If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Official Plex LG Smart TV .. has arrived!

Allan68Allan68 Posts: 497Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
I just noticed the new Plex client for the LG Smart TV in the App Store.

image.jpg

I have downloaded and installed it and I absolutely love it. Why has there not being any mention of this on the blog yet? At any rate hats off to the developers as this client is optimized nicely and is snappy fast. Looks great and performs well too.

Comments

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,393Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Excellent News.

Could we get a list of countries it is going to be available in? or can one change the country - download and then switch back?

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• vichuvichu Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I confirm Plex app is on Spain store.
  • sanchez13sanchez13 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

for LG TV 2011 (xxLW5500, xxLW650s,...) is unavailable :-(

• Allan68Allan68 Posts: 497Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I'm in Canada
    sa2000 wrote on February 13 2015, 9:28 PM: »

Excellent News.

Could we get a list of countries it is going to be available in? or can one change the country - download and then switch back?

Yes you can change your TVs country region and download the app, then switch back. Most likely just a North American release for the first while. Try changing to US or Canada to download the app.
  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,393Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member
    plex.4.ever wrote on February 13 2015, 11:19 PM: »

Yes you can change your TVs country region and download the app, then switch back. Most likely just a North American release for the first while. Try changing to US or Canada to download the app.

Thanks it is available in the UK gb store 

http://gb.lgappstv.com/

and I have added it to my account now

My interest is in Poland where I have a holiday home with an LG Smart TV. Will switch countries and get it from UK if it does not automatically pick up when signing to my account

I see the store says dependency on internet. Could we establish if it stops if internet connection is pulled down when server and LG are on the same network and internet made available on initial connection to plex.tv - presumably needed to confirm PlexPASS subscription - but would be good if it does not need to continuously check

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• vbajrvbajr Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

At Brazil is unavailable yet, but change to Argentina lg store is possible and works perfectly.

• ziroziro Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2015

Not available for 55LM6200 (Not compatable with this device)

• kevinbringardkevinbringard Posts: 77Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    ziro wrote on February 14 2015, 4:01 AM: »

Same for 55EC9300.  :(

• john.gordijn@gmail.comjohn.gordijn@gmail.com Posts: 94Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not available on 42LM660S-ZA

all-fanart.jpg

• RichimaltaRichimalta Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    BigJohnG wrote on February 14 2015, 2:02 PM: »

Not available on 42LM660S-ZA

Doesn't seem to be available for the 55LM660s either, Will it be?   Plays Simons app ok!

Said ok for Model LG 42LA620S - ZA

Is that 2013 or 2014 model ?

• ziroziro Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    ziro wrote on February 14 2015, 4:01 AM: »

Hopefully it will be available soon.

I used MediaLink up to a month ago, when I decided to upgrade my main drive to an SSD. This caused me to reinstall windows and it hasn't worked since. Thankfully shared media is still working. I really miss MediaLink tracking what I watch as I watch it.

My fingers are crossed that this is right around the corner.

• Deaths+AsylumDeaths+Asylum Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Not compatible with 50PM6700 2012 model
  • rubenmarques85rubenmarques85 Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Working in Portugal with an 2013 tv

HP N54L Server | Plex Cloud Beta

• sylrob434sylrob434 Posts: 35Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    plex.4.ever wrote on February 13 2015, 11:06 PM: »

I'm in Canada

Hi,

Just bought a LG with Webos 42LB6300 and I can`t find the Plex client app ?

Where it is exactly ?

Thank you,

Sylvain

edited February 2015
    sylrob434 wrote on February 15 2015, 12:57 PM: »

Hi,

Just bought a LG with Webos 42LB6300 and I can`t find the Plex client app ?

Where it is exactly ?

Thank you,

Sylvain

I don't have a webos tv, mine is the netcast version.
    But if you don't see it searching for "plex" in the App Store, then it must not be available for your model of TV.
  • alsaltalsalt Posts: 26Members Plex Pass

I tripped across the application in the LG store and I also have the PLAYZ application it is great to have a PLEX app available, but it is still a bit limited in that does not allow the movies to be sorted by genre, release date or anything else, a default display of the posters is all that is offered and paging is achieved by selectting the (more) button. Movie details are displayed upon selection, but trailers are not played by default and no button exist to play them. 

Still I am thrilled that an LG application is now available and I am hoping that additional features will be included in the future.

• alsaltalsalt Posts: 26Members Plex Pass

A couple of more things, this app works with my 60PB6650 but a list of compatible TV's would be a nice addition. I have also noticed that when first selecting a movie to play it displays and performs some buffering and the amount of time required to buffer vaires from movie, this not really a problem, but if PlAYZ performs any buffering it is not displayed and very quickly accomplished.

• nashantnashant Posts: 44Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not compatible with 47LB730V

This discussion has been closed.