If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Movie Requests

Comments

• mdelportmdelport Posts: 475Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Is there a trailing / when you put the cp API details on admin page at end? I'm looking at a test page to check the CP connection, hopefully have time this weekend to make it
  • GOPLEX2.TVGOPLEX2.TV Posts: 93Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 2015
    Loken wrote on April 3 2015, 9:37 PM: »

Is there a trailing / when you put the cp API details on admin page at end? I'm looking at a test page to check the CP connection, hopefully have time this weekend to make it

Jesus that made me cry abit, / added and it works :wacko:  Thanks bro

edit: You should update that on your screenshots

glennols wrote on April 3 2015, 9:41 PM: »

Jesus that made me cry abit, / added and it works :wacko:  Thanks bro

edit: You should update that on your screenshots

No worries, URLs can be finicky like that! And yea I will when I add new page too

If you decide to add sickbeard aswell, please give me your donation link:)

• shylohmhshylohmh Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Loken wrote on April 3 2015, 9:11 PM: »

Did you run npm install first? If that errors out you need to see what package is failing and check with that project. Keeping in mind you need to make sure your node version is compatible as well as having any requirements such as Python and make

i have node.js 0.10.35 installed and python

shylohmh wrote on April 3 2015, 10:13 PM: »

i have node.js 0.10.35 installed and python

I think it requires 0.10.36 but can't be sure. I've had luck following this guide (on demeteorize needed) https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-deploy-a-meteor-js-application-on-ubuntu-14-04-with-nginx

One tip is to "meteor build" your app on the same architecture as it'll be hosted on (I had issues with OS X and Unix not getting a long) but not sure if Meteor runs on QNAPs?

glennols wrote on April 3 2015, 10:11 PM: »

If you decide to add sickbeard aswell, please give me your donation link:)

Lol, I've been trying to think of how best to add it: do people requests whole series, individual seasons, or episodes? Also, the SickRage (what I use now instead of SickBeard) doesn't seem to have good API documentation which is a bummer but it's on the roadmap

• foebikfoebik Posts: 602Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 2015

I find users ask for a whole series. The only time I hear anything about a single show is the download got messed up (the file is somehow corrupted or it downloaded a dup). 

PS I use Sonarr (aka NZBdrone)

• Fabio_BrassFabio_Brass Posts: 217Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Loken wrote on April 3 2015, 12:45 PM: »

The Couch Potato and Plex link is outside the scope of my application. It technically only links with Couch Potato, which most people who also use Plex have linked together. The simplest way is for them both to look at the same folder as the location of Movies. For example, in Couch Potato you'd go to Settings > Manage and point the "Movie Folder" option to the same place Plex looks for Movies. This way they would both have the same DB of movies that are downloaded.

So you went to localhost:3000/admin and entered your CP API information and changed the "enabled" field to true instead of false? Is CP on the same LAN (local network) as the machine running Plex Requests? Can you run a manual query in a web browser, copy the CP info you entered into the settings and add "media.list" at the end. You should get an output of movies in CP db.

http://192.168.0.0:5050/api/dabf5e5eb9c84/media.list

Ok, set CP, manage  to point to same dir as plex libray, added CP api to plexrequest, and both CP and plexRequest are on the same lan, but if i request a movie present in CP manage plexrequest doesn't barr it.

What is the problem.

In ./admin should  i put only api key or also path?

I tried both, but maybe i made something wrong....

Other question, where are ./admin settings stored? 

• shylohmhshylohmh Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    fbrassin wrote on April 4 2015, 7:52 AM: »

Ok, set CP, manage  to point to same dir as plex libray, added CP api to plexrequest, and both CP and plexRequest are on the same lan, but if i request a movie present in CP manage plexrequest doesn't barr it.

What is the problem.

Plexrequest will still add the movie to the request list but when you go look at the updated request list if its already in your library it will say downloaded.

edited April 2015
    fbrassin wrote on April 4 2015, 7:52 AM: »

What is the problem.

You add your API settings and such at /admin, by that I mean navigate to your running instance of Plex Requests in a web browser, and append /admin at the end. If you're running it locally, http://localhost:3000/admin should do the trick.

For PushBullet it's API only, for CP you need IP:Port/api/APIKEY or example below. Don't forget the trailing slash too at the end. And yes shylohmh is correct, currently it'll add movies you already have but tag them as downloaded immediately (but this will change down the line)

http://192.168.0.0:5050/api/abcdef1234567890/

Tnx, now it works :)

fbrassin wrote on April 4 2015, 1:25 PM: »

Tnx, now it works :)

Great! I've just added a test page you can use to check if your CP settings are working, it's currently on the DEV branch but I'll push it main once I've tested it a bit more!

foebik wrote on April 4 2015, 1:21 AM: »

I find users ask for a whole series. The only time I hear anything about a single show is the download got messed up (the file is somehow corrupted or it downloaded a dup). 

PS I use Sonarr (aka NZBdrone)

Cool, I'll look into it. Found SickRage's API is pretty much same as SickBeard's but I'll see how Sonarr works too. For the weekend I'll leave it at the CP test page which should hopefully help people get connected.

• MAJ-5MAJ-5 Posts: 80Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1

Excellent script! I wish it has the following though:

1. Simpler install method on NAS (ex, Synology).

2. Supporting Sonarr

I am having hard time installing meteor or demeteorizer on Synology 713+, which has my CouchPotato installed.

Conq1942 wrote on April 4 2015, 6:30 PM: »

+1

Excellent script! I wish it has the following though:

1. Simpler install method on NAS (ex, Synology).

2. Supporting Sonarr

I am having hard time installing meteor or demeteorizer on Synology 713+, which has my CouchPotato installed.

Thanks, I actually have a synology but never thought of running it off there to be honest, but I will look into it. For CP though it only runs locally correct? Where as this is more designed to be forward facing behind a web server.

And yes I'm looking at TV providers next!

• MAJ-5MAJ-5 Posts: 80Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Loken wrote on April 4 2015, 6:34 PM: »

Thanks, I actually have a synology but never thought of running it off there to be honest, but I will look into it. For CP though it only runs locally correct? Where as this is more designed to be forward facing behind a web server.

And yes I'm looking at TV providers next!

My CP is behind a web server and can be accessed remotely.

I am seeing great potential here, it will help a lot for many PMS/CP users (especially those with many annoying friends/family) :P

Loken wrote on April 4 2015, 4:34 PM: »

Great! I've just added a test page you can use to check if your CP settings are working, it's currently on the DEV branch but I'll push it main once I've tested it a bit more!

Great, well done.

This plug is very usefull ;)

Some feedback after having it tested for my users the last 24hours:

1. Any chance to add a release date behind a movie in the "requested movies" overview? Many people add movies that isnt released yet.

2. Add some sorting for the requested movies list, maybe release dates, when requested, or some other stuff from imdb.com

3. Request quality of movie

For sickbeard support i would do it the same way but always add with status "wanted" for all media (but ignore if it exsists)

Now i have another question.

I noticed that if i ask an English movie with an italian title it is not find.

Can this be solved?

Tnx