Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Google Music Channel

1121314151618»

Comments

• yanis.sauve@gmail.comyanis.sauve@gmail.com Posts: 2Members

Confirmed. Latest PMS on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, did not need to Install/Update crypto. Plugin works and plays music, but the channels section does not.

• mundzmundz Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would love someone to update the plugin for linux to enable stations also. Would really be appreciated.

• mojodmonkeymojodmonkey Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2016

I second mundz' request. This would be a big help to have the stations enabled in linux as well, not sure why doesn't work, but its a great feature.

But I guess I should edit the post to mention that I have the version from: https://github.com/jez500/GoogleMusic.bundle
    working on latest version of PMS (1.3.3.3165) running on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

• IndefiniteBenIndefiniteBen Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've tried several different versions from all over GitHub on Windows 10 with Plex Server 1.3.3.3148 and kept getting the "This channel is not responding right now" error using 2FA, and then I found the version from FractalBrew and the plugin responds and I can load radio stations.
    Unfortunately it only actually plays songs in the Plex web app; elsewhere it loads the song list and album art, but the song just sits at 00:00 and eventually times out.

• mundzmundz Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@IndefiniteBen said:
    I've tried several different versions from all over GitHub on Windows 10 with Plex Server 1.3.3.3148 and kept getting the "This channel is not responding right now" error using 2FA, and then I found the version from FractalBrew and the plugin responds and I can load radio stations.
    Unfortunately it only actually plays songs in the Plex web app; elsewhere it loads the song list and album art, but the song just sits at 00:00 and eventually times out.

Use it on Linux so much easier.

• coldvodkacoldvodka Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Has anyone gotten this to work on Synology NAS running the latest Plex server build? I tried to install Google Music channel bundle from the UAS, and then copying the bundle contents jez500 and FractalBrew plugins, but it doesn't work. Best I can get to is have the channel show up, but can never sign in. Shows as "channel not responding"

• phreaqphreaq Posts: 23Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 18

I use this channel daily, once again, thanks.

quick question, is there a way to remove/delete stations?

I have around 165 currently, and want to trim them. I imagine it's done on the google play side of things, and then refreshing the library, but I'm not finding a method that works

Edit: I only have 11 stations in 'my library' within google play.

well, since no one answered my question above, I gave up waiting and made the change myself :)

my fork removes the 'Stations' menu option, and replaces it with two other options; Recent Stations, and My Stations.

The Recent's are any and all stations you've listened to (an ever growing list), and My Station's is only stations in your library (a potential short list of your favorites)

https://github.com/phreaq/GoogleMusic.bundle

• tinba12tinba12 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does this work with Two Factor? I have tried both my normal password and the app password, but i get the following in the log

2017-02-04 23:42:36,157 (1038) :  DEBUG (runtime:88) - Sending packed state data (112 bytes)
    2017-02-04 23:42:36,157 (1038) :  DEBUG (runtime:924) - Response: [500] 1659 bytes
    2017-02-04 23:48:33,167 (457c) :  DEBUG (runtime:717) - Handling request GET /music/googlemusic
    2017-02-04 23:48:33,167 (457c) :  DEBUG (runtime:814) - Found route matching /music/googlemusic
    2017-02-04 23:48:33,618 (457c) :  CRITICAL (core:574) - Exception (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Plug-ins-b46e0ea\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\components\runtime.py", line 843, in handle_request
        result = f(**d)
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Plug-ins-b46e0ea\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\handlers\base.py", line 111, in call
        result = self.func(*args, **kwargs)
      File "F:\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Code\__init__.py", line 47, in MainMenu
        API.authenticate(Prefs['email'], Prefs['password'])
      File "F:\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusic.py", line 66, in authenticate
        self._set_all_access()
      File "F:\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusic.py", line 38, in _set_all_access
        settings = self._webclient._make_call(webclient.GetSettings, '')
      File "F:\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\clients\shared.py", line 80, in _make_call
        return protocol.perform(self.session, self.validate, *args, **kwargs)
      File "F:\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\protocol\shared.py", line 208, in perform
        response = session.send(req_kwargs, cls.required_auth)
      File "F:\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\session.py", line 81, in send
        raise NotLoggedIn
    NotLoggedIn

2017-02-04 23:48:33,618 (457c) :  DEBUG (runtime:88) - Sending packed state data (112 bytes)
    2017-02-04 23:48:33,618 (457c) :  DEBUG (runtime:924) - Response: [500] 1659 bytes

• mojodmonkeymojodmonkey Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@tinba12 , I've managed to get this channel working with my 2fa enabled google account simply by creating an app password. I'm using Ubuntu.

• @phreaq said:
    well, since no one answered my question above, I gave up waiting and made the change myself :)

my fork removes the 'Stations' menu option, and replaces it with two other options; Recent Stations, and My Stations.

The Recent's are any and all stations you've listened to (an ever growing list), and My Station's is only stations in your library (a potential short list of your favorites)

https://github.com/phreaq/GoogleMusic.bundle

Hi, im recently installed you fork. I had to replace Cryptodome library to get things working, but thats not a problem for me, but not for many others, i think. And also can you add some auto-playlists to menu, like "Thumbs Up" and "Recently added", that whould be fine. I don't want to make another fork for it, and yours work fine for me.

@yakuba.alexander@gmail.com said:
    ...I had to replace Cryptodome library to get things working...

Where did you get tht from, I can add it to my fork if need be.

I'll see what I can do about the Thumbs Up.

Recently added should be working as is, no?

• hugolosthugolost Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Why can i not use the Goole Plugin Headless?

When i want to use my Smartphone or Tablet to use the Google Music Plugin i dont hear Music. When i use Google Music directly on my Plex Player it worked.

@hugolost said:

When i want to use my Smartphone or Tablet to use the Google Music Plugin i dont hear Music. When i use Google Music directly on my Plex Player it worked.

??

because this is a plex add in, so there for it needs plex.

why not just use the Google Play Music app, and bypass Plex altogther?

• trippett@gmail.comtrippett@gmail.com Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey so I installed The app on my unraid server and I have had no luck getting it to run. I get the channel is not responding in plex. any ideas ? anything i can try to get this working? I attached the log

@trippett@gmail.com said:
    Hey so I installed The app on my unraid server and I have had no luck getting it to run. I get the channel is not responding in plex. any ideas ? anything i can try to get this working? I attached the log

Have you put your credentials in? Select the gear icon for the add in with Channels.

• trippett@gmail.comtrippett@gmail.com Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes I have. I have to add a app specific password though

• hugolosthugolost Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@phreaq said:

@hugolost said:

??

because this is a plex add in, so there for it needs plex.

why not just use the Google Play Music app, and bypass Plex altogther?

How can i do that? I have in the living room only one RPI. And under Rasplex i cant install any other things.

• jruderjruder Posts: 1Members

I cannot get this working, all it responds with is Channel Not Responding

Here is the log file (password removed)

Any ideas?

Log File:
    017-03-17 11:11:33,668 (40fc) : DEBUG (runtime:717) - Handling request GET /music/googlemusic/:/prefs/set?password=*********
    2017-03-17 11:11:33,670 (40fc) : DEBUG (runtime:49) - Received packed state data (80 bytes)
    2017-03-17 11:11:33,670 (40fc) : DEBUG (runtime:814) - Found route matching /music/googlemusic/:/prefs/set
    2017-03-17 11:11:33,671 (40fc) : DEBUG (preferences:198) - Saved the user preferences
    2017-03-17 11:11:33,673 (40fc) : DEBUG (runtime:88) - Sending packed state data (112 bytes)
    2017-03-17 11:11:33,673 (40fc) : DEBUG (runtime:924) - Response: [200] bool, 0 bytes
    2017-03-17 11:11:35,878 (3474) : DEBUG (runtime:717) - Handling request GET /music/googlemusic
    2017-03-17 11:11:35,880 (3474) : DEBUG (runtime:49) - Received packed state data (80 bytes)
    2017-03-17 11:11:35,880 (3474) : DEBUG (runtime:814) - Found route matching /music/googlemusic
    2017-03-17 11:11:36,155 (3474) : CRITICAL (core:574) - Exception (most recent call last):
    File "E:\Install Files\Plex\Resources\Plug-ins-edef59192\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\components\runtime.py", line 843, in handle_request
    result = f(**d)
    File "E:\Install Files\Plex\Resources\Plug-ins-edef59192\Framework.bundle\Contents\Resources\Versions\2\Python\Framework\handlers\base.py", line 111, in call
    result = self.func(*args, **kwargs)
    File "C:\Users\jruder\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Code__init__.py", line 47, in MainMenu
    API.authenticate(Prefs['email'], Prefs['password'])
    File "C:\Users\jruder\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusic.py", line 66, in authenticate
    self._set_all_access()
    File "C:\Users\jruder\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusic.py", line 38, in _set_all_access
    settings = self._webclient._make_call(webclient.GetSettings, '')
    File "C:\Users\jruder\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\clients\shared.py", line 80, in _make_call
    return protocol.perform(self.session, self.validate, *args, **kwargs)
    File "C:\Users\jruder\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\protocol\shared.py", line 208, in perform
    response = session.send(req_kwargs, cls.required_auth)
    File "C:\Users\jruder\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\GoogleMusic.bundle\Contents\Libraries\Shared\gmusicapi\session.py", line 81, in send
    raise NotLoggedIn
    NotLoggedIn

2017-03-17 11:11:36,157 (3474) : DEBUG (runtime:88) - Sending packed state data (112 bytes)
    2017-03-17 11:11:36,157 (3474) : DEBUG (runtime:924) - Response: [500] 1777 bytes