[REL] CcloudTv Channel (IPTV)
This channel is also a stand-alone IPTV playlist player.
Search & Search Queue
Bookmarking (...is based on Channel #. If a Channel # gets reassigned on the website it will point to the new Channel.)
Pins (Since listing/redirects can change day by day, pin uses the final channel url)
Private playlists, EPG support, IMDB support
Updater (read below for compatibility with your OS)
Parental Control (Access Control) one can set permanent access
option under the Channel Preferences.
For Temporary Access (available via all Clients) set an Access Key under Preference first (default is 00000). Then from any Client navigate to Access Control > Set Access Key and enter the same Key. Clear the Key when finished viewing.
Note: Preferences only works using the web interface. Access Control is also used by Updater.
- Plex Media Server:
- Tested Working:
- Windows - (Updater works)
- Linux (Ubuntu) - (Updater to work - cd to Plex Plugin's dir & use 'sudo chown -R plex:plex CcloudTv.bundle')
- Mac - reported - (Updater untested)
- Plex Clients:
- Tested Working:
- Plex Home Theater (Some working Channels report 'Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied')
- Plex/Web (may freeze browser, Some working Channels report 'Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied')
- To Fix 'Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied' - disabling direct play gets around this issue, but it may have issues playing other streams that previously worked fine - here
- Samsung Plex App
- Android Kit-Kat (Samsung Galaxy S3)
- iOS (Apple iPhone6)
- Plex 8.1 app and also LGtv thru medialink - reported here
- Vizio CoStar - reported
- rasplex - reported by User therudy
Known issues and future development:
- Some channels will not play, if so check the cCloud Tv website in the web-browser before reporting with an issue.
- Currently Radio Channels will not work - support to be added Support added
- Compatible devices and limitations -
Transcoder support is a work in progress- Read below under Transcoder
- iOS Issues ? - Read Here
- This channel can be installed via WebTools.bundle or manually follow the directions below.
- Extract zip file downloaded from github to the Plex Media Server plugins folder.
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, or Server 2008: C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins
- Windows XP, Server 2003, or Home Server: C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins
- Mac/Linux: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
- Unix based platforms need to
chown plex:plex -R CcloudTv.bundleafter moving it into the Plug-ins directory (
user:groupmay differ by platform)
- Restart Plex Media Server
How To Use:
- No configuration required, however, one can set a private database web url under Preferences. Refer post #2 below.
- Set the CcloudTv web url (below post #2) before usage without trailing slash under Preferences (Restart App maybe required) and might only work using the Plex-Web as reported - still not clear how to set web url - click here
- Search using Channel name 'CNN', Channel number '07', Channel range '5~15'
- Tip - Search using '1~10', '11~19', '20~29' and so on... to create Search Queue filters for easy navigation
Transcoder:Setting up VLC and Apache server for transcoding feature is discussed -- here, here & here
- Credits to [cCloudTv - cCloud-Popcorntime for LIVE TV an open source project]
- Credits to [Cigaras, Valdas Vaitiekaitis - IPTV] (This plugins uses some parts)
- Credits to [SharkOne] (Some parts of updater)
- Credits to [zombian] for plugin icons
OS: Win7, Win10, Ubuntu 16.04, MacOS Sierra, FreeBSD 11.0
Storage: 4x6TB WD PR4100 NAS
Clients: PlexWeb, Samsung Plex App, Sony Opera App, Firestick Android, PS4, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7.0
If you like my channels you can support my beer fund here
My published channels and other work in progress on github