Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Long "Menu" Press

evanspe@gmail.comevanspe@gmail.com Posts: 57Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Hi Everybody,

I've tried searching for the answer to my question and I've come up empty, maybe somebody out there knows the answer to my question.

If you are on the main menu, and with the apple remote, hold down the [menu] button on it, it brings me to the App Store menu item. I would like to change that behavior so a long menu press brings me to the shutdown menu item. I'm sure this requires going and editing one of the xml files, but I'm not sure which one. Does anybody happen to know?

Appreciation for the answers in advance.

Comments

• nerpissadnerpissad Plex Ninja Posts: 1,502Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    plex delivers a standard .xml for the apple remote and it's located here: /Applications/Plex.app/Contents/Resources/Plex/keymaps/Apple Remote.xml

I think you need to change the colored part of the xml below.

<Home>
    <joystick name="Apple Remote">
    <button id="11">Plex.ActivateWindowWithFocus(Home,300,1)</button> <!--- Hold Menu --->
    <button id="12">ContextMenu</button> <!--- Hold Play --->
    </joystick>
    </Home>

maybe somebody can tell you what to put there exactly...
    be sure not to change the file in the location above, but instead save it to: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex/keymaps/Apple Remote.xml

[font="'Trebuchet MS"]What to do if you're new to Plex?
    [/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"]First you should have a look at the [/font][font="'Trebuchet MS"]Plex Wiki[/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"], its full of all sorts of useful information. For all initial set-up questions, the [/font][font="'Trebuchet MS"]screencasts[/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"] are an invaluable source of answers.
    If you still can't solve your problem, your
    [/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"]Plex log files[/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"] are very useful source of inf[/font][font="'Trebuchet MS"]ormation. Zip them up and attach them to your post. [/font]
    [font="'Trebuchet MS"]
    [/font]
  • maverick214maverick214 Posts: 2,259Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Dreadix wrote on 24 March 2010 - 07:25 PM:

Hi Everybody,

I've tried searching for the answer to my question and I've come up empty, maybe somebody out there knows the answer to my question.

If you are on the main menu, and with the apple remote, hold down the [menu] button on it, it brings me to the App Store menu item. I would like to change that behavior so a long menu press brings me to the shutdown menu item. I'm sure this requires going and editing one of the xml files, but I'm not sure which one. Does anybody happen to know?

Appreciation for the answers in advance.

It needs to be changed to Plex.ActivateWindow(1111)

Save the file.
    Restart Plex and watch something.
    PlexAeon Aeon Skin for Plex (PHT) No longer being developed Metropolis Skin (PHT) No longer being developed

Direct Link to PlexAeon Skin ZIP on GitHub

History of changes to PlexAeon Skin

• evanspe@gmail.comevanspe@gmail.com Posts: 57Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    maverick214 wrote on 26 March 2010 - 02:16 PM:

It needs to be changed to Plex.ActivateWindow(1111)

Save the file.
    Restart Plex and watch something.

Making this change to the file brought up a menu with the following items after a long menu press:

Settings
    Customise
    Favorites
    Filemanager
    Home Visuals: OFF
    Now Playing
    Shutdown Timer
    Sleep mac
    Quit Plex
    Shutdown Mac

While this menu does have the options to shutdown the mac, what I want to happen is the main menu to switch to the shutdown.

So if you are at the home level of plex, selecting movies, if i do a long press on the menu button it will take me to the home level shutdown... if that makes sense. If not let me know and i'll attach some screenshots.

Thanks again!
    bump. Anybody?
    Dreadix wrote on 09 April 2010 - 02:42 PM:

bump. Anybody?

I modified PlexAeon a couple weeks back, try changing it back to <button id="11">Plex.ActivateWindowWithFocus(Home,300,1)</button> <!--- Hold Menu --->

Test it and let me know.
    PlexAeon Aeon Skin for Plex (PHT) No longer being developed Metropolis Skin (PHT) No longer being developed

Works perfectly, thanks!
  • radarradar Posts: 520Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi guys,

I cannot find back the post where Mav explains how to find out the correct code for one specific menu item. I would like to map a button with the subtitles menu in order to avoid going through the whole buttons each time.
    Any help?

Thanks.
    I'm in a very good shape today, asking questions and answering them by myself.
    I found a similar post from Mav.
    Unfortunately, we cannot figure out the required code for the subtitle menu with this hint. Any idea?
    radar wrote on 07 May 2010 - 06:18 AM:

I'm in a very good shape today, asking questions and answering them by myself.
    I found a similar post from Mav.
    Unfortunately, we cannot figure out the required code for the subtitle menu with this hint. Any idea?

Hey Radar,

The command you want it to run is RunScript(U:/skin/Plexaeon/extras/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py, [TV]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Season] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Episode] $INFO[VideoPlayer.TVshowtitle][/TV]) for TV shows or
    RunScript(U:/skin/Plexaeon/extras/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py, [MOVIE]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title][/MOVIE]) for movies. You can try those.

So try something like <button id="11">RunScript(U:/skin/Plexaeon/extras/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py, [MOVIE]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title][/MOVIE])</button> <!--- Hold Menu --->

Not sure it's going to work though, and you would have to have a movie or tvshow playing at the time you press it.
    Good luck, hope it works.

Thanks Mav for this fast reply.
    However, I did not precise two things:
    • I'm using a Harmony remote and not the apple one. But I think that doesn't change a lot, and
    • I want to access the audio/subtitles menu, which allows the choice of subtitles, audio track, and their eventual offset. Not the osd_subtitles menu.

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread and not providing enough information.
    Nobody can save my life?
  • Sharon51Sharon51 Posts: 2Members Plex Pass

I have set up plex and when you search for your movie , its locked and won,t release the movies.
    Can you tell me what we are doing wrong? Or call me Friday eve. and walk me through this nightmare.
    Thanks. Sharon

• Sharon51Sharon51 Posts: 2Members Plex Pass

I forgot to leave my phone number 727-940-5691 THANKS