If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Movie Requests

Comments

• mdelportmdelport Posts: 475Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Swifty wrote on April 1 2015, 10:01 PM: »

Superb, thank you! The logic behind my request is simple, it's quite possible that people wil request things I simply don't want to download, hence, if I can approve them first I can avoid adding unnecessary rubbish into CP...

Also, for the simplified version, can you add an email notification option perhaps?

There's a basic admin interface on v0.3 so check it out! No support for allow/deny as I need to figure that part out still but you get easy access to the db collection for deleting stuff if wanted.

For the simplified version? What version? Meteor version or one page Javascript one? For the one page Javascript one that would put email credentials of some variety in forward facing code which no one would want, for the Meteor one I could, saving credentials or something server side.

foebik wrote on April 2 2015, 12:02 AM: »

One thing I seem to be having problems with is CP talking back to the page to let it know when something has been downloaded. It only crossed out one item, when it should have been closer to 5-6. And when I try to update the list (thinking that will sync it) it just re-adds all the movies in the list back to CP, wither I downloaded or not.

Can you confirm the movie is in the CP db with the same IMDB ID? It's the string that starts with "tt" then a bunch of numbers. It's what I'm doing a check against.

It queries CP using the "media.get" API call: if it returns null that IMDB ID isn't present in CP and it add's it using "movie.add" call; if it returns "status:done" that implies the movie has been downloaded and it adds the "downloaded:true" to the IMDB ID in question; anything else it does nothing.

Can you do a manual query for one of the movies that should have been set as downloaded and let me know what it returns? Format is:

http://cpip:port/api/abcd123456/media.get/?id=tt123456
  • WeeflixWeeflix Posts: 238Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is great! I've always wanted a way for users to request movies directly from couch potato.   Would it be possible to track the IP of requests in the admin?  

• Fabio_BrassFabio_Brass Posts: 217Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello, i've got a question.

I managed to run meteor version.

When i put a movies to search i get list of names to choose from, but when i press request movies, it gets back to the first page and if i press view request i see nothing.

What could it be the problem?

Tnx

edited April 2015
    fbrassin wrote on April 2 2015, 3:11 PM: »

Hello, i've got a question.

I managed to run meteor version.

When i put a movies to search i get list of names to choose from, but when i press request movies, it gets back to the first page and if i press view request i see nothing.

What could it be the problem?

Tnx

There was a bug when I migrated things to include the admin interface, can you update to the new version I published just now which fixes this. Get it on the releases page here

• shylohmhshylohmh Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Anyone how if its possible to get meteor to run on a qnap? I already have node.js and couchpotato running, just can't seem to figure out how to get the plexrequests up. Any help would be appreciated

edited April 2015
    shylohmh wrote on April 2 2015, 5:56 PM: »

Anyone how if its possible to get meteor to run on a qnap? I already have node.js and couchpotato running, just can't seem to figure out how to get the plexrequests up. Any help would be appreciated

I was able to use de-meteorize and it appeared to give a NodeJS application, did you get it to run or did it not run at all?

Trying to install the npm modules it bugs out on bcrypt. Just browsing their GitHub issues I'm not alone so I'll look into it and let you know. Only issue being the bcrypt requirement isn't from me, it's from the admin interface.

Loken wrote on April 2 2015, 3:51 PM: »

There was a bug when I migrated things to include the admin interface, can you update to the new version I published just now which fixes this. Get it on the releases page here

OK, now it takes request, but if i search for a movies that is already in my library shouldn't it told me?

Maybe i miss some settings?

And what about use an external file to put settings so if new updates come i don't have to put all settings again?

I put:

if (!(Settings.findOne({_id: "couchpotatosetting"}))) {

Settings.insert({
            _id: "couchpotatosetting",
            service: "CouchPotato",
            enabled: true
        });
    };

if (!(Settings.findOne({_id: "pushbulletsetting"}))) {
        Settings.insert({
            _id: "pushbulletsetting",
            service: "PushBullet",
            api: "MYTOKEN",
            enabled: true
        });

and put true instead of false.

Do i miss something else?

edited April 2015
    fbrassin wrote on April 2 2015, 6:56 PM: »

OK, now it takes request, but if i search for a movies that is already in my library shouldn't it told me?

Maybe i miss some settings?

And what about use an external file to put settings so if new updates come i don't have to put all settings again?

I put:

and put true instead of false.

Do i miss something else?

Wait: You didn't edit that file directly did you? To set your settings, you need to do it via the /admin page. Those lines are only used for the initial population of the fields if none are present, they only run the very first time you start the app. For installation instructions please visit the GitHub page and scroll down a bit https://github.com/lokenx/plexrequests-meteor

The settings are only written if no settings are present. So a new update wouldn't overwrite them as they'd already be present in your Mongo DB.

Currently, on initial request it only checks against it's own requested list not CP. CP happens after the initial request and if it's present its status gets set to downloaded:true and shows as such in the "view requests" list. Is that the case?

And yes I do hope to do the CP check before adding, just haven't had a chance yet.

Loken wrote on April 2 2015, 7:02 PM: »

Wait: You didn't edit that file directly did you? To set your settings, you need to do it via the /admin page. Those lines are only used for the initial population of the fields if none are present, they only run the very first time you start the app.

The settings are only written if no settings are present. So a new update wouldn't overwrite them as they'd already be present in your Mongo DB.

Currently, on initial request it only checks against it's own requested list not CP. CP happens after the initial request and if it's present its status gets set to downloaded:true and shows as such in the "view requests" list. Is that the case?

And yes I do hope to do the CP check before adding, just haven't had a chance yet.

I thoguht it would have checked in plex library and if it is missing it would put request in CP.

Anyway compliments for this project, i find it very usefull.

Good work :)

edited April 2015
    fbrassin wrote on April 2 2015, 7:05 PM: »

I thoguht it would have checked in plex library and if it is missing it would put request in CP.

Anyway compliments for this project, i find it very usefull.

Good work :)

Current the logic is as such:

1. Movie is requested by user

2. Movie is checked against previous requests sent through the app

3. If it's found, it tells the user as such, and stops here

4. If it's not found, it gets added to the requested list

5. It then gets checked against your CP db

6. If it's downloaded it updates the status as such and stops here

7. If it's not downloaded and not in the wanted list already it gets added to the wanted list for downloadig by CP

8. If it's not downloaded but in the wanted list it stops here as nothing needs to be done

Hope that helps! In the end, it'll do the CP check before adding to the list but because of how meteor works I haven't had a chance to do it yet.

But again more importantly, don't edit that file directly, your PushBullet and Couch Potato settings are configured at the admin interface at ./admin.

Loken wrote on April 2 2015, 7:11 PM: »

But again more importantly, don't edit that file directly, your PushBullet and Couch Potato settings are configured at the admin interface at ./admin.

Sorry, i modified /server/server.js file.

Where is ./admin to put my settings?

fbrassin wrote on April 2 2015, 7:20 PM: »

Sorry, i modified /server/server.js file.

Where is ./admin to put my settings?

No worries, and by /admin I mean wherever you've the app hosted add  "/admin" to end, for example in the local dev environment it would be http://localhost:3000/admin

Loken wrote on April 2 2015, 6:07 PM: »

I was able to use de-meteorize and it appeared to give a NodeJS application, did you get it to run or did it not run at all?

Trying to install the npm modules it bugs out on bcrypt. Just browsing their GitHub issues I'm not alone so I'll look into it and let you know. Only issue being the bcrypt requirement isn't from me, it's from the admin interface.

I never got that far...if its possible do you thing you can demeteorize the app for me so i can try and run it on my qnap with node.js

I can't load it up right now, it tested it on my work machine. Try following this guide, it covers the main steps. I did have to downgrade the NodeJS version to 0.10. Also, you need Meteor installed to run this tool as it relies on the built in build tool.

http://blog.modulus.io/demeteorizer

Loken wrote on April 2 2015, 11:39 PM: »

I can't load it up right now, it tested it on my work machine. Try following this guide, it covers the main steps. I did have to downgrade the NodeJS version to 0.10. Also, you need Meteor installed to run this tool as it relies on the built in build tool.

http://blog.modulus.io/demeteorizer

i've been trying and can't seem to get it to work. i have the meteor app running on my windows machine for now but would be nice to get it running on my qnap running linux.

I don't understand how to make the link from cohcpotato to my plex library.

Plexrequest look is couchpotato as movies requested, but how chouchpotato knows if those movies are in plex?

BTW, i does not seem to be linked to couchpotato as also requested with movies present in couchpotato are not barred

How can i check if it is configured ok?

edited April 2015
    fbrassin wrote on April 3 2015, 9:02 AM: »

I don't understand how to make the link from cohcpotato to my plex library.

Plexrequest look is couchpotato as movies requested, but how chouchpotato knows if those movies are in plex?

The Couch Potato and Plex link is outside the scope of my application. It technically only links with Couch Potato, which most people who also use Plex have linked together. The simplest way is for them both to look at the same folder as the location of Movies. For example, in Couch Potato you'd go to Settings > Manage and point the "Movie Folder" option to the same place Plex looks for Movies. This way they would both have the same DB of movies that are downloaded.

So you went to localhost:3000/admin and entered your CP API information and changed the "enabled" field to true instead of false? Is CP on the same LAN (local network) as the machine running Plex Requests? Can you run a manual query in a web browser, copy the CP info you entered into the settings and add "media.list" at the end. You should get an output of movies in CP db.

http://192.168.0.0:5050/api/dabf5e5eb9c84/media.list

shylohmh wrote on April 3 2015, 8:23 AM: »

i've been trying and can't seem to get it to work. i have the meteor app running on my windows machine for now but would be nice to get it running on my qnap running linux.

Can you give more information? Where does it fail? Error messages? Can you run just a regular "meteor build" and does that succeed as demeteorizer depends on it.

http://docs.meteor.com/#/full/meteorbuild