If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sort by audio?

dvsgracedvsgrace Posts: 5Members ✭✭

I have 3000+ movies that I stream thru a Roku 3. Most are encoded with AC-3 audio, but some have DTS which the Roku doesn't support. I can transcode them via Plex Media Server, but I would like to know exactly which movies are DTS.

Does anyone know if there is a way to sort movies by audio type and generate a list?

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• dvsgracedvsgrace Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thanks a bunch. I'm sure that will work for me

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 27,309Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited January 2015

Only this one:

https://forums.plex.tv/topic/103115-rel-plex2csv/?p=607323

DTS audio is called 'dca' in this list.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • dvsgracedvsgrace Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thanks a bunch. I'm sure that will work for me

• TheMovieContinuumTheMovieContinuum Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

that link is broken. I also would like to generate a list of my movies that are in stereo instead of 5.1 or 7.1, so I can fix them. Anyone have any suggestions, or the destination of the original link?

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 27,309Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging

Thanks!!! :) I'm glad this will tell me which titles I need to fix. More annoyed that I didn't catch the error earlier...

edited December 2017

Ugh. While I appreciate off-the-road apps, the problem with it is... no structure or organization, or written by self-taught programmers.

The "instructions" on what to do (or how to install) are a complete disaster and I have no idea how to install export-tools from the thread. The "automatic" method is ironically much more difficult than the "manual" method. At least the manual method has step-by-step instructions. Installing the "Unsupported AppStore V2" (which is needed for "fully automatic installation") has no such clear instruction.

I'm a little peeved because I'm a software developer with 25+ years of experience at Fortune100 companies. If you've bought things from Lowe's, banked at Wells Fargo, used Blue-Cross-Blue-Shield, then you've run my code. But... I know how to write instructions just as well as code... and some would argue that the instructions are far more important.

Why Plex doesn't adopt some of the obviously more useful of these apps is silly. Not very forward-thinking.

Sorry, off my soap box. I'll just try the manual method.