If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

CUE+Flac audio format support

ihorhdihorhd Posts: 2Members

Hello Guys, 

Is there any possible way to add cue+flac(wav, ape, wv) file format support to the Plex Media Server?

I think a lot of people have the same question...

WBR, Igor.

Comments

• MPacey87MPacey87 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have my entire music collection as single Wav+ cue file per album. I tried to import my music with this structure. It did not work as I had hoped. It would be terrific if Plex could properly index and catalog albums in the single wav+cue structure.

• mydutchcloudmydutchcloud Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@MPacey87 said:
    I have my entire music collection as single Wav+ cue file per album. I tried to import my music with this structure. It did not work as I had hoped. It would be terrific if Plex could properly index and catalog albums in the single wav+cue structure.

Same problem here

• pdxubarupdxubaru Posts: 183Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

ports/audio/shntool

shnsplit -f filename.cue -t %p\ -\ %a\ %n\ -\ %t -o flac filename.flac

this will output a flac files-
    Artist - Album Track No - Title.flac

you can change everything between "-t" and "filename.flac"
    the man pages have the various flags and options for munging the filenames.

I'm 36. Sorry if I misuse munging.

• shamahnshamahn Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

aschmidtm Thank you!
    But you need 2 times more space to store your media: the original image and tracks for the player

But this solution is better than nothing.