If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexPy - Another Plex Monitoring Program

Comments

• sn00psn00p Posts: 156Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any luck finding the problem with the iPad problem with the initial display not showing the cards?

(It's not just me that has this issue, it's on the bug tracker as well)

• JonnyWong16JonnyWong16 Posts: 1,708Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@sn00p said:
    Any luck finding the problem with the iPad problem with the initial display not showing the cards?

(It's not just me that has this issue, it's on the bug tracker as well)

We have no idea what is causing it. Until we do, it most likely won't get fixed.

Tautulli - Developer | Forums | Reddit | GitHub - Wiki - FAQ | FeatHub | Discord
    Donate: Patreon | Paypal - Bitcoin: 3FdfJAyNWU15Sf11U9FTgPHuP1hPz32eEN

Please read the guidelines before asking for help! Post your logs!

• gene0915gene0915 Posts: 63Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

First off, I'm a Linux newbie.

I had PlexPy setup and working perfectly in Linux Mint 18.3. For dumb reasons, I moved to Antergos (Arch) for a few weeks and had non-stop permission issues with all sorts of things then trashed that and went back to Mint.

I installed PlexPy per the instructions but had problems with it starting up, which turned out to be permission issues with I fixed by issuing the following command:

sudo chown -R gene:gene /opt/plexpy/

Then, I noticed that PlexPy wasn't recording viewer data, which again, turned out to be a permission issue and after issuing the following commands:

chmod -R 777 /opt/plexpy/

chmod g+s /opt/plexpy/

PlexPy is now recording data perfectly. But I can't help but wonder, I'm fairly certain I didn't have to jump through these hoops when I first set PlexPy up. (Maybe I did though.... can't remember).

With all that, should I be good to go now or should I make any additional changes? I was poking around in the PlexPy log files and saw some warning about not being able to get screen art for some item (or something like that) but PP appears to be working and logging stuff now.

PS PlexPy is running under my account 'gene' and the 'gene' group.

• dewddewd Posts: 512Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sometime in the past couple weeks Tautulli stopped talking to Facebook. While troubleshooting I discovered more issues - Tautulli is having issues communicating completely with Plex as well. It can see the libraries and accurately logs when something is played, but it cannot see when updates are available and seems to have issues seeing users. I recently moved to a new server and I honestly can't say if Tautulli ever worked properly since (I didn't dig since it seemed to be working).

Is there something I missed. I'm running Ubuntu Server 17.10 and the latest Plex beta. The errors seem to indicate SSL issues but it fails weather I have SSL enabled or not (Plex is set to Preferred). I also tested plex.direct successfully. I tried changing the IP from localhost to the server IP and back (all get successful tests and all work for monitoring playback).

Any ideas?

@dewd said:
    Sometime in the past couple weeks Tautulli stopped talking to Facebook. While troubleshooting I discovered more issues - Tautulli is having issues communicating completely with Plex as well. It can see the libraries and accurately logs when something is played, but it cannot see when updates are available and seems to have issues seeing users. I recently moved to a new server and I honestly can't say if Tautulli ever worked properly since (I didn't dig since it seemed to be working).

Is there something I missed. I'm running Ubuntu Server 17.10 and the latest Plex beta. The errors seem to indicate SSL issues but it fails weather I have SSL enabled or not (Plex is set to Preferred). I also tested plex.direct successfully. I tried changing the IP from localhost to the server IP and back (all get successful tests and all work for monitoring playback).

Any ideas?

The SSL errors are not for your server. You have SSL errors to public websites like https://plex.tv and https://graph.facebook.com. This is an issue with your network configuration. It looks like you're using IPv6. I have no other insight to offer you.

Tautulli - Developer | Forums | Reddit | GitHub - Wiki - FAQ | FeatHub | Discord

• dewddewd Posts: 512Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@JonnyWong16 said:

@dewd said:

Any ideas?

The SSL errors are not for your server. You have SSL errors to public websites like https://plex.tv and https://graph.facebook.com. This is an issue with your network configuration. It looks like you're using IPv6. I have no other insight to offer you.

IPV6 is NOT enabled on purpose. It must be turned on by default with Ubuntu. I will turn it off. Thanks for the pointer.

• Mini_ServerMini_Server Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love this program, and just started using it, one enhancement I would LOVE to get is the ability to report and display which movies are using hardware acceleration.

In plex status you can see if it is using hardware encoding or decoding

I would love this to be displayed in the info playing tab

Also the ability to see what was used in the history of the played movies and report off which were using hardware acceleration :)

• JamminRJamminR Posts: 3,482Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mini_server - Tautulli is beta, formerly Plexpy version 2, will show whether or not something is/was hardware assisted.
    No new features are being added to the PlexPy 1.4.x branch.
    Also, the forum is not the place to make requests/suggestions. see https://feathub.com/Tautulli/Tautulli

Server - HW: I7-4790K(Haswell), 16GB - SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.13.0.5003
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 2TB RAID1(Intel Z87) + 4x4TB RAID5(QNAP TS-653Pro)
    Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~20mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~450gb)
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - Tautulli - UASv3 - PlexEmail - FMoviesPlus
  • rwofficerwoffice Posts: 188Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm currently running PlexPy 1.4.25 on my Synology 1815+ via the SynoCommunity package. SynoCommunity doesn't seem to have updated it in quite some time, but up until October I was able to update it manually by just doing Check for Updates, however that no longer works.

Obviously, I'd much rather be running Tautulli at this point, but I'm unsure of the easiest way to do that. Some people say that you can SSH in and just do git fetch and git checkout beta, but I don't believe the SynoCommunity docker is capable of doing that, or if it is I can't figure out how to do it.

Git is installed on the system, but when I go to /usr/local/plexpy-custom and run git fetch it just says -sh: git: command not found.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

@rwoffice said:
    I'm currently running PlexPy 1.4.25 on my Synology 1815+ via the SynoCommunity package. SynoCommunity doesn't seem to have updated it in quite some time, but up until October I was able to update it manually by just doing Check for Updates, however that no longer works.

Obviously, I'd much rather be running Tautulli at this point, but I'm unsure of the easiest way to do that. Some people say that you can SSH in and just do git fetch and git checkout beta, but I don't believe the SynoCommunity docker is capable of doing that, or if it is I can't figure out how to do it.

Git is installed on the system, but when I go to /usr/local/plexpy-custom and run git fetch it just says -sh: git: command not found.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Wait until it's out of beta.

@JonnyWong16 said:
    Wait until it's out of beta.

Sounds good, will do. Thanks!

@rwoffice - for what it's worth, 1.4.25 is technically the latest version of PlexPy.
    There just won't be anything new added to it due to Tautulli being worked on.

Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!

Makes sense, no need to devote resources to supporting something that's about to be replaced. Thanks for the additional info @JamminR :)

• Geoff555Geoff555 Posts: 94Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Geoff555 said:
    Is there a way for PlexPy to record something as 'Watched' without the item being in a stopped state? The reason I am looking for this is that if I stop a DVR recording and then immediately delete it the fact that I have watched it is usually not recorded and the history record shows no record of it.

If I wait for a minute or so before deleting it then Plexpy sees that it is above a certain percentage Watched and is in a stopped state so records the programme as watched and records it in the history record.

I would like to be able to set a percentage Watched that once reached the programme is deemed Watched and this is recorded, even if the programme is still playing.

This problem is still occurring despite adjusting various settings. I have looked at the Plexpy log that shows it attempts to update history 5 times and then removes the record from the history file. Is there no way round this problem other than to sit and wait for a while before deleting a recording?

Before I post any issues in the tracker and/or roll back to beta, is anyone else here on 'nightly' Tautulli Git, and, having troubles in Firefox?
    I'm getting the below.

Error !
    NameError: Undefined
    <div class="modal-content"> <div class="modal-header"> <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-hidden="true"><i class="fa fa-remove"></i></button> <h4 class="modal-title">Tautulli Updated to <strong>${VERSION_NUMBER}</strong></h4> </div> <div class="modal-body"> </div> <div class="modal-footer"> <input type="button" class="btn btn-bright" data-dismiss="modal" value="Close">
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\lib/mako\runtime.py, line 222:
    raise NameError("Undefined")
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\data/interfaces/default/index.html, line 146:
    <h4 class="modal-title">Tautulli Updated to <strong>${VERSION_NUMBER}</strong></h4>
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\data/interfaces/default/base.html, line 167:
    ${next.modalIncludes()}
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\lib/mako\runtime.py, line 860:
    callable_(context, *args, **kwargs)
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\lib/mako\runtime.py, line 835:
    _exec_template(inherit, lclcontext, args=args, kwargs=kwargs)
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\lib/mako\runtime.py, line 803:
    **_kwargs_for_callable(callable_, data))
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\lib/mako\template.py, line 443:
    return runtime._render(self, self.callable_, args, data)
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\plexpy\webserve.py, line 73:
    _session=_session, **kwargs)

@JamminR said:
    Before I post any issues in the tracker and/or roll back to beta, is anyone else here on 'nightly' Tautulli Git, and, having troubles in Firefox?
    I'm getting the below.

Error !
    NameError: Undefined

<

div class="modal-content">

Tautulli Updated to ${VERSION_NUMBER}

<

div class="modal-footer">

D:\PlexCache\tautulli\lib/mako\runtime.py, line 222:
    raise NameError("Undefined")
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\data/interfaces/default/index.html, line 146:

Tautulli Updated to ${VERSION_NUMBER}

D:\PlexCache\tautulli\data/interfaces/default/base.html, line 167:
    ${next.modalIncludes()}
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\lib/mako\runtime.py, line 860:
    callable_(context, *args, **kwargs)
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\lib/mako\runtime.py, line 835:
    _exec_template(inherit, lclcontext, args=args, kwargs=kwargs)
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\lib/mako\runtime.py, line 803:
    **_kwargs_for_callable(callable_, data))
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\lib/mako\template.py, line 443:
    return runtime._render(self, self.callable_, args, data)
    D:\PlexCache\tautulli\plexpy\webserve.py, line 73:
    _session=_session, **kwargs)

Thanks.

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli/issues/1258

@Geoff555 said:

@Geoff555 said:
    Is there a way for PlexPy to record something as 'Watched' without the item being in a stopped state? The reason I am looking for this is that if I stop a DVR recording and then immediately delete it the fact that I have watched it is usually not recorded and the history record shows no record of it.

If I wait for a minute or so before deleting it then Plexpy sees that it is above a certain percentage Watched and is in a stopped state so records the programme as watched and records it in the history record.

I would like to be able to set a percentage Watched that once reached the programme is deemed Watched and this is recorded, even if the programme is still playing.

This problem is still occurring despite adjusting various settings. I have looked at the Plexpy log that shows it attempts to update history 5 times and then removes the record from the history file. Is there no way round this problem other than to sit and wait for a while before deleting a recording?

Wait before deleting, or have PlexPy run a script after the stream stops to automatically delete for you.

Welcome, and, Woah. It's like that reporter and I tried viewing our server status at almost the same time.
    I've updated issue with slightly more information.

Back on beta for now.

• Arron CoxArron Cox Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 25

Have the latest FreeNAS server OS installed. Have Plex running under a jail and I'm trying to install PlexPy under the same jail. Followed the install instructions found here https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli/wiki/Installation for FreeNAS install inside my jail. When I run the command...

python2 PlexPy.py

I get this error...

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "PlexPy.py", line 35, in
    import plexpy

File "/usr/local/share/plexpy/plexpy/init.py", line 17, in
    import sqlite3
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/sqlite3/init.py", line 24, in
    from dbapi2 import *
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/sqlite3/dbapi2.py", line 28, in
    from _sqlite3 import *
    ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so.0: Undefined symbol "fdatasync"

The first time I ran 'python2 PlexPy.py' I did not get the error. I tried to configure PlexPy.py to run on startup(service), but I was reading the wrong instructions. Anyhow I thought I had messed things up. So I tried to run python2 PlexPy.py again and started getting the above error. I used pkg remove to uninstall all the packages I installed so I could just start over. But I still get the error above. Even after rebooting my jail (after removing all the packages and plexpy folders).

I tried to Google the error but it is such a long error. I could not really find anything.

Thank you for any help on this

@Arron Cox - This seems to be a FreeNAS issue.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/freenas/comments/7l2wao/radarr_wont_start_in_freenas_111/
    Though that discussion mentions radarr, i found mention of the error on several other searches related to FreeNAS and SQlite3.
    If you're positive you used the Wiki instruction to install pre-requisites, that link may tell how to fix it.
    (Though it seems a pain)
    I know in Windows I had to overwrite a sqlite3 dll file with an different version.

This discussion has been closed.