsey/GoogleMusic.bundle/pull/13

Thank you for your detailed assistance. I've got a free evening tonight so will give it a bash and let you know.

Cheers, James

Just to provide an update;
    I've tried completing the fix however I'm having problems with building pycrypto:

File "setup.py", line 278, in run
    raise RuntimeError("autoconf error")
    RuntimeError: autoconf error

All the suggested fixes I can find online don't seem to work.. I wonder if its OS related as I'm using the Debian based OpenMediaVault. Oh well.

Thanks for your help & efforts!

• kitkat0981kitkat0981 Posts: 3 ✭✭

not sure what I am missing, but I downloaded the bundle, unzipped to the plugins folder (on Windows) and it wont show up in the channnels...?!?

• SlinkynoseSlinkynose Posts: 42 Plex Pass

kitkat, I am having the exact same problem. I could not find a setting for "show incompatible plug-ins" as Pablo suggested but I did check "Disable compatibility checking" and it did not help.

I also verified that no other google music plug in was still in my channel folder, I tried re-downloading and re-installing. I then saw that I was not on Pablos fork and went there to download again. None of this made the channel visible in PHT or PlexWeb or Android client.

I really have no idea what I am missing, but I am betting it is going to be pretty dumb when I figure it out.

• errkalerrkal Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited October 2015

I have this installed but I just get an error when opening that it isn't responding. I've added my username and pass into settings but I have two factor enabled on my Google account do I need to remove this to use this channel?

I've attached some logs

• andycqosandycqos Posts: 15 Plex Pass

I got the channel to work using the "fixed" version. However, Im now getting emails from google saying a login was attempted from an app that doesnt meet their security standards - full text below

Hi Andy,
    Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account xxxxxxxxx from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.
    Details:
    Friday, 23 October 2015 12:07 (British Summer Time)
    Dumfries, UK* We strongly recommend that you use a secure app, like Gmail, to access your account. All apps made by Google meet these security standards. Using a less secure app, on the other hand, could leave your account vulnerable. Learn more.

Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices: