If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Google Music Channel

Comments

• nebbiadigiornonebbiadigiorno Posts: 352Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i am not a linux user. and i don't think to use a vm, less power for my server.

• suryaxyzsuryaxyz Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Anybody have a solution to run this channel on Freenas? I downloaded the bundle from this link:

https://github.com/jez500/GoogleMusic.bundle

No luck - The channel doesn't show up

Some additional details:
    Freenas Build: FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201604181743 (74ef270)
    Plex version: 0.9.16.4

Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks

• themadcatthemadcat Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

Hello, I was wondering if someone had forked a branch of this crypto fix for QNAP? I am having some issues with the channel being unresponsive and while I have 2-factor auth enabled, I have added an insecure app password for the google music plugin. Here are my logs below:

2016-04-29 21:37:55,671 (-4be4fb70) : DEBUG (runtime:717) - Handling request GET /music/googlemusic
    2016-04-29 21:37:55,690 (-4be4fb70) : DEBUG (runtime:814) - Found route matching /music/googlemusic
    2016-04-29 21:37:56,435 (-4be4fb70) : CRITICAL (runtime:889) - Exception (most recent call last):
    File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/PlexMediaServer/Resources/Plug-ins-ee6e505/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/components/runtime.py", line 843, in handle_request
    result = f(**d)
    File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/PlexMediaServer/Resources/Plug-ins-ee6e505/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/handlers/base.py", line 111, in call
    result = self.func(*args, **kwargs)
    File "/root/Library/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Code/__init__.py", line 47, in MainMenu
    API.authenticate(Prefs['email'], Prefs['password'])
    File "/root/Library/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Libraries/Shared/gmusic.py", line 66, in authenticate
    self._set_all_access()
    File "/root/Library/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Libraries/Shared/gmusic.py", line 38, in _set_all_access
    settings = self._webclient._make_call(webclient.GetSettings, '')
    File "/root/Library/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Libraries/Shared/gmusicapi/clients/shared.py", line 80, in _make_call
    return protocol.perform(self.session, self.validate, *args, **kwargs)
    File "/root/Library/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Libraries/Shared/gmusicapi/protocol/shared.py", line 208, in perform
    response = session.send(req_kwargs, cls.required_auth)
    File "/root/Library/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Libraries/Shared/gmusicapi/session.py", line 81, in send
    raise NotLoggedIn
    NotLoggedIn

2016-04-29 21:37:56,449 (-4be4fb70) : DEBUG (runtime:88) - Sending packed state data (112 bytes)
    2016-04-29 21:37:56,454 (-4be4fb70) : DEBUG (runtime:924) - Response: [500] 1709 bytes

Thanks for the help.

• themadcatthemadcat Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

Additional information: I am running PMS 0.9.16.4 on QNAP; latest google music bundle was installed from the UAS.

• mundzmundz Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@nebbiadigiorno said:
    i am not a linux user. and i don't think to use a vm, less power for my server.

Well then you really don't want it that bad. Google and or one of the many guides on the net show you how to set it up

• mundzmundz Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2016

Has anyone managed to get this channel to work with DLNA. I can listen to it perfectly from RASPLEX and Web but when i try and stream it from DLNA the DLNA server on plex dies. I can see my playlists and it even trys to stream then just skips the song or says unable to read file depending on which device i use.

The DLNA devices will stream a MP3 file perfectly from a share presented within Plex so i highly confused about what's going on here.

The DLNA logs seem to shed little light on why it wont play.

• HephaestusMediaHephaestusMedia Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

is there multi user support? or must all shared plex users have access to 1 google music account

• distearthdistearth Posts: 82Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just so I'm sure. This does not work anymore, right? I've installed the Mac version on my Mac Mini server and it loads but fails to respond.

• tybak88tybak88 Posts: 1Members

@distearth said:
    Just so I'm sure. This does not work anymore, right? I've installed the Mac version on my Mac Mini server and it loads but fails to respond.

Use this instead for now:
    https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle/tree/update_gmusicapi_fix_login

• dstarhdstarh Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@tybak88 said:

@distearth said:

Use this instead for now:
    https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle/tree/update_gmusicapi_fix_login

This doesn't work for me either on osx, I always get "This channel is not responding"

• sysfssysfs Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Im on FreeBSD (NAS4Free) but it works for me after i followed the directions below.

https://github.com/jwdempsey/GoogleMusic.bundle/issues/12#issuecomment-211016373

• iaing80iaing80 Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Unable to get this working, installed via WebTools running on Windows.
    Channel just shows as not responding. I created an application password as I have all of Googles security features enabled.
    I have used this in the past on other apps and not seen an issue.
    Please see attached log.

• cloverandgrapecloverandgrape Posts: 2Members

I'm trying to get this going on Ubuntu 14.04... any thoughts on this error?

2016-08-06 06:12:32,359 (7fa9393d9740) :  CRITICAL (core:613) - Exception starting plug-in (most recent call last):
      File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/core.py", line 606, in start
      File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/code/sandbox.py", line 256, in execute
      File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/GoogleMusic.bundle/Contents/Code/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
        from gmusic import GMusic, CallFailure, API
      File "bundles-release/Framework.bundle-dist/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/code/sandbox.py", line 345, in __import__
    ImportError: cannot import name _counter

• cloverandgrapecloverandgrape Posts: 2Members

Ahhh.. figured that one out, sorry, buried on page 12 -- I replaced the bundled pycrypto with the linux one and shbang, it works.

I'm getting a 500 error when browsing stations -- is that a known bug?

• quadguy300quadguy300 Posts: 1Members

Hi - I just installed this channel and most of it works great. For some reason though I can't get Stations to work properly. It just says "This Channel Is Not Responding." I've reinstalled the bundle a few times, but to no avail. All of my music and playlists show up, but anything associated with Google Radio gives me an error message.

• SynnersamSynnersam Posts: 1Members

same here....everything works but the stations section....getting channel not responding as well.

• WillizxyWillizxy Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@iaing80 said:
    Unable to get this working, installed via WebTools running on Windows.
    Channel just shows as not responding. I created an application password as I have all of Googles security features enabled.
    I have used this in the past on other apps and not seen an issue.
    Please see attached log.

I've got the same issue. Anyone have any ideas for us windows users?

• pablorussopablorusso Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Only for plex running in windows, I have published an updated version that fixes the stations section.
    You can get it @ https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle - master

This version won't work in macOS or Linux (someone should update pycryptodomex binaries for those platforms), so don't bother trying :-)

Enjoy.

• nebbiadigiornonebbiadigiorno Posts: 352Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@pablorusso said:
    Only for plex running in windows, I have published an updated version that fixes the stations section.
    You can get it @ https://github.com/pablorusso/GoogleMusic.bundle - master

This version won't work in macOS or Linux (someone should update pycryptodomex binaries for those platforms), so don't bother trying :-)

Enjoy.

OMG!! Thanks a lot!

• WillizxyWillizxy Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Cheers Pablo I can confirm that this works.