Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

ABC iView

jackinozjackinoz Posts: 58Members
ABC iView not working
Hi, Can't seem to get ABC iView to work at all. Nothing happens when you click on it. thanks in advance for checking it out. Cheers, jack

Comments

• SkirmishSkirmish Posts: 1Members
    edited July 2010
    Seconded - absolutely nothing happens for me either.

OSX 10.6.4 running latest version of plex as of 15/7/2010
  • iordoneziordonez Mayor of Plexville Posts: 2,293Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I've created a ticket, hopefully a developer will see it and take a look.

https://plexapp.lighthouseapp.com/projects/31804-plex-plug-ins/tickets/530-abc-iview-doesnt-work
  • ErikVelandErikVeland Posts: 142Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Isaac Ordonez wrote on 15 July 2010 - 02:45 PM:

I've created a ticket, hopefully a developer will see it and take a look.

https://plexapp.lighthouseapp.com/projects/31804-plex-plug-ins/tickets/530-abc-iview-doesnt-work

Please developers, have a look at this ASAP. I live and die by this plugin :(
  • carlhcarlh Posts: 1Members
    H All:

I sent a message to the plugin's author and fleshed out the ticket a bit more with a screenshot and logfiles.

Will keep you posted on anything I find out.
  • jwrayjwray Posts: 1,269Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I took a look and fixed it up to the point of playing the video: https://plexapp.lighthouseapp.com/projects/31804/tickets/530-abc-iview-doesnt-work#ticket-530-3

Since I'm in the US and not Australia I can't test playing. It's up to someone in Oz to finish the last step. Glad to help if anyone has questions.

Jonny
  • jackinozjackinoz Posts: 58Members
    Jonny Wray wrote on 27 July 2010 - 02:37 PM:

I took a look and fixed it up to the point of playing the video: https://plexapp.lighthouseapp.com/projects/31804/tickets/530-abc-iview-doesnt-work#ticket-530-3

Since I'm in the US and not Australia I can't test playing. It's up to someone in Oz to finish the last step. Glad to help if anyone has questions.

Jonny

Hey Johny... I can't even click into the plugin from the main video menu. Cheers, Jack
    Hi Jack,

that was the behaviour I fixed in the version I linked to on the lighthouse page. Did you install the linked version of the plugin? I've had independent confirmation that my new version fixes navigation issues, but neither of us can test the videos due to geo blocking.

Jonny

jackinoz wrote on 27 July 2010 - 11:03 PM:

Hey Johny... I can't even click into the plugin from the main video menu. Cheers, Jack
    Jonny Wray wrote on 28 July 2010 - 12:45 PM:

Hi Jack,

that was the behaviour I fixed in the version I linked to on the lighthouse page. Did you install the linked version of the plugin? I've had independent confirmation that my new version fixes navigation issues, but neither of us can test the videos due to geo blocking.

Jonny

Hey Johny, Your plugin works (thanks heaps!) It turned out your version of the bundle file name had a space between (ABC & iView) and didn't overwrite the existing one which didn't. So, looks like we're back in business... for the moment anyway. Thanks again for your efforts. For those of us in Oz, it's a great plugin :)
    jackinoz wrote on 28 July 2010 - 04:38 PM:

Hey Johny, Your plugin works (thanks heaps!) It turned out your version of the bundle file name had a space between (ABC & iView) and didn't overwrite the existing one which didn't. So, looks like we're back in business... for the moment anyway. Thanks again for your efforts. For those of us in Oz, it's a great plugin :)

Hi Johny, Just a short addendum to my earlier response after a bit more testing.
    For some strange reason the new plugin keeps breaking for me after using it for a short period of time. If I replace it again with the same file it starts up again. This has happened several times so it appears something is getting corrupted after playing. Any suggestions? I'm perPLEXed :huh: Cheers, Jack
    edited July 2010
    Couple of things:

i) are you saying the fixed plugin works perfectly? In that you can actually play all videos, not just navigate the content hierarchy? I've had another report that some videos give a pop up that is expecting to be dismissed before playing. I can't test cos I'm not in Australia.

ii) it is being overwritten by the automated plugin update system I'm guessing. You'll have to turn off automatic updates if you want this not to happen. Of course, once a fix is released all will be back to normal

Jonny
    Jonny Wray wrote on 29 July 2010 - 01:20 AM:

Couple of things:

i) are you saying the fixed plugin works perfectly? In that you can actually play all videos, not just navigate the content hierarchy? I've had another report that some videos give a pop up that is expecting to be dismissed before playing. I can't test cos I'm not in Australia.

ii) it is being overwritten by the automated plugin update system I'm guessing. You'll have to turn off automatic updates if you want this not to happen. Of course, once a fix is released all will be back to normal

Jonny

Hi Johny...

i) Yes, fixed plugin works (all videos play) though sometimes the first video stalls and you have to retry it. This occasionaly happened on the original plugin and only for the first video you clicked on so I didn't bother reporting it. All videos clicked on after that always started without a hitch. Also, it didn't happen all the time (though most).

ii) I assumed one had to enter the app store for plugins to be automatically updated as that's where you get the auto update message. I didn't enter app store and also noted that the Plugin file (name & info) was still identical to the fixed version.

Hope that helps. Cheers, J
    Hey Jack,

I honestly don't know the details of how and when plugins get updated, but I can't see any other reason that it would stop working. That said, it could be something that's time dependent in the site URLs that we're ignoring. When you say it breaks after a short period of time, what happens?

As for the playing, I'm guessing the first press, exit, go back emulates clicking their popup window. Workable I guess if not a little crappy. Could you do me a favor, go to the lighthouse issue and try the links I posted there and might avoid the problem. They don't work for me but that could be geo related.

thanks
    Jonny
    Jonny Wray wrote on 29 July 2010 - 11:44 AM:

Hey Jack,

I honestly don't know the details of how and when plugins get updated, but I can't see any other reason that it would stop working. That said, it could be something that's time dependent in the site URLs that we're ignoring. When you say it breaks after a short period of time, what happens?

As for the playing, I'm guessing the first press, exit, go back emulates clicking their popup window. Workable I guess if not a little crappy. Could you do me a favor, go to the lighthouse issue and try the links I posted there and might avoid the problem. They don't work for me but that could be geo related.

thanks
    Jonny

Hi Johny,

Tried the link posted on the lighthouse issue and it doesn't play in Firefox for Mac. As for when it appears to break, the plugin is completely dead in the water and I can't even click into the first menu. Meanwhile, at this point it's at least playable so I'm happy :)
    Just to note Plex checks all plugins for updates every time it's launched and once every 24 horus. This ensures that broken plugins get promptly fixed before the user noticed (assuming a developer pushes a fix). At the moment there is not way to easily disable the auto update except for enabling devmode on test plugins or deleting the following folder:

~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Data/com.plexapp.plugins.appstore

and relaunching the App Store and choosing no to automatic updates (not recommended).
  • 123123 Posts: 1Members
    Isaac Ordonez wrote on 29 July 2010 - 01:49 PM:

Just to note Plex checks all plugins for updates every time it's launched and once every 24 horus. This ensures that broken plugins get promptly fixed before the user noticed (assuming a developer pushes a fix). At the moment there is not way to easily disable the auto update except for enabling devmode on test plugins or deleting the following folder:

~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Data/com.plexapp.plugins.appstore

and relaunching the App Store and choosing no to automatic updates (not recommended).

Thanks guys followed all posts and got it working again! you guys rock! Just a question or two, how will I know when I can enable auto update again? & will the original ABC plugin ever get fixed or do I hang onto this one?
    Cheers, love your work.
    If the plugin is considered working Jonny can clean up and submit to the appstore. Once we add it you can turn auto updates back on!
    already in your to be reviewed queue :) I actually suggested pushing but leaving broken until the pop thing is fixed, but if people don't consider it an issue maybe we can mark it fixed.
    123 wrote on 31 July 2010 - 03:19 PM:

Thanks guys followed all posts and got it working again! you guys rock! Just a question or two, how will I know when I can enable auto update again? & will the original ABC plugin ever get fixed or do I hang onto this one?
    Cheers, love your work.

Ditto 123! Thanks for fixing this plugin :)
    Jonny Wray wrote on 01 August 2010 - 09:17 AM:

already in your to be reviewed queue :) I actually suggested pushing but leaving broken until the pop thing is fixed, but if people don't consider it an issue maybe we can mark it fixed.

Could the fix be pushed through to the app store please so we wouldn't have to keep reloading it manually every time we open Plex? -- Thanks!
  • akumaakuma Posts: 9Members
    Could someone push this update through. It's kind of annoying having to deal with this manually, really ruins the whole 10' experience.