If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Google Music Channel

Comments

• edmond.szeedmond.sze Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has anybody gotten this working on a Mac, OSX 10.11.2?

When using:
    the channel in the unsupported app store - it gives me "This Channel is Not Responding"
    https://github.com/jwdempsey/GoogleMusic.bundle - it gives me "This Channel is Not Responding"
    https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle/tree/update_gmusicapi_fix_login - It doesn't show under Channels.

I have two-stop authentication turned on and have generated an application specific password for the channel.

Please help, thank you.

• cryolithiccryolithic Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

ilovep you probably need the Crypto version that was linked on page 13. I needed it for the pablorusso version to work under linux. I would assume the same for Mac.

• unLiebunLieb Posts: 83Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@ilovep said:
    When using:
    the channel in the unsupported app store - it gives me "This Channel is Not Responding"
    https://github.com/jwdempsey/GoogleMusic.bundle - it gives me "This Channel is Not Responding"
    https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle/tree/update_gmusicapi_fix_login - It doesn't show under Channels.

Same problems on my Synology Diskstation! I don't unterstand what i've to do with the Crypto version that it works.

• cryolithiccryolithic Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ok, so here's what I did.
    I went to https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle/tree/update_gmusicapi_fix_login and downloaded the zip.
    from a root shell on my ubuntu box (I assume synology you can do the same...)
    assuming that you have GoogleMusic.bundle-update_gmusicapi_fix_login.zip and Crypto.zip in /home/root
    cd /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins cp /home/root/GoogleMusic.bundle-update_gmusicapi_fix_login.zip . unzip GoogleMusic.bundle-update_gmusicapi_fix_login.zip mv GoogleMusic.bundle-update_gmusicapi_fix_login.zip GoogleMusic.bundle cd GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Libraries/Shared mv Crypto Crypto-old cp /home/root/Crypto.zip . unzip Crypto.zip cd ../../.. chown -R plex:plex * where plex:plex is the plex user:group, an ls -L should show you the user/group of other items in that directory.

That ought to get it running.

• TufflawTufflaw Posts: 10Members ✭✭

I'm using the pablorusso fork and it's working perfectly with my google music account. However my wife wanted to link her google music account as well - rather than logging out and in every time we want to switch does anyone know of a way to have two of the same channel set up - one for each of our google accounts?

• jjrossjjross Posts: 393Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same issues as many of the other people. I've installed the plugin from here:

https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle/tree/update_gmusicapi_fix_login

and the channel isn't showing up in the list. I took a look at the logs and it seems there is an exception being thrown:

2016-01-05 13:59:45,003 (f7c) :  CRITICAL (core:574) - Exception starting plug-in (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Plug-ins-344f193\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\core.py", line 608, in start
        self.sandbox.execute(self.init_code)
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Plug-ins-344f193\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\code\sandbox.py", line 256, in execute
        exec(code) in self.environment
      File "F:\Plex\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Code\__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
        from gmusic import GMusic, CallFailure, API
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Plug-ins-344f193\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\code\sandbox.py", line 345, in __import__
        raise e
    ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Any idea which DLL it is looking for?

• Jhemsley30Jhemsley30 Posts: 1Members

Hello. Sorry for the lame question. You mentioned we need to add the user and password for google music, where and how would we do this? Thank you for the help.
    James

• ninja6o4ninja6o4 Posts: 199Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 2016

I'm using PMS 0.9.14.6 + Windows Server 2012 R2, and I'm stuck trying to get this to work with the free GMusic account, and have 2FA enabled. I can see and play my personal library that I've uploaded to GMusic, but if I go to Stations -> I'm Feeling Lucky, I get the Channel Not Responding error. None of my favourited Stations are visible, either.

Here is the snippet from the error log:
    2016-01-13 11:20:18,799 (760) : DEBUG (runtime:717) - Handling request GET /music/googlemusic/getstationtracks?name=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky+Radio&id=IFL 2016-01-13 11:20:18,799 (760) : DEBUG (runtime:814) - Found route matching /music/googlemusic/getstationtracks 2016-01-13 11:20:18,861 (760) : CRITICAL (core:574) - Exception (most recent call last): File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist-ninja/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/components/runtime.py", line 843, in handle_request File "S:\PlexData\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Code\__init__.py", line 350, in GetStationTracks tracks = API.get_station_tracks(id) File "S:\PlexData\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusic.py", line 206, in get_station_tracks tracks = self._mobileclient.get_station_tracks(id, num_tracks) File "S:\PlexData\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\clients\mobileclient.py", line 786, in get_station_tracks station_id, num_tracks, recently_played=recently_played) File "S:\PlexData\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\clients\shared.py", line 80, in _make_call return protocol.perform(self.session, self.validate, *args, **kwargs) File "S:\PlexData\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\protocol\shared.py", line 243, in perform log.debug(cls.filter_response(parsed_response)) File "S:\PlexData\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\protocol\mobileclient.py", line 799, in filter_response if 'stations' in filtered['data']: KeyError: 'data'
    I've tried:

Any suggestions are appreciated..

EDIT: So it seems that the free accounts for GMusic don't work. I signed up for the trial, and immediately all the genres and stations populated and streaming worked just fine. However, the I'm Feeling Lucky channel still won't play, but I won't be using that anyway.

@ninja6o4 said:
    I'm using PMS 0.9.14.6 + Windows Server 2012 R2, and I'm stuck trying to get this to work with the free GMusic account, and have 2FA enabled. I can see and play my personal library that I've uploaded to GMusic, but if I go to Stations -> I'm Feeling Lucky, I get the Channel Not Responding error. None of my favourited Stations are visible, either.

Here is the snippet from the error log:
    2016-01-13 11:20:18,799 (760) : DEBUG (runtime:717) - Handling request GET /music/googlemusic/getstationtracks?name=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky+Radio&id=IFL 2016-01-13 11:20:18,799 (760) : DEBUG (runtime:814) - Found route matching /music/googlemusic/getstationtracks 2016-01-13 11:20:18,861 (760) : CRITICAL (core:574) - Exception (most recent call last): File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist-ninja/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/components/runtime.py", line 843, in handle_request File "S:\PlexData\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Code\__init__.py", line 350, in GetStationTracks tracks = API.get_station_tracks(id) File "S:\PlexData\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusic.py", line 206, in get_station_tracks tracks = self._mobileclient.get_station_tracks(id, num_tracks) File "S:\PlexData\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\clients\mobileclient.py", line 786, in get_station_tracks station_id, num_tracks, recently_played=recently_played) File "S:\PlexData\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\clients\shared.py", line 80, in _make_call return protocol.perform(self.session, self.validate, *args, **kwargs) File "S:\PlexData\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\protocol\shared.py", line 243, in perform log.debug(cls.filter_response(parsed_response)) File "S:\PlexData\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\protocol\mobileclient.py", line 799, in filter_response if 'stations' in filtered['data']: KeyError: 'data'
    I've tried:

Any suggestions are appreciated..

EDIT: So it seems that the free accounts for GMusic don't work. I signed up for the trial, and immediately all the genres and stations populated and streaming worked just fine. However, the I'm Feeling Lucky channel still won't play, but I won't be using that anyway.

So how did you get the channel to show in the list?

edited January 2016

@jjross said:

The feeling lucky channel? It was already there. It's now listed among the favourited stations I have set up, but it doesn't work if I click on it. The stations do.

@ninja6o4 said:

@jjross said:

The feeling lucky channel? It was already there. It's now listed among the favourited stations I have set up, but it doesn't work if I click on it. The stations do.

No, sorry, I can't even get the GMusic Channel to show up in Plex. I copy all the files into the correct folder but nothing ever shows up.

@jjross said:

No, sorry, I can't even get the GMusic Channel to show up in Plex. I copy all the files into the correct folder but nothing ever shows up.

Oh I see. It just goes into the same location as other channels. If you aren't familiar, review these:
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201187656-How-do-I-manually-install-a-channel-
    and
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201106098

I renamed the folder to "GoogleMusic.bundle" and restart PMS. Then it should be an available channel, and you can hit the Gear icon to enter your credentials. and away you go!

@ninja6o4 said:

@jjross said:

Oh I see. It just goes into the same location as other channels. If you aren't familiar, review these:
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201187656-How-do-I-manually-install-a-channel-
    and
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201106098

I renamed the folder to "GoogleMusic.bundle" and restart PMS. Then it should be an available channel, and you can hit the Gear icon to enter your credentials. and away you go!

See it's so strange because I did that and it never showed up. The logs show that it's looking for a DLL.

edited January 2016

Sorry, I'm not sure what that could be..
    If you can, you should try a clean install of PMS on your computer (or another) and see if you can get the channel to work on its own. Might give you a clue to look for.

• ethanhunt202ethanhunt202 Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I think I may have cracked why it's not working for me. It appears to have been compiled for 64 bit and my ReadyNAS ia only 32 bit:

File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/core.py", line 606, in start
    File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/code/sandbox.py", line 256, in execute
    File "/c/.plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Code/init.py", line 4, in
    from gmusic import GMusic, CallFailure, API
    File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/code/sandbox.py", line 345, in import
    ImportError: /c/.plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Libraries/Shared/Crypto/Util/_counter.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

I'm not a coder or anything, but I googled that last line and a few pages for different things said the same thing. Anyone know how to recompile the bundle for 32bit?

Ok, no idea what happened but it just started showing up for me. I guess maybe a new server version fixed something? No idea.

All I know is it wasn't there until today. I did upgrade last night to the latest server version. Maybe that kicked something into working. No more errors about looking for DLL.

This is a great plugin. Thank you. It gives me Gmusic on my ATV without using AirPlay.

• anortiz08anortiz08 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jjross - I am seeing the same behavior on Windows Server 2012 R2 Std. (PMS 0.9.15.2) regarding the missing DLL after adding the Google Music channel to my plugins directory. Here is the log snippet:

2016-01-26 09:40:54,938 (17fc) : CRITICAL (core:574) - Exception starting plug-in (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Plug-ins-7efd046\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\core.py", line 608, in start self.sandbox.execute(self.init_code) File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Plug-ins-7efd046\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\code\sandbox.py", line 256, in execute exec(code) in self.environment File "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Code\__init__.py", line 4, in <module> from gmusic import GMusic, CallFailure, API File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Plug-ins-7efd046\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\code\sandbox.py", line 345, in __import__ raise e ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I tried repairing the Plex Media Server install to rule out a faulty PMS install but still no luck.

I don't know why mine started working. I wish it did.

Do you have Python on the machine?

• ethanhunt202ethanhunt202 Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

HOORAY!! Got it working!!

I've been fooling around with my ReadyNas today, but what I did was:

1: Download the fixed version of the plugin
    2: Download Crypto.zip from page 13 of this thread
    3. Delete the crypto folder in the plugin and replace it with the new version from the zip
    4. SSH into my NAS and delete the logs from PMS Plugin Logs
    5. Copy the newly merged .bundle into plugins and it magically appeared
    6. I use two factor authentication, so I created an application specific password, added my username and that password and hey presto, I'm in.

Very happy bunny now

• lapastillarojalapastillaroja Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi!

I was also unable tu make this plugin work in Mac. After read this thread I was able to make it work compiling Crypto in Mac and replacing pablorusso's Crypto library.

My modified version is available in github, feel free to use it. Feedback is welcome!

https://github.com/lapastillaroja/GoogleMusic.bundle