Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

The Office US and The Office UK

Hey guys,

Plex is having a hard time differentiating between the UK and the US versions of the Office. I've tried to skim through all the forums to see if there's anything here to help me out since I'm sure this is a rather frequent occurrence (i.e. V (1983) and V (2009)). Everywhere I looked - including Plex's own in program help section - said to make sure my file structure was correct for the scrapes to work properly. On my external hard drive the file structure for these two versions of the show are as follows:

The Office (UK)
Season 1
The Office (UK) S01E01
The Office (UK) S01E02
etc.
Season 2
The Office (UK) S01E01

and so on, you get the idea. The Office US is the same structure only with UK changing to US and about 100 more episodes to boot. Problem is, in my TV shows category the show is listed as The Office (US) with there being two versions of the first 6 episodes of the first two seasons, named the same. For example if I navigate into the show's first season there appears to be two of each episode, only when I cleaned the library I noticed they were still the same, upon further investigation I realized that half of them were the first season of the UK show and half were the first season of the US show. Also the Christmas Specials of the original Office are being confused for webisodes of the American version.

I've made sure my files are named properly, checked thetvdb.com on their naming of both shows and attempted to update my library about a thousand times without any luck on sorting this issue out. Can anyone help?

Comments

• raindancingraindancing Posts: 1,532Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2010
    Under videos, highlight the show folder for the UK Office, press i and select refresh. This will make Plex requery thetvdb, and it will present you with a list of choices so you can choose the right one.
  • ryanmrossiryanmrossi Posts: 2Members
    raindancing wrote on 16 May 2010 - 10:46 PM:

Under videos, highlight the show folder for the UK Office, press i and select refresh. This will make Plex requery thetvdb, and it will present you with a list of choices so you can choose the right one.

dude, thanks! I don't think I would have ever figured that out on my own.
  • scotcheggscotchegg Posts: 60Members Plex Pass

I cannot get this to work. I only have UK Office in my library, but I can only get TVDb to recognise the US version. What is the secret here?

• Landlady 12Landlady 12 Posts: 1Members

stop with all the emails,My phone is inundated with email,I can hardly keep up .
    Jan Story