Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"watch later" bookmarklet

RichRich Posts: 14Members
my brief flirtation with boxee beta is over, and i'm back to plex. despite some nice eye candy, boxee just isn't ready for primetime. however, one great idea they implemented was the 'boxee bookmarklet': http://blog.boxee.tv/2010/01/07/the-boxee-bookmarklet-add-web-videos-to-your-boxee-queue-in-one-click/

it's like Instapaper's "read later" bookmarklet, except for video. i.e. you're on youtube and don't want to watch the video on your mac, so you click the bookmarklet and the video is queued to watch in boxee. except in Plex's case, it's probably queue up into an app.

anyways, i thought that was a killer feature and wanted to suggest it here.

Comments

• cnfcnf Posts: 139Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Rich wrote on 11 January 2010 - 07:29 AM:

my brief flirtation with boxee beta is over, and i'm back to plex. despite some nice eye candy, boxee just isn't ready for primetime. however, one great idea they implemented was the 'boxee bookmarklet': http://blog.boxee.tv/2010/01/07/the-boxee-bookmarklet-add-web-videos-to-your-boxee-queue-in-one-click/

it's like Instapaper's "read later" bookmarklet, except for video. i.e. you're on youtube and don't want to watch the video on your mac, so you click the bookmarklet and the video is queued to watch in boxee. except in Plex's case, it's probably queue up into an app.

anyways, i thought that was a killer feature and wanted to suggest it here.

100%, absolutely +1 from me!!
  • MrAcidMrAcid Posts: 185Members, Plex Pass
    Yep! +1 Very nice!
  • ctjunkerctjunker Posts: 111Members
    edited January 2010
    Doesn't Plex already do this? You can queue Youtube videos in the plugin, then hit space later in the videos section to bring up the playlist and watch them.

Oh, on second read you mean from your browser for use in Plex. Youtube has a playlist feature and you can gain RSS access to it, but I'm not sure how that can be implemented in Plex. I'd love to see this implemented if it could work.
  • phunkysaiphunkysai Posts: 1,118Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    In the meantime, you could add your personal youtube RSS feed to the new RSS app in Plex, and then have to your favorites and such...
  • olaola Posts: 4Members
    this is one of the best features of boxee.. and plex doesn't have it.

not all videos are from youtube, in fact, most of the videos I consume come from different sources.. this would be awesome
  • ernieernie Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    +1
    A great feature!
    It has made my try to figure out how to start boxee from inside plex just to use it.
    But I can't get them to stop fighting over who controls the remote.
  • audibleblinkaudibleblink Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    +1. Searched this a while back. Still no new posts.
  • pooploserpooploser Plex Ninja Posts: 958Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    +++++11111111
  • globuzeglobuze Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Great idea in Plex ecosystem.

+1!
  • audibleblinkaudibleblink Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hell, I think a simple Pinboard or Instapaper addin might even be better.
    The new instapaper for iPad recognizes a youtube bookmark as a video and displays it on the homepage as such.
  • cooprcoopr Posts: 6Members ✭✭
    +2 - same here, I'm done with Boxee, want to return to Plex, but am having a hard time giving up the "Add to Boxee to watch later" bookmarklet - any news on a solution for folks like me?
  • cooprcoopr Posts: 6Members ✭✭
    Uh, so am I an idiot? How'd I miss the answer to this question - it is right here! https://my.plexapp.com/queue/help :)
  • tarugotarugo Posts: 4Members
    There's any chance to link "Watch Later" feature of YouTube to "My Queue" of Plex ?? That's be a killer!