If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Menus stuck on-screen.... again!

warzak0warzak0 Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OK so I posted about this same issue back in Nov 2014 and it's happening again. The title of that post is "Xbox360 App Issue".

Anyways when playing a TV show OR movie the menu items are stuck on screen!!! Literally the ONLY way to get rid of them is to turn subtitles on. But if I do anything like bump a button on the controller or pause the movie or rewind the menus are stuck on-screen again.

I've cleared the cache several times and unintsalled/reinstalled Plex several times. I've deleted cache before and after the re installation of plex to no avail.

I've had this issue for a good month and was waiting to see if anyone else has the issue but maybe it's just happening to me? Suggestions? Thanks all in advance! Let me know if some pix/screenshots would help.

BTW I have the latest plex version available by using a cron job on my FreeNAS. There is a forum about how to get us FreeNAS users up to the latest version.

Best Answer

• warzak0warzak0 Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

If I delete that media update but not Plex then the very next time I open up Plex it's automatically downloaded again. At least that's what happened a few days ago.

But..... mysteriously the menu issue has stopped. I haven't touched my FreeNAS and I do not recall any updates to the xbox360. I think it was only happening to me, though, so I will mark this as answered.

Thank you m3t4lw01f

Answers

• bmuptonbmupton Posts: 113Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm wondering if maybe this is an issue with FreeNAS?

Are there any other FreeNAS users on the forum experiencing this? If not, maybe compare notes with them on their configurations.

Good point. I will check and reply here once I get a reply from their forum.

The only thing that seems like it's not a FreeNAS issue is that nothing has changed on my end. I am on the same FreeNAS version and the same Plex app version and the issue came up at a random point in time. I did not notice the Xbox/Plex app update and it seems the app has stayed the same version for quite some time.

Now there IS one thing that's a bit suspicious. There is an "Optional Media Update" ringing in at 432KB that is installed each and every time I reinstall the Plex app.

So if I uninstall the Plex app and this media update as soon as I reinstall the Plex app that media update happens as well.

warzak0 wrote on February 6 2015, 10:44 PM: »

Now there IS one thing that's a bit suspicious. There is an "Optional Media Update" ringing in at 432KB that is installed each and every time I reinstall the Plex app.

So if I uninstall the Plex app and this media update as soon as I reinstall the Plex app that media update happens as well.

The Plex team says they have been working with Microsoft. Perhaps MS has created a special media update just for Plex?

I'd really like to see native support for MKV containers with many different codecs. Maybe this is leading up to something like that. Not sure. What happens if you delete that media update but not Plex?

Accepted Answer

If I delete that media update but not Plex then the very next time I open up Plex it's automatically downloaded again. At least that's what happened a few days ago.

But..... mysteriously the menu issue has stopped. I haven't touched my FreeNAS and I do not recall any updates to the xbox360. I think it was only happening to me, though, so I will mark this as answered.

Thank you m3t4lw01f

warzak0 wrote on February 11 2015, 11:06 AM: »

Thank you m3t4lw01f

Not that I did anything, but you're welcome.

I find that sometimes if I just walk in to (or out of) a room, whatever problem is occurring will stop. Reminds me of an old fridge my Grandma had at the farm. Had to hold your mouth just right to get it to open. Plex preview apps are like that old fridge sometimes.

• damojb7damojb7 Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Hi. I have just downloaded Plex on my Xbox 360 for the first time and i am experiencing this issue, i cannot get the on screen menu (info bar) to hide whilst playing a movie. Has any one found a solution to this? thanks.