Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Movie Requests

Comments

• mdelportmdelport Members, Plex Pass Posts: 475 Plex Pass
    fbrassin wrote on April 4 2015, 7:08 PM: »

Now i have another question.

I noticed that if i ask an English movie with an italian title it is not find.

Can this be solved?

Tnx

I'm not really sure to be honest. I'm using the OMDB for the list of movies and I'm not sure of their language support, I'll have a look.

edited April 2015
    glennols wrote on April 4 2015, 6:49 PM: »

Some feedback after having it tested for my users the last 24hours:

1. Any chance to add a release date behind a movie in the "requested movies" overview? Many people add movies that isnt released yet.

2. Add some sorting for the requested movies list, maybe release dates, when requested, or some other stuff from imdb.com

3. Request quality of movie

For sickbeard support i would do it the same way but always add with status "wanted" for all media (but ignore if it exsists)

1. OMDB currently doesn't return that information unfortunately but I'll see if I can pull it from CP maybe - also, DVD release date or theatrical? The theatrical year is present, the DVD would be finicky as lots of things don't get tagged with it

2. Currently it's in order of requested form old > new, so you'd just like to change the order if wanted?

3. Currently it uses your default quality setting from CP, do you want the user to choose it, or you as the admin choose a setting that it adds it to CP with?

• GOPLEX2.TVGOPLEX2.TV Members, Plex Pass Posts: 93 Plex Pass

1. Point of release date is to actually tell people not to expect it to be downloaded as its not really available yet. Theatrical release date is the best

2. If i could choose i would segment it up based on if the movie has been released or not (based on theatrical date again).

3. in hindsight keeping that setting in CP is the best way to go.

Love what you doing bro, let me know if you need any beta testing on new versions etc:) Especially when you get series added:)

glennols wrote on April 4 2015, 8:15 PM: »

1. Point of release date is to actually tell people not to expect it to be downloaded as its not really available yet. Theatrical release date is the best

2. If i could choose i would segment it up based on if the movie has been released or not (based on theatrical date again).

3. in hindsight keeping that setting in CP is the best way to go.

Love what you doing bro, let me know if you need any beta testing on new versions etc:) Especially when you get series added:)

OK, I think I can do theatrical releases and yeah I will once I do TV series. I push releases to the "dev" channel on GitHub before pushing to "master" so that's where you'll find the newest stuff

Also, how long does the movies that are completed remain in the "watched list" ?

• karloscarkarloscar Members, Plex Pass Posts: 21 Plex Pass

Could be awesome if this could also be integrated with sickbeard/sickrage/NzbDrone/Sonarr

good work btw! :)

• Fabio_BrassFabio_Brass Members, Plex Pass Posts: 200 Plex Pass
    Loken wrote on April 4 2015, 7:39 PM: »

I'm not really sure to be honest. I'm using the OMDB for the list of movies and I'm not sure of their language support, I'll have a look.

I know themoviedb is working also in other languages, but i don't know about omdb.

I have plexrequest open on internet.

How can i protect it with a password?

fbrassin wrote on April 5 2015, 3:59 PM: »

I know themoviedb is working also in other languages, but i don't know about omdb.

They've a site and can ask the dev? I chose it because it doesn't require an API key or anything and was simplest to get up and running.

fbrassin wrote on April 5 2015, 4:11 PM: »

I have plexrequest open on internet.

How can i protect it with a password?

Currently the main part of the application currently doesn't support user accounts, only the admin page requires the admin account, it's open to whomever has the link. It was a design decision, as I didn't want people to keep track of another user account nor connect their social media accounts. However, it's open to discussion if want it to be behind accounts or not.

glennols wrote on April 4 2015, 8:45 PM: »

Also, how long does the movies that are completed remain in the "watched list" ?

Currently there's no restrictions, but I'm thinking of putting a filter on. Something akin to only if downloaded is false and if downloaded is true only for say 14 days or something like that. What were you thinking of?

edited April 2015
    glennols wrote on April 4 2015, 6:49 PM: »

Some feedback after having it tested for my users the last 24hours:

1. Any chance to add a release date behind a movie in the "requested movies" overview? Many people add movies that isnt released yet.

2. Add some sorting for the requested movies list, maybe release dates, when requested, or some other stuff from imdb.com

3. Request quality of movie

For sickbeard support i would do it the same way but always add with status "wanted" for all media (but ignore if it exsists)

Recent changes in DEV branch:

1. Release date (theatrical) according to CP is now shown instead of just year. It requires CP setup and previous movies requested will have empty brackets but you can manually update the new DB field at /admin if wanted and remove the year from the title field (or just delete and re-request lol)

2. Current sorting is latest requests > oldest requests

3. Not going to change, uses CP default settings, update there if wanted

Also, movies are checked against CP before being added to the list (that took far too long, "callback hell" is real!) which I know lots wanted.

Loken wrote on April 5 2015, 4:49 PM: »

Currently there's no restrictions, but I'm thinking of putting a filter on. Something akin to only if downloaded is false and if downloaded is true only for say 14 days or something like that. What were you thinking of?

Something like 14 days, i already have like 100 requests in my beta-setup, and the list is long and alot already shows as downloaded. Removed after 14 days seems good yeah.

For installing the dev version when i already have master up&running. I tried just copying over and overwrite, that cased a application crash when trying to start meteor again. I would rather not make two seperate installations.

glennols wrote on April 5 2015, 8:48 PM: »

For installing the dev version when i already have master up&running. I tried just copying over and overwrite, that cased a application crash when trying to start meteor again. I would rather not make two seperate installations.

Are you using "meteor" to run it or did you build it and are running using nodejs?

Specifically where is the MongoDB being saved? If you're just using "meteor" to run it, you probably need to delete everything EXCEPT THE .METEOR/LOCAL/ FOLDER as that's where the DB is located with all your stuff.

I'd, rename current installation folder, clone down the new version, then just copy over the local folder into new version, and that should do it. Although to be honest not sure why copying over didn't work.

I was just running it inside meteor yeah. Suddenly worked with just making a new copy and overwrite everything. Checking out the changes. 

Not sure i liked that you put the Requested movie into a scrollbar frame. The horisontal line is really bad looking. Cleaner the way it was before.:)

glennols wrote on April 5 2015, 9:04 PM: »

I was just running it inside meteor yeah. Suddenly worked with just making a new copy and overwrite everything. Checking out the changes. 

Not sure i liked that you put the Requested movie into a scrollbar frame. The horisontal line is really bad looking. Cleaner the way it was before. :)

Should only be a vertical one? On Window's I'm guessing? Could send a screenshot (or PM)?

edited April 2015

Ok attached a picure that shows the scrolling bars. Also when i add a movie the "spinning processing icon" just spins forever, without giving a error msg, but if i press the "update status request" it shows all movies (like in screenshot), but still keeps spinning. Tried both chrome and IE

It might just be delay to the API?

Loken wrote on April 5 2015, 4:43 PM: »

They've a site and can ask the dev? I chose it because it doesn't require an API key or anything and was simplest to get up and running.

I think it is difficult to find a movie if you don't know the exact name expecially if you don't speak English or look for moevie not in English.

I think the CP is using ThemovieDB to get movie information, i see from plugin in couchpotato/core/media/movie/providers/info/themoviedb.py

Loken wrote on April 5 2015, 4:47 PM: »

Currently the main part of the application currently doesn't support user accounts, only the admin page requires the admin account, it's open to whomever has the link. It was a design decision, as I didn't want people to keep track of another user account nor connect their social media accounts. However, it's open to discussion if want it to be behind accounts or not.

I don't think about having a user account, but i was thinking about a user/password to give people you want to have access to plexrequest, such as .htaccess. But i don't know how to have it in meteor project.

Moreover, is it possible to enable https in meteor project?

Tnx

glennols wrote on April 5 2015, 9:14 PM: »

Ok attached a picure that shows the scrolling bars. Also when i add a movie the "spinning processing icon" just spins forever, without giving a error msg, but if i press the "update status request" it shows all movies (like in screenshot), but still keeps spinning. Tried both chrome and IE

It might just be delay to the API?

It was a badly written 'or' statement from the rewrite to allow to check CP first, I've fixed it already just haven't pushed it up yet to dev.

Ah that does look bad, OS X hides scroll bars by default. I'll revert that for now: end goal is to have a shorter list to begin with as well as possible pagination.