Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] PrimeWire

Pip LongrunPip Longrun Members Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in Plex Channels

This is a rewritten version for PrimeWire. It's KISS: you can browse and watch movies and TV Shows, that's it B) I might add some more video providers, but I'm not going to add any other options to this.

NOTES

• THIS PROBABLY DOES NOT WORK IN THE UK
  • REMOVE ANY AND ALL OTHER "LET ME WATCH THIS" CHANNELS BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ONE
  • ALWAYS TRY THE PRIMEWIRE URL YOU'VE CONFIGURED IN A WEB BROWSER BEFORE POSTING "IT DOES NOT WORK". MAYBE YOU ARE BLOCKED OR THE SOURCE SITE IT DOWN!

Download: https://github.com/piplongrun/lmwt-kiss.bundle/archive/master.zip
Source: https://github.com/piplongrun/lmwt-kiss.bundle

How to install this channel
See the following support article: How do I manually install a channel?
Do not forget the step to restart Plex Media Server!

Comments

• Wolf_BrotherWolf_Brother Members Posts: 203 ✭✭

Seems to work great. Anyone that's been having problems with LMWT should try it out. You can think of it basically like the G2G plug-in for example where it's just the newer released/added stuff so you're not going to be able to watch everything but if you're not looking for an obscure, old(er) movie you should be OK.

I think the lack of search and favourites will be a deterrent for some people but I definitely understand the principle. Thanks.

• mchristianmchristian Members Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Using it now. Working as described. Thanks!
  • GriekGriek Members Posts: 76 ✭✭

Thanks! Would be great if you could add Favorites Folder. It's a lot of browsing this way.

Okay, so this works perfectly with the Samsung Smart Hub Plex app, but the original plugin no longer works there.  What is different and can it be implemented into the old plugin to make it work as seamlessly as this one.  Of if you added in favorites and a search function, I would be happy as is.  Just asking and learning.

• Pip LongrunPip Longrun Members Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    mchristian wrote on April 4 2015, 9:43 PM: »

Okay, so this works perfectly with the Samsung Smart Hub Plex app, but the original plugin no longer works there.  What is different and can it be implemented into the old plugin to make it work as seamlessly as this one.  Of if you added in favorites and a search function, I would be happy as is.  Just asking and learning.

i have no idea why the "original" version of the channel no longer works. There is so much code in there (partially unnecessary in my opinion) that I wrote this new version instead of trying to update the other one. Keeping it as simple as possible makes it less likely to break (or at least easier to figure out what breaks when it does).

A basic search function has just been added. I'm looking into a favourites option (linked to the favourites on the website).

Pip Longrun wrote on April 4 2015, 11:27 PM: »

i have no idea why the "original" version of the channel no longer works. There is so much code in there (partially unnecessary in my opinion) that I wrote this new version instead of trying to update the other one. Keeping it as simple as possible makes it less likely to break (or at least easier to figure out what breaks when it does).

A basic search function has just been added. I'm looking into a favourites option (linked to the favourites on the website).

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• ZigstaZigsta Members Posts: 17 ✭✭

Works perfectly! Thanks for the simple version!

Not seeing how to use the basic search.  Probably right in front of me but Im not seeing it. 

• Wolf_BrotherWolf_Brother Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    mchristian wrote on April 6 2015, 6:26 PM: »

Not seeing how to use the basic search.  Probably right in front of me but Im not seeing it. 

First off, did you re-install with the updated version?

If so then it's just like with the original plug-in. In Plex/Web when you go into the movie or TV section you use the little search bar at the top left. On the Roku once you choose movies or TV then the last icon at the end after popular, latest releases etc is the search. I haven't been able to try anything else yet but I'm sure it will be similar.

Actually, I did do it like that and no using that search bar does not work.

edited April 2015
    mchristian wrote on April 8 2015, 3:34 PM: »

Actually, I did do it like that and no using that search bar does not work.

In Plex/Web there's always a search bar visible at the top of the screen, but this search is a global search most of the time (not channel specific). To use search inside this LMWT channel, click into Movies or TV Shows, then use the search. The search input field will say "Search Movies" or "Search TV Shows".

edited April 2015
    Pip Longrun wrote on April 8 2015, 11:38 PM: »

In Plex/Web there's always a search bar visible at the top of the screen, but this search is a global search most of the time (not channel specific). To use search inside this LMWT channel, click into Movies or TV Shows, then use the search. The search input field will say "Search Movies" or "Search TV Shows".

Thought I tried that, but let me go back and give it another go.

DUH!  WORKS AS DESCRIBED.  <_<

• GriekGriek Members Posts: 76 ✭✭

Thanks for bringing LMWT back to life, Pip. Great job!

• xbirchyxbirchy Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hi, ive installed the plugin ok but like LMWT and IceFIlms channels it shows no data inside? Just blank under all the Movie/TV options.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

• dappa2dappa2 Members Posts: 264 ✭✭
    xbirchy wrote on April 10 2015, 2:10 PM: »

Hi, ive installed the plugin ok but like LMWT and IceFIlms channels it shows no data inside? Just blank under all the Movie/TV options.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

its probably cause your isp is blocking it, put this url in the channels settings and it should work  https://primewire.unblocked.pw thats what I use and it always works fine for me

as for icefilms looks in the icefilms thread there is a download of it which is working if its blocked.

• xbirchyxbirchy Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    dappa2 wrote on April 10 2015, 3:27 PM: »

its probably cause your isp is blocking it, put this url in the channels settings and it should work  https://primewire.unblocked.pw thats what I use and it always works fine for me

as for icefilms looks in the icefilms thread there is a download of it which is working if its blocked.

You hero! thank you 

• donyzzdonyzz Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    edited April 2015

Is it possible to have a "prefer mp4 source" like in ssplex? That way it can direct play?

• lluxllux Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited April 2015

I installed this version a few days ago since LMWT couldn't play anything anymore. I finally went to try it and it doesn't even show up in the channels. I have double-checked to make sure it is installed in the right folder and has the same permissions as working bundles. Restarted PMS, opened browser to server.... no channel. What's up?

EDIT: OK, I deleted the bundle and started over. It looks like it was updated again the day after I downloaded it last time. I  had to change permisions again. I have to do that with about half the bundles I download anyway, maybe a Linux thing. Channel is showing up now and... playing.  Great! Thank you.

Turmoggy wrote on April 11 2015, 12:18 AM: »

Is it possible to have a "prefer mp4 source" like in ssplex? That way it can direct play?

Possible, yes maybe, but it's not KISS (less options == better == less stuff that breaks). The current version of the channel works for a lot of people because of transcoding. Almost all of the sources I'm using here aren't MP4s anyway (most are FLVs or Xvid encoded AIVs, so transcoding is required almost always).

• scott20jscott20j Members Posts: 15 ✭✭

I have been using this channel on a 2012 samsung and have had zero issues thus far. Search works great, most of the links have worked for each show. Great job. I will keep my eyes peeled for any updates to add favorites etc, but if you need someone to test I will be happy to help in any way I can.