If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Shuffling Music Libraries

KCGatorsKCGators Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Something I've been hoping for is better ability to shuffle music either in an entire library or folder.  I can contort the existing app to do this by doing a blank search and then play/shuffle the results, but I don't see a way with the new app, and would like it to be a simple menu option.

also, did I miss how to search within my server or library?  Can;t find that at all.

Comments

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,932Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

You can play or shuffle directly from an Artists screen or Album screen (there is a button on the left hand side). You can also shuffle/unshuffle the music from the Now Playing screen while your music is playing. We are looking to further improve and add features, so it's definitely not complete. For example, you may want to shuffle the entire music section. While that is not possible from the Roku interface yet, you can use Plex Companion and cast the entire library, shuffled, to your Roku.

Search is not available yet, but is on the list.

KCGators wrote on February 24 2015, 6:46 PM: »

Something I've been hoping for is better ability to shuffle music either in an entire library or folder.  I can contort the existing app to do this by doing a blank search and then play/shuffle the results, but I don't see a way with the new app, and would like it to be a simple menu option.

also, did I miss how to search within my server or library?  Can;t find that at all.

• KCGatorsKCGators Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, casting via my phone app is my preferred method today since there is no native functionality within the app, but some of those I share the music library with do not have that option. 

• WAYFLIXWAYFLIX Posts: 456Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2015

Has crossfade been implemented like in PHT?

PMS: 2013 i7 iMac, OSX 10.13.X

Storage: Drobo 5D DAS via Thunderbolt.

Connection: XFINITY 1000/35, Internal Network Cat6 1GBs wired, 802.11ac wireless.

• schuylerschuyler Plex Dev Team Posts: 3,786Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    WAYFLIX wrote on February 24 2015, 7:34 PM: »

Has crossfade been implemented like in PHT?

No. PHT has much more control over the actual audio player, which makes something like that possible. I'm not going to say that it'll absolutely never happen, but it's toward the very hard/impossible end of the spectrum, so I'm afraid it won't be coming soon.

• metropicalmetropical Posts: 69Members ✭✭

"For example, you may want to shuffle the entire music section. While that is not possible from the Roku interface yet, you can use Plex Companion and cast the entire library, shuffled, to your Roku."

Have not been able to figure that out.

2013 13" MBA 1.7G, i7. FiOS Gateway 1100 via MoCA to ActionTec to Roku 4 and WiFi to Roku 2 HD. Sharp LC32d42u.