Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"This package does not contain a digital signature"

bengt.walerudbengt.walerud Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Try to install newest version of Plex Media Server (plexpass) on my Synology and receives the message in the title. Have not had this problem before. Running DSM 5.1. Anyone knows what the problem is??

Comments

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 15,738Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member
    edited November 2014

DSM has some new additional security mechanisms in it.   It sounds like one of them isn't working right/is overly strict and didn't recognize Plex as a valid/non-intrusive piece of software and blocked it.    It would make sense, given DSM 5.1 was just released from beta-test.  I only received the DSM 5.1 upgrade notice this AM.

Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested

Please search before posting

Primary support forums: Linux, Synology, and QNAP

Please remember to report back. This benefits others.

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Handling TV Specials | Handling Movie extras  |  Nas Compatibility List

Reporting Plex Server issues | Plex Media Server FAQ | Linux Tips

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

No technical support via PM unless offered

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

• northshadownorthshadow Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Open the Package Manager then click on the Settings button.

In General, set the Trust Level to Any Publisher and you will be able to update.

• salladensalladen Posts: 4Members

I tried the suggested solution and set to "Any...". Then when executing manual installation I get the error message that the file isn't supported ( xxxx.spk).

• trumpy81trumpy81 Posts: 9,423Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

What NAS do you have?

Regards,
    Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks
  • bengt.walerudbengt.walerud Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    northshadow wrote on November 7 2014, 5:18 PM: »

In General, set the Trust Level to Any Publisher and you will be able to update.

Thanks! This worked.

• bengt.walerudbengt.walerud Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    trumpy81 wrote on November 7 2014, 11:39 PM: »

What NAS do you have?

412+

wabe wrote on November 8 2014, 5:00 AM: »

412+

Sorry Wabe, but my question was directed at Salladen.

Regards,
    Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks
    I've Ds415+.
    salladen wrote on November 9 2014, 10:28 AM: »

I've Ds415+.

Before you can install Plex on your DS415+ you have to modify the .spk file. You need to rename the file to .gzip then extract the 'info' file and modify it. You need to add 'avoton' to the arch= line like so:

arch="x86 cedarview bromolow evansport avoton"

When that is done, place the 'info' file back into the .gzip file and then rename the file back to .spk. Then you will be able to manually install Plex.

Hopefully, this will not be necessary when the next version of Plex is released.

Regards,
    Andy M.

• nibsuknibsuk Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I'm trying to get Plex installed on a Synology DS414slim & none of the suggestions here seem to be working. Can anyone shed any light please?

Many Thanks

Nibs

edited November 2014

You do not need to follow the steps in this thread. The steps presented here apply only to the new DS415+, DS1515+ and DS1815+ models.

In fact, you cannot install Plex at all on the DS414Slim, the CPU in that NAS is NOT supported by Plex. Sorry about that. :(

See this thread you are not alone: https://forums.plex.tv/topic/103557-plex-support-for-ds214-ds214-and-ds414/

Regards,
    Andy M.

• zyblozyblo Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    northshadow wrote on November 7 2014, 5:18 PM: »

Thanks! That solved it for me. I'm running a DS412+ with DSM 5.1

• AmoksenAmoksen Posts: 182Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    trumpy81 wrote on November 20 2014, 4:06 PM: »

In fact, you cannot install Plex at all on the DS414Slim, the CPU in that NAS is NOT supported by Plex. Sorry about that. :(

Ouch, hopefully you just don't bought this NAS for Plex ...

Good to know not to recommend this NAS for anybody willing to use it with Plex in the future

Hi Andy

Finally I used some valuable free--time to try to get it to work by adding the string to the arch= line. Didn't help. Maybe it has to do with  that I today upgraded to 5.1-5004 Update 2 ?! So I still get the "Invalid file format".

edited December 2014

If using a Windows machine, follow these steps precisely:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of 7zip installed on the PC

2. Download a fresh copy of Plex 0.9.11.4 from the website

3. Rename the package to PlexMediaServer-0.9.11.4.739-a4e710f-x86.gzip

4. In Windows Explorer (File Explorer Win8+) right click on the package and select open. Windows will ask if you want to download a program to open the file, choose the second option, open with a program on your computer, and in the 'Open with' dialog, Navigate to program files/7zip and choose the '7zFM.exe' file.

5. In the 7zip window, left click and drag the INFO file to your desktop.

6. Right click on the INFO file and select open, Windows will ask if you want to download a program to open the file, choose the second option and in the 'Open with' dialog, choose Notepad.

7. In Notepad, adjust the arch= line to read like this: arch="x86 cedarview bromolow evansport avoton"

8. In the Notepad 'File' Menu, choose 'Save' Then close notepad.

9. Click on the INFO file on your desktop and drag it back into the 7zip window. 7zip will ask if you want to copy the file to the archive, Click Yes/OK.

10. Close the 7zip window.

11. Rename the package to PlexMediaServer-0.9.11.4.739-a4e710f-x86.spk

12. You should be good to go.

Note: You do not specifically save the package in 7zip, after you click to allow copying of the file the archive is already saved and modified.

If you are using a Mac, you need to use Keka instead and be mindful that the Mac does not auto change the double quotes " in the text file. The steps should be similar on the Mac though.

Let me know how it goes OK.

Regards,
    Andy M.

Hi again. I found the solution in the "DS415+ support?" thread.

I unpacked the .spk file with 7zip and modified INFO file. I then re-packed it BUT I didn't use TAR-method.

When I packed with tar and then renamed the zip-archive to .spk again it worked.

• ltdxdtlltdxdtl Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass
    trumpy81 wrote on December 1 2014, 10:33 PM: »

If using a Windows machine, follow these steps precisely:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of 7zip installed on the PC

2. Download a fresh copy of Plex 0.9.11.4 from the website

3. Rename the package to PlexMediaServer-0.9.11.4.739-a4e710f-x86.gzip

4. In Windows Explorer (File Explorer Win8+) right click on the package and select open. Windows will ask if you want to download a program to open the file, choose the second option, open with a program on your computer, and in the 'Open with' dialog, Navigate to program files/7zip and choose the '7zFM.exe' file.

5. In the 7zip window, left click and drag the INFO file to your desktop.

6. Right click on the INFO file and select open, Windows will ask if you want to download a program to open the file, choose the second option and in the 'Open with' dialog, choose Notepad.

7. In Notepad, adjust the arch= line to read like this: arch="x86 cedarview bromolow evansport avoton"

8. In the Notepad 'File' Menu, choose 'Save' Then close notepad.

9. Click on the INFO file on your desktop and drag it back into the 7zip window. 7zip will ask if you want to copy the file to the archive, Click Yes/OK.

10. Close the 7zip window.

11. Rename the package to PlexMediaServer-0.9.11.4.739-a4e710f-x86.spk

12. You should be good to go.

Note: You do not specifically save the package in 7zip, after you click to allow copying of the file the archive is already saved and modified.

If you are using a Mac, you need to use Keka instead and be mindful that the Mac does not auto change the double quotes " in the text file. The steps should be similar on the Mac though.

Let me know how it goes OK.

^^ This is what I did, So thank you! But wanted to make it easier for people. So if you like download with the link below:

DS415+ Plex 0.9.11.4.739: :D

http://goo.gl/GZxM9y

Yep, and thanks again ltdxdtl ... :lol:

Regards,
    Andy M.

• boersenhaiboersenhai Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    ltdxdtl wrote on December 2 2014, 6:21 AM: »

^^ This is what I did, So thank you! But wanted to make it easier for people. So if you like download with the link below:

DS415+ Plex 0.9.11.4.739: :D

http://goo.gl/GZxM9y

I tried this manual on an mac but it didn't work. I bought a 1815+. Is there a full spk package available for my NAS? Please let me know if. Thank's !

The package is installed on your NAS, not on your Mac. If need be, transfer the file to the NAS and then browse to it's location on the NAS when installing it.

Regards,
    Andy M.