Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Netflix won't stream instant queue

friedflixfriedflix Posts: 1,955Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
I started another thread with the same issue but it seems to have died. Netflix basically won't start playing any movie from my instant queue, it just hangs after you select the movie....anyone else? any update?

Comments

• airdeckairdeck Posts: 1Members
    yeah, i've been having the same issue too

cfriedberg wrote on 03 December 2009 - 09:27 PM:

I started another thread with the same issue but it seems to have died. Netflix basically won't start playing any movie from my instant queue, it just hangs after you select the movie....anyone else? any update?
  • fhqwhgadsfhqwhgads Posts: 28Members ✭✭
    Working here. Does Netflix streaming work in Safari for you?
  • friedflixfriedflix Posts: 1,955Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    fhqwhgads wrote on 04 December 2009 - 08:50 AM:

Working here. Does Netflix streaming work in Safari for you?

Yep. if it didn't is there a known fix?
  • fhqwhgadsfhqwhgads Posts: 28Members ✭✭
    Netflix streaming not working anywhere vs. not working in Plex only would require different troubleshooting...
    figured it out, silverlight wasn't installed properly. for those having problems, trying streaming from safari first, odds are if silverlight isn't installed properly and it doesn't play that's your culprit.
  • gmenhorngmenhorn Posts: 6Members
    cfriedberg wrote on 04 December 2009 - 06:56 PM:

figured it out, silverlight wasn't installed properly. for those having problems, trying streaming from safari first, odds are if silverlight isn't installed properly and it doesn't play that's your culprit.

That didn't work for me. I can stream in Safari and in Boxee without any issues. This has worked before, was broken, and then worked again for a while, and now is broken again. I'll be happy to provide any additional information to the developer since it easily reproducible.

--
    George
    just tried netflix instant queue in plex, no dice, won't start up, however, i can watch movies through my browser in safari
  • theGimpiesttheGimpiest Posts: 15Members

This worked for me. I think it's a cache/cookie issue.

now not working....:(
    theGimpiest wrote on 11 December 2009 - 05:52 AM:

This worked for me. I think it's a cache/cookie issue.

it maybe, but now its not working...was as you can see a few days ago, not anymore....
    cfriedberg wrote on 11 December 2009 - 06:06 AM:

it maybe, but now its not working...was as you can see a few days ago, not anymore....

and today it is...go figure.
  • theGimpiesttheGimpiest Posts: 15Members
    I got an email from Netflix asking if I had recently had problems streaming movies. They provided a link to offer some sort of credit on my next bill. So they must have been aware of some issues.
  • Wildcat_1Wildcat_1 Posts: 154Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    theGimpiest wrote on 13 December 2009 - 02:44 AM:

I got an email from Netflix asking if I had recently had problems streaming movies. They provided a link to offer some sort of credit on my next bill. So they must have been aware of some issues.

I see different issues with this today. FIrst it went to the blue Silverlight swirly thing then went to a Red Netflix Screen (the one you usually see stating 'acquiring content license' but nothing else. Anyone else got this to work yet ?